2020 XP PRO RZR SUSPENSION ISSUE

mxben

Solutions
Reaction
While doing some mild pace pre running during this years Baja 500 we noticed that my grandpas 2020 Polaris XP PRO front suspension was pogo'ng pretty hard on successive whoops. Steeper and closer together made the issue worse. It seemed like the big spaced out rollers were ok. The shock was topping out pretty hard to the point it seemed like a real issue. Like there was no rebound damping. I should note he has the shock therapy springs on it now as well.

I've spoken with some experts and they say that the shock just isn't designed to work well in that terrain. Our Turbo S supposedly has a better shock and seems to go through this stuff fine. Just curious if anyone else with this model has had any similar issues and what they did to remedy it. Limit straps will go on but it is definitely just a bandaid.

sand shark

Reaction
Which shock package is on your XP Pro? If it is the Walker Evans shocks take them to Walker Evans and have them do their magic. Those Velocity shocks work pretty good once they are tuned correctly. Shock Therapy sells a really nice limit strap set up.

I know on my X3 shocks there is a top out spring internally that helps with any issues. My last X3 had over 8000 miles on it and no limit straps.

You can give Tom Morris at UTV shocks a call ((949) 500- 1586) and see if he does the XP Pro shocks. His work on the X3 is amazing. He is been around off-road racing for every and day.

mxben

Solutions
Reaction
Which shock package is on your XP Pro? If it is the Walker Evans shocks take them to Walker Evans and have them do their magic. Those Velocity shocks work pretty good once they are tuned correctly. Shock Therapy sells a really nice limit strap set up.

I know on my X3 shocks there is a top out spring internally that helps with any issues. My last X3 had over 8000 miles on it and no limit straps.

You can give Tom Morris at UTV shocks a call ((949) 500- 1586) and see if he does the XP Pro shocks. His work on the X3 is amazing. He is been around off-road racing for every and day.

it is the FOX podium shock.

cjohnson

Reaction
I know you have a Polaris but as a reference point my X3 tops out like that. Only in two or three places a prerun. Just like you said, steep and close together whoops. I put in a little more low speed compression damping and it helped. I've always been told to stay away from adding rebound damping because it's easy to put in too much. Also most of time people think they need more rebound when they actually need more compression damping. The true fix is limit straps. Violently toping out the shocks will eventually lead to the shock mounts breaking off.

sand shark

Reaction
it is the FOX podium shock.

Those Fox shocks can be set up to work well, but do have their limits. I think they only have the high speed compression adjuster so you can only fine tune so much. If you don't mind spending money you can upgrade to the better Fox Shocks RC2.

Here is the link to the Shock Therapy limit strap set up for the XP Pro

mxben

Solutions
Reaction
Those Fox shocks can be set up to work well, but do have their limits. I think they only have the high speed compression adjuster so you can only fine tune so much. If you don't mind spending money you can upgrade to the better Fox Shocks RC2.

Here is the link to the Shock Therapy limit strap set up for the XP Pro

Thanks, ya we got the limit straps ordered.

Our Turbo S never has this problem and we flog that girl pretty hard.

sand shark

Reaction
Thanks, ya we got the limit straps ordered.

Our Turbo S never has this problem and we flog that girl pretty hard.
The Turbo S works well in stock form. The only thing that will happen is the stock springs will sag. A good spring kit with a crossover to give you the true dual rate works wonders on the shocks. Too bad Polaris decided to stop making it for 2022.

Total Loss

Reaction
The Turbo S works well in stock form. The only thing that will happen is the stock springs will sag. A good spring kit with a crossover to give you the true dual rate works wonders on the shocks. Too bad Polaris decided to stop making it for 2022.
Super Duper non Turbo S coming?

sand shark

Reaction
Super Duper non Turbo S coming?

The new R is there waiting to be unveiled is the rumor. Big n/a motor.

There is speculation a 72" wide XP Pro will be released.

Betting Odds in Vegas say the new Polaris will be released and in the publics hands before RG delivers the first Speed UTV to a customer. LOL!

Total Loss

Reaction
Betting Odds in Vegas say the new Polaris will be released and in the publics hands before RG delivers the first Speed UTV to a customer. LOL!
I don't doubt that will happen.
Pretty sure RG will have pre prod cars at the sand show though...he needs to keep interest....wish I could go...would probably make the drive but I have a vacation planned that week.

You know I'm a BIG NA guy...as in Not Applicable. Not out to one up everyone...but I do like different stuff.

sand shark

Reaction
I don't doubt that will happen.
Pretty sure RG will have pre prod cars at the sand show though...he needs to keep interest....wish I could go...would probably make the drive but I have a vacation planned that week.

You know I'm a BIG NA guy...as in Not Applicable. Not out to one up everyone...but I do like different stuff.

Sand show is going to be a zoo this year. Can't wait to see what is there. I have some stuff I would like to get for my new car.