• Forum membership has its advantages....

2020 Toyo Tires Desert Invitational presented by Monster Energy

Fire1998

Hopefully Rob will find a new primary sponsor since Rock Star let him go. Not Robs fault.....just weird to see his truck withou Rock Star on side of his trucks. Hopefully it doesn't affect his program too much!!

Robert Mason

Luke and Bryce are some of the fastest drivers there are. Would Bryce still have qualified first and won the race in a 2wd, I can’t say that for sure. I truly doubt he would have out qualified him by 1:35 and won by as much as he did though. Our awd trucks proved to be faster and had a better finish rate than the 2wd trucks this race.

Dave Cole 4454

Some data to crunch on...apples to apples comparison.

RM 6 to RM 28

All cars raced the same course. Technical spots, and big bumps with one ridge line.

Logan Goodall #1950 in a Limited Class Legends car 38.03 MPH

Kyle Chaney #191 in a Can Am 44.85 MPH

Luke McMillin #83 2WD TT 50.60 MPH

Jason Scherer #76 in a 4400 car 50.89 MPH

Bryce Menzies #7 4WD TT 59.70 MPH

Discuss

jcorsico

RM 6 to RM 28

All cars raced the same course. Technical spots, and big bumps with one ridge line.

Discuss
That's a big difference. What was Andy's time? And Harley and BJ? Interesting that the Ultra-4 car was faster than Luke; must have been terrain that really favored a 4WD.

Robert Mason

RM 6 to RM 28

Discuss

harleys dad

That’s huge. Ask Bryce and Andy what’s faster, 2WD or 4WD
not saying they are not but the 1000 in the muddiest conditions 2 wheel drive beat the 4x by a good amount and had Luke not have had his issue he would have won in a 2wd. Lots of things can happen and some really fast guys still race 2wd with big budgets. Will be interesting for sure

ItsYourLegacy

And a "golf cart" finished 15th in the main event ...say it isn't so...
Thats impressive.
Agreed. Cody Miller qualified in the top row for his class earlier in the week (finished 9th; his brother qualified right beside him and won it all the first time out); Qualified 25th in the main and broke a diff/placed 15th.
Impressive indeed (apologies if quotes were transposed from another KOH thread).

Last edited:

Jacob B

We see lot's of money and resources spent on R&D for AWD TT's.
Is there any money spent to R&D for 2wd TT's today?

EMS702

Rescue 1
No AWDs raced Parker. RG qualified and realized his truck isn’t up to snuff. He better put a bigger motor in that thing if he wants to hang with the Mason’s. It’s going to be the Voss and Letner show in BITD all year long with all the big boys racing SCORE.
Not an AWD thing. Minus Parker I think BJ is racing BITD and SCORE If his program is on point and it is looking that way, he may give Voss and Letner some competition. I know I would like to see him do better.

Class10DAN

i know i'm gonna get bad reactions from this post but here it goes.

why not just have 2 "sub" classes for TT. one will be for 2wd and could be called 6100.2 or TT2 and the other would hold the 4wd cousins, 6100.4 or TT4 (4=4wd)
this is just a stupid idea, either you have the 2wd and 4wd race separate or... just all get along and have fun.

baja_racer

Another great show Dave!!!!!! So much better being there than riding your PC.

jon coleman

Ok Dave, now lets get the ball rolling for koh 2021, what is the plan to be bigger & better?, bet you already started the logistics , yesterday?? ;)