2020 Vegas to Reno line up, Qualifying, and Draw

MTPyle

Captincrash

I agree but I am also willing to bet there are some guys with SCORE tagged engines that will be racing. I have a hard time believing all those guys that race SCORE took the time to put in a BITD engine and took our their more powerful decked SCORE engine.

someone mentioned that’s why AJ went into TT was that he has the SCORE tagged engine. I just don’t know if everyone is as honest as he is.

I am a big time rule guy and the more I learn about this sport the more I realize many rules are not taken seriously. For that reason I think it’s a pretty safe bet there are at least a few guys with SCORE cheater motors.

I asked BITD and Turnkey if I could change something that would make about 10-15 more HP and they told me I could not do that. So we didn’t. then at tech I asked one of the guys how they check to make sure nobody else was making that mod and they said they can’t check. So basically I don’t get to do it as I follow the rules but someone else can do it and they won’t get caught. LOL it’s not worth it for us to cheat as if we get caught it will be bad for us and our sponsors. And with racing with my boys I sure do not want to teach them that cheating is OK. But I don’t think all the racers share my view on cheating.

Mike

johndjmix

Does anyone know if they are actually doing an in-person awards ceremony? Some of the schedules say yes, others say no.....

Personally i think it would be a *REALLY* bad idea. #coronaparty

--John

CaptinCrash

Captincrash

I agree but I am also willing to bet there are some guys with SCORE tagged engines that will be racing. I have a hard time believing all those guys that race SCORE took the time to put in a BITD engine and took our their more powerful decked SCORE engine.

someone mentioned that’s why AJ went into TT was that he has the SCORE tagged engine. I just don’t know if everyone is as honest as he is.

I am a big time rule guy and the more I learn about this sport the more I realize many rules are not taken seriously. For that reason I think it’s a pretty safe bet there are at least a few guys with SCORE cheater motors.

I asked BITD and Turnkey if I could change something that would make about 10-15 more HP and they told me I could not do that. So we didn’t. then at tech I asked one of the guys how they check to make sure nobody else was making that mod and they said they can’t check. So basically I don’t get to do it as I follow the rules but someone else can do it and they won’t get caught. LOL it’s not worth it for us to cheat as if we get caught it will be bad for us and our sponsors. And with racing with my boys I sure do not want to teach them that cheating is OK. But I don’t think all the racers share my view on cheating.

Mike
Well after the last race with the body ordeal I hope bitd puts there foot down if they don’t I will be installing my score spec engine after qualifying if they aren’t going to enforce the rules I’m not gonna follow them I for one am tired of getting screwed just for following the rules

MTPyle

Yeah it’s frustrating to have guys get away with cheating or bending the rules. I do not think BITD has done a great job of enforcing the 6100 rules. The fact that there has not been one DQ or violation pretty much tells you they are not getting caught. I would bet out if 37 6100 someone in that group is cheating.

We have a 460hp engine racing against 525hp so we have done all we can to get every legal HP out of our truck. During that process I found out about a lot of ways to get more HP that’s not legal. So I know there are ways and if that’s true we know people are doing it.

They don’t even check and verify the tag serial numbers. So anyone could just get the same style tag and re tag them. That alone opens up tons of ways to make more power. I think they should look at the numbers and compare to what Turnkey sold to that team.

it’s a spec class so they need to keep it fair and not trust anyone.

I think BITD should require Turnkey to be at every race and do the inspection. And come up with test methods that find the cheaters. All they do now is check vacuum and for a tag. That’s not a good test.

they really just need to check the top 5 really really well.

Mike

ht racing

So one thing that was just brought up with our team was Pit traffic. I guess at SS300 all the UTV guys got to the pits early and set up "camp" and there was no pit stalls left for us trucks. Thats going to be a even larger problem at V2R. Especially for us as we will have our trailer as a pit vehicle.

The pits were 2-3 truck deep waiting for pits while UTV guys that had not even started the race were in all the pits. I will bring this up with BITD also but we need to help each other out and only get in the pits when your vehicle is getting closer to that pit.

with so many entries in V2R some of the pits are pretty small and tight its going to be a mess if we don't be respectful.

Mike
we had this problem years ago its kinda like bumping on the course we just set up in front of them. you cant hog the pits and think your team is more important than the next. some will even help you others will bitch!

jon coleman

we had this problem years ago its kinda like bumping on the course we just set up in front of them. you cant hog the pits and think your team is more important than the next. some will even help you others will bitch!
i always picked a good spot with Lotts of poser pre runners hoggging room, pull up, set up pit in between hogged pit and next pitt, never could tell whats what with all the commotion, its also EASYIER to find your pitt if you auger in next to a factory semi

mebedb1

I had No issues with access to the pits at SS300.
I was in pit 1, 3, 4,& 5 and we started 12th in spec. I had the guys in pit 2 stop at 3 in case I had issues getting there.
at pit 4 I backed the Excursion in between 2 teams, one was a 6100 team who moved their staked fuel tarp for us
in case we were gonna stop and diagnose our fuel issue...
my.02
DB

MTPyle

MTP, does 6100 have a class administrator?, like scca spec racer ford?, ( YOU are the Perfect candidate)😍

uh, hell no. I hate those guys. Haha. I don’t want to be that guy. I have a hard enough time making friends. LOL I would rather just cause crap on the internet.

which BTW this face mask thing is killing me. I am a total smart a$$ in person and joke a lot. I am finding that with a mask people can’t see that I am smiling and joking. Haha. I keep pissing off more people than usual lately. For sure not making any new friends.

