2020 Vegas to Reno line up, Qualifying, and Draw

jon coleman

sports medicine book i have says sleep the night before a big event not too critical, as long as the few previous nights sleep are sufficient, ie, if your not getting enough through out the week And the night before, thats a problem

MTPyle

So one thing that was just brought up with our team was Pit traffic. I guess at SS300 all the UTV guys got to the pits early and set up "camp" and there was no pit stalls left for us trucks. Thats going to be a even larger problem at V2R. Especially for us as we will have our trailer as a pit vehicle.

The pits were 2-3 truck deep waiting for pits while UTV guys that had not even started the race were in all the pits. I will bring this up with BITD also but we need to help each other out and only get in the pits when your vehicle is getting closer to that pit.

with so many entries in V2R some of the pits are pretty small and tight its going to be a mess if we don't be respectful.

Mike

MTPyle

Kyle

there are only a few places in the desert to run by us and they do not have any whoops or the type of Terrain we need to shake the truck down. They are also super congested with UTV and motorcycle traffic. We have tried a few times and it’s just way too sketchy and really not a good test.

half of the year it’s muddy, snowy and cold out there also. Just does not work well for consistent testing or shake down. If we had no choice we could do it but it’s not ideal.

so for the most part we plan to get to Vegas to shake down the truck early. I wish we could be ahead of schedule. Even this upcoming race we thought we would have the truck back together in time to go down for testing a week early. But we pulled the trans pan and there were tiny metal shavings. So we sent the trans and underdrive off and they won’t be back and in until later next week. So there goes our extra time. Haha. Seems like every race if we have time we use it. I am sure the pro shops and big teams don’t have that problem.

Mike

Last edited:

Goober

Kyle

there are only a few places in the desert to run by us and they do not have any whoops or the type of Terrain we need to shake the truck down. They are also super congested with UTV and motorcycle traffic. We have tried a few times and it’s just way too sketchy and really not a good test.

half of the year it’s muddy, snowy and cold out there also. Just does not work well for consistent testing or shake down. If we had no choice we could do it but it’s not ideal.

so for the most part we plan to get to Vegas to shake down the truck early. I wish we could be ahead of schedule. Even this upcoming race we thought we would have the truck back together in time to go down for testing a week early. But we pulled the trans pan and there were tiny metal shavings. So we sent the trans and underdrive off and they won’t be back and in until later next week. So there goes our extra time. Haha. Seems like every race if we have time we use it. I am sure the pro shops and big teams don’t have that problem.

Mike
Wells midweek is empty .

MTPyle

Thanks. Never been to wells. For some reason I never drive north. I am a southern guy. Haha we will have to go check it out. we always tried 5 mile and it was a mess any day we went.

Mike

MTPyle

37 6100 is a huge turnout. The list of names is pretty intimidating. A very very experienced fast group. We have our work cut out for us for sure. Our goal is to be in the top 10 but man thats a big ask at this race with that line up. Our BHAG (Big Hairy Audacious Goal) is to be in the top 5.

I normally go thru the lineup and count how many guys I think we will have a hard time beating even if everything goes well. Its usually 6-7 guys. I went thru this list and counted 15 guys that would have to have a problem and us not have a problem for us to beat. LOL That means we and everyone else will have to step it up and push. For 500 miles thats going to be hard to do.

The TT group is star studded for sure. Cant wait to see all those guys qualify, Just need night goggles. Haha

I may be wrong but this may be the most top drivers we have had at a BITD race in a long time.

Mike

jon coleman

just remember this little tipp ,go fast in the fast ,& go slow in the slow, no flats and a top 5 finish is a poc;)

CaptinCrash

Now there are 34 6100. Jax is racing 6100 not TT.

I don’t see AJ in the TT list with his 6100

Will be interesting to see SCORE TT specs racing against BITD tagged engines? Score spec engines can be rebuilt and decked. They make more power for sure.

figured I would start some drama now. Haha.

Mike
No one should be starting the race with anything other then a turnkey tagged engine per Bitd you can’t have anything other then a turnkey engine past aug 11th 2020

EMS702

Rescue 1
Been a long week and just getting to read RDC. I saw the night qualifying and with you I am both excited for the cooler non sun temps but the holes and woops to me seem different at night. Also depends which qualifying course they use. Easier for me to see what route I need to take to get to a truck for medical in the daylight. Thankfully we adapt pretty well and make things happen.