2020 Vegas to Reno line up, Qualifying, and Draw

MTPyle

Man what a line up of top TT guys. This is going to be fun to watch. 34 TT and 31 6100. Lots of Turbo UTV's as well and one of the biggest groups of Triphylite in a long time.

The Class 10 and 7200 get to qualify as well. Great way for them to prove they can beat all the trucks on the qualifying course. Hehe

https://bitd.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/2020-VtoR-Draw-Order.pdf

Last night there was only 14 6100 signed up. I guess everyone was busy Pre running. LOL

Mike

nohandslance

Did Herbst build the Grabowski Brother's 6100 Truck?
See everyone as you pass Rawhide..
Lance

MTPyle

Now there are 34 6100. Jax is racing 6100 not TT.

I don’t see AJ in the TT list with his 6100

Will be interesting to see SCORE TT specs racing against BITD tagged engines? Score spec engines can be rebuilt and decked. They make more power for sure.

figured I would start some drama now. Haha.

Mike

jon coleman

if your a driver thats into excuses, its a good one( im a racer, thats currently rideless,and never had excuses, i dig it!!!!!)

Last edited:

MTPyle

I think the night time qualifying will be fun. Adds a different aspect for sure. It will be interesting to see who it helps and who it hurts. It will be cooler temps which will be nice.

I like it. Only thing that sucks is we always get some great photos from qualifying and that won’t happen at night.

another aspect of the schedule thats interesting is the class 10 guys will be during the day so they won’t be able to say they beat the 6100 trucks. Haha love it.

Mike

MTPyle

The more I think about Apex at night the more I worry about it. It’s really just that one section with the two table tops and the crazy corner. That is already a very sketch section and eats trucks up. Lot more room for error at night. I don’t want to sound like a wussy but I hope they do not use that section.

I know it’s a crowd favorite but in the dark it won’t be as fun to watch so maybe it’s not worth it?

what do you guys think?

Mike

Robin Hood

The more I think about Apex at night the more I worry about it. It’s really just that one section with the two table tops and the crazy corner. That is already a very sketch section and eats trucks up. Lot more room for error at night. I don’t want to sound like a wussy but I hope they do not use that section.

I know it’s a crowd favorite but in the dark it won’t be as fun to watch so maybe it’s not worth it?

what do you guys think?

Mike
I think you should let me qualify for you. I'll come with help, tools and a long bed truck ;)

MTPyle

Robin Hood,

I would love to have someone else qualify for me. LOL I keep trying to get my son Connor to do it but he does not want to start the race on race day. The person that qualifies has to start the race.

I could not sleep last night thinking about V2R qualifying at night. LOL Haha Mostly because I know I have to do better than I did for Silverstate but last years V2R qualifying at Apex I rolled my truck. So much pressure.

I watched my qualifying run from SS300 and man I screwed up a lot. So there is room for improvement without getting crazy. I posted the qualifying in car on my Silverstate thread if anyone wants to check it out. Its pretty ugly. LOL

Mike

Last edited:

Robin Hood

Robin Hood,

I would love to have someone else qualify for me. LOL I keep trying to get my son Connor to do it but he does not want to start the race on race day. The person that qualifies has to start the race.

I could not sleep last night thinking about V2R qualifying at night. LOL Haha Mostly because I know I have to do better than I did for Silverstate but last years V2R qualifying at Apex I rolled my truck. So much pressure.

I watched my qualifying run from SS300 and man I screwed up a lot. So there is room for improvement without getting crazy. I posted the qualifying in car on my Silverstate thread if anyone wants to check it out. Its pretty ugly. LOL

Mike
Yes, I would be willing to do the start as well:cool:

Seriously though...if you were closer, I would be at your shop helping you. That is if you would have me:rolleyes:

jon coleman

what do you guys think?

Mike
if it was in a smaller area with lots of jumps that had flood/ construction type lights i think would be cool, 'Laughlin leap'ish

ht racing

problem is its not really for the fans or ppl to come out to watch its kinda closed for qualify teams only.

ht racing

good luck staying up all night to qualify get your truck loaded then straight to tech the next morning then drive to the start. glad i am not in this one!

MTPyle

BITD does tech at Qualifying so for the ones that qualify you will not need to attend the tech and contingency. So we will have a day off between qualifying and race day.

But heck I have almost never slept before a qualifying or a race, we are always scrambling, LOL V2R was the first race I got to bed before 1am the night of qualifying and race day

Mike

MTPyle

HT
Come on. I am telling you that BITD does tech at qualifying. We just did Silverstate and that’s how it was. We did not have to go to tech and contingency after qualifying. Does not matter what they did for Parker. It’s a new world.

and the problem with my sleep is we are always working our asses off on our truck before the race. We are a very small team and have to do a lot of work ourselves. We have 5 guys total that help us including my two boys and myself. Prepping and tweaking a 6100 is no joke and we take it very seriously. We can’t test here in Utah so we usually test right before the race. Which makes for some late nights.

Mike

ht racing

HT
Come on. I am telling you that BITD does tech at qualifying. We just did Silverstate and that’s how it was. We did not have to go to tech and contingency after qualifying. Does not matter what they did for Parker. It’s a new world.

and the problem with my sleep is we are always working our asses off on our truck before the race. We are a very small team and have to do a lot of work ourselves. We have 5 guys total that help us including my two boys and myself. Prepping and tweaking a 6100 is no joke and we take it very seriously. We can’t test here in Utah so we usually test right before the race. Which makes for some late nights.

Mike
chill! things changes since parker...... get some sleep i know i was up all night putting in your motor last year i get it!