Mike

ndvalium

Rescue Director
Does anyone know if they are actually doing an in-person awards ceremony? Some of the schedules say yes, others say no.....

Personally i think it would be a *REALLY* bad idea. #coronaparty

--John
No awards Saturday night which is very disappointing. It’s the one time a year many of my team get to enjoy an evening with the folks we enjoy sharing the dirt with.

CaptinCrash

Yeah it’s frustrating to have guys get away with cheating or bending the rules. I do not think BITD has done a great job of enforcing the 6100 rules. The fact that there has not been one DQ or violation pretty much tells you they are not getting caught. I would bet out if 37 6100 someone in that group is cheating.

We have a 460hp engine racing against 525hp so we have done all we can to get every legal HP out of our truck. During that process I found out about a lot of ways to get more HP that’s not legal. So I know there are ways and if that’s true we know people are doing it.

They don’t even check and verify the tag serial numbers. So anyone could just get the same style tag and re tag them. That alone opens up tons of ways to make more power. I think they should look at the numbers and compare to what Turnkey sold to that team.

it’s a spec class so they need to keep it fair and not trust anyone.

I think BITD should require Turnkey to be at every race and do the inspection. And come up with test methods that find the cheaters. All they do now is check vacuum and for a tag. That’s not a good test.

they really just need to check the top 5 really really well.

Mike
I totally agree I wouldn’t mind paying more on my entry fee so we as a class could have someone in place I’m pretty frustrated with what’s going on especially since I my request for a protest was denied at silver state I think we do need a class rep !!! I’m really getting tired of being screwed from following the rules

jon coleman

karma gets the cheeeters, when i even thought of , 'interpreting ' the rules, bad things started to happen, , AND i found out the top guys didnt have to cheat, they were just frikken fast, most of the time guys who cheeted are just struggling to stay on lead lapp

johndjmix

I wish we could do it too, i really liked last years...i never imagined i would gfet to stand on that stage, and pulling 2nd place last year was a dream come true, a lot of credit goes to my team and Gary Hull, the other driver of my truck!

Lets hope this covid is over soon so we can get back to normal #f**k Corona!

--John

No awards Saturday night which is very disappointing. It’s the one time a year many of my team get to enjoy an evening with the folks we enjoy sharing the dirt with.

joshmx88

Mike,
I know you have said why in the past, but refresh my memory on why you are starting out with a lower output engine to begin with?
It seems like you knowingly put yourself at disadvantage with that.....?

MTPyle

Josh,

We did not know we were getting the 460hp version of the LT. we thought it was the 535hp version. The 535hp makes way more power than the LS525. So it would not be fair so Kolby (turnkey) only approved the 460hp version. Fact is the 460hp makes closer to the LS525 than you would think. We were already committed to the new LT when all this went down and did not have time or money to go backwards to the LS so we went with it. We are now putting down pretty close to what the 525 LS motor puts down but we have to run E85 to get there, which sucks on range. We make more Torque than the LS for sure but we are maybe 10hp short of the LS525 on Race gas to the ground.

The LT does not have as much on the top but we pull harder on the bottom. We had to do a lot to our set up to get where we are. It took every trick in the book. I had to work hard to make more power without breaking the rules. That is one of the reasons why I care about the rules. If I were to cheat I could make our LT make way more and have a huge advantage.

Sorry for the long story. Short answer is we got screwed and tried to make the best of it. LOL

Mike

C.J. Hutchins

Robin Hood,

I would love to have someone else qualify for me. LOL I keep trying to get my son Connor to do it but he does not want to start the race on race day. The person that qualifies has to start the race.

I could not sleep last night thinking about V2R qualifying at night. LOL Haha Mostly because I know I have to do better than I did for Silverstate but last years V2R qualifying at Apex I rolled my truck. So much pressure.

I watched my qualifying run from SS300 and man I screwed up a lot. So there is room for improvement without getting crazy. I posted the qualifying in car on my Silverstate thread if anyone wants to check it out. Its pretty ugly. LOL

Mike
smooth is fast even at qualifying, I have learned you can over drive the vehicle and it generally costs you a mistake, which in turn costs you more time than just slowing down a little. but what do I know, ha ha ha