2021 Baja 1000 Talk

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Why isnt luke teaming with roeseller?
Maybe because Roeseller is in good position in points so he will want to have a truck with him as driver of record. I bet they want to race the Baja Beef Jerky TT at the B1K.

stephenrjking

RDC Crypto
Really interested in if is going to be P2P or loop. Hopefully they decide soon as it is the determining factor for us if we will race or not.

Anyone have a idea of which way they are leaning?

Mike
Is the question logistical (loops is easier to staff pits, etc) or experience (P2P is something you want to try)?

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
We already finished a loop B1K. but everyone says you have not finished a B1K until you have done the P2P. So we would be more likely to race a P2P.

Mike

E.Hagle

RDC Crypto
If it’s not going to La Paz I’m going to be really disappointed. Not a lot of opportunities to race that one in my lifetime. My pops has a peninsula win so my brother and I definitely need to match that or one up it.

IRONGOOK

RDC Crypto
We already finished a loop B1K. but everyone says you have not finished a B1K until you have done the P2P. So we would be more likely to race a P2P.

Mike
No loop for us. We want the point to point. Bucket list item. We planned on doing it last year. It would suck if the switch to a loop again this year.

JDDurfey

RDC Crypto
If it's a loop race, do loops races ever go as far south as BofLA?
The farthest south I have ever seen a loop race go is Chapala, maybe a little farther south along the Pacific side of the highway.

But if you want to stay at Bay of LA, it isn't that far away.

DRZ_Motorsports_119

RDC Crypto
The farthest south I have ever seen a loop race go is Chapala, maybe a little farther south along the Pacific side of the highway.

But if you want to stay at Bay of LA, it isn't that far away.
I will say loop race for this year's Baja 1000, there haven't been any Off-Road races in Baja Sur and C19-Delta isn't helping either for the P2P race. Has far the farthest south for a loop race was/maybe the 1981 Baja 1000.

Like I said SCORE should ditch the Baja 400 and make the Baja 1000 a P2P race every year, nothing beats the peninsula run.

Attachments

• 1981SCOREBaja1000Map.pdf
    980.2 KB · Views: 0

BuzzChaser

RDC Crypto
Doesn’t look good for a P2P

E.Hagle

RDC Crypto
The cold virus never stopped the race before. Stop playing into the game. People from score hop on here and this sort of talk influences their decision making. Point to point or they lose money. Stick with that attitude.