2021 Baja 1000 Talk

wfritts911

RDC Crypto
Any of you experts have recommendations on where to spectate at? I've pit crewed for a TT team the past couple years but they aren't able to come race this year unfortunately so I'm on my own now. Never had to worry about where to spectate before. Going down with my dirt bike to ride and spectate with a few buddies. Would prefer something within a days ride of Ensenada since I think we will leave Ensenada on Wednesday morning and get somewhere Wednesday night so we can get up early to see the bikes on Thursday.

My buddies have of course said they would love to see some jumps. Would like to be somewhere a bit farther down than Ojos though. Something around RM150-250 maybe? Stay around San Quintin Wednesday/Thursday. Or maybe over by Valle T??? Not sure how the course is around either of those areas.

mxben

Solutions
RDC Crypto
Someone mentioned 650-700 is going to be a graveyard. My section is probably going to end between there. Can someone elaborate what the terrain is like. Is it silt of super nasty and technical hill climes?
They said that based off an older map. I don't think those miles follow the same track.

Bro_Gill

RDC Crypto
They said that based off an older map. I don't think those miles follow the same track.
Uh, it's west of the hiway, so it will be the same. Old OLD courses got on the hiway coming out of El Arco and raced the pavement to San Ignacio. These silt beds are kind of newish for mapping purposes.

SanoDano

RDC Crypto

Attachments

• Silt_VCP.jpg
    Silt_VCP.jpg
    480.6 KB · Views: 0

Baja Belk

RDC Crypto
Sucks for that other driver... wait...
Not it.

Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt.

Worst 80 miles in Baja of my life.

I think I was in 2nd gear for 4 hours.

3ft sharp silt whoops short-spaced, can't get on top of them.

Fog so thick water was sheeting off the windshield frame like a waterfall.

Couple short but steep hill climbs toward the end. Some stuck trucks. Got around them on 3rd try.

Visor open the whole time - fog and wet silt wrecked it, visor was useless. I was plucking small rocks out of my eyeball when I got out at La Purisima. Literally.

This sounds like a great section for @Zac Reish !! 😁

Zac Reish

RDC Crypto
Not it.

Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt.

Worst 80 miles in Baja of my life.

I think I was in 2nd gear for 4 hours.

3ft sharp silt whoops short-spaced, can't get on top of them.

Fog so thick water was sheeting off the windshield frame like a waterfall.

Couple short but steep hill climbs toward the end. Some stuck trucks. Got around them on 3rd try.

Visor open the whole time - fog and wet silt wrecked it, visor was useless. I was plucking small rocks out of my eyeball when I got out at La Purisima. Literally.

This sounds like a great section for @Zac Reish[/USER
[/QUOTE]
Oh man.
Ben: stfu Mike!