2021 Baja 1000 Talk

WALSHMOTORSPORTS

RDC Crypto
what if you only make it a mile??( ps, an epic peninsula run is just that, its more epic than the brinks truck going to drop off all your cash at your funeral, life is short, a chance to run a bk1 point 2 point is for a select few
Ive done 2 or 3 peninsula runs already. I want to do another one for sure. What if i make it a mile? You can ask everyone that signs up that question. Thats a gamble you take the minute you sign up. If i had all the cash your talking about I would have mailed in my entry already. Just a few obstacles this past year and the entry increase i have to weigh it out what’s best for me and my family first. Not quitting racing just bummed i have to pass on this one.

WALSHMOTORSPORTS

RDC Crypto
Sell a section for $2500?
Thats an option for sure but I do have an aircooled 12 car. You really need to know who your handing your Racecar off to. Ive had some incredible teammates over the years and then some that….well…..lets say they probably won’t get that call back. We’ve all encountered that guy that puts a helmet on and gets “Robby Gordon Syndrome“ lol.
Yeah its just a buggy but to me Its all i got. so putting off the 1000 and get a little more prepared as well as getting a quality team together starting in SanFelipe is probably best for my team.

WALSHMOTORSPORTS

RDC Crypto
You can usually get on a moto class team for around a $1000 plus your own chase and room and board.
Yeah im not in shape to to a moto. Did a 1000 on my XR650R already. I believe it was 2006? Your right though its not a bad way to go.

Attachments

• 98856FDB-8214-404A-90BD-BE06051DED0B.jpeg
    98856FDB-8214-404A-90BD-BE06051DED0B.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0

jon coleman

RDC Crypto
with That much cash, you dont send in the entry fee, the finance department directors secretary does👍time off is about the only remedie i have found to avoid racer burn out, i ve had plenty of time off myself

E.Hagle

RDC Crypto
Thats an option for sure but I do have an aircooled 12 car. You really need to know who your handing your Racecar off to. Ive had some incredible teammates over the years and then some that….well…..lets say they probably won’t get that call back. We’ve all encountered that guy that puts a helmet on and gets “Robby Gordon Syndrome“ lol.
Yeah its just a buggy but to me Its all i got. so putting off the 1000 and get a little more prepared as well as getting a quality team together starting in SanFelipe is probably best for my team.

I’m lucky sperm and the family business covers the cost of racing for us. I personally live in an RV on family property and work construction so I understand that $5k for an entry fee is crazy, I’d have a hard time coughing up the dough. I really can’t understand how many people participate in the dumpster fire that is known as off-road racing.

At the end of the day going fishing makes me happy momentarily, but my dad has been talking about Baja memories my entire life that come from the 1980s and you can’t put a price on that. If I had the ability to fund a UTV program, I would spend every dime and figure it out later.

Shoot for the moon brother. Ask for help and make it happen. Once you’re dead it’s not your problem anymore.

Jim Glickenhaus

RDC Crypto
I’m lucky sperm and the family business covers the cost of racing for us. I personally live in an RV on family property and work construction so I understand that $5k for an entry fee is crazy, I’d have a hard time coughing up the dough. I really can’t understand how many people participate in the dumpster fire that is known as off-road racing.

At the end of the day going fishing makes me happy momentarily, but my dad has been talking about Baja memories my entire life that come from the 1980s and you can’t put a price on that. If I had the ability to fund a UTV program, I would spend every dime and figure it out later.

Shoot for the moon brother. Ask for help and make it happen. Once you’re dead it’s not your problem anymore.
Great post. We're a small company that uses racing to sell our road cars., The Baja 1000 does and based on cost/number of road Boots we sell after racing there is a great return. 5K for what you get is worth it for us but I understand how that's a lot for many racers. I always keep in mind that money you die with is taxed at 50% and enjoying your life is priceless. Please say hello if you see us down there!

stevyboy

RDC Crypto
Website
www.methodracewheels.com
Just had a friend get turned around at the border over the weekend for towing a car into Mexico. Seemed like a weird deal and they weren't able to speak to anyone at the border that spoke English so they didn't really understand why they couldn't cross... Anyone else heard of something like this? See attached instagram post.

Attachments

• Radmigo.png
    Radmigo.png
    227.7 KB · Views: 0

mxben

Solutions
RDC Crypto
Just had a friend get turned around at the border over the weekend for towing a car into Mexico. Seemed like a weird deal and they weren't able to speak to anyone at the border that spoke English so they didn't really understand why they couldn't cross... Anyone else heard of something like this? See attached instagram post.

I wish SCORE would put a little more grease in the palms of the border officials because even with proper paperwork it seems to be a crapshoot on difficulty getting through. We've had some issues before that sounded a lot like this guys story. Despite SCORES paperwork stating clearly that registration / OR proof of ownership will be enough to get across it is always a problem. Specifically we had a problem with proof of ownership because we never made time to transfer the title in our name but on paper its supposed to work. They did not like it when I asked to pay a "fee" to get across, took my passport, threatened me with jail for attempting to bribe an officer - I think she wanted 500 not the 100. Offended her.

Either way it would be nice to not hold my breath every time I try to come into their country and spend a poop load of money and be a good steward of the sport. Just my .02

El Mamito USMC

RDC Crypto
Uh, it's west of the hiway, so it will be the same. Old OLD courses got on the hiway coming out of El Arco and raced the pavement to San Ignacio. These silt beds are kind of newish for mapping purposes.
i did those back in 2017 in a quad, you better pick some nice lines or silt will get you.
Hoping for very light VCP detail through there.
should be..