2021 Baja 1000 Talk

AZ7000'

RDC Crypto
Have trailer and car registration ready, be polite, lo siento a lot and I’ve never had an issue. We get our Ins through Baja bound, I’d bet they are up on the “new” trailer rules.

I distract them with asking where to get our fmm stamped, have that too. We usually cross tecate or calexico though.

Chris_Wilson

RDC Crypto
I have had them ask me to start the car on the trailer, seems there is a law against bringing in non-op vehicles.
I frequently cross with an empty trailer or a car on a trailer and never an issue as long as you have registration for both.
Within the last year I flat towed my Raptor behind my F350 over the border and no issue.
My dad flat towed his Jeep behind his F150 over the border last week, no issue.

jon coleman

RDC Crypto
going into the situations starts with Your mind set, seems the border crossing God's can pick up on these cosmic vibrations, its not good , bad , right or wrong, its BaJa

swiftracing5

RDC Crypto
9FBAE144-7799-4889-A063-AEAE8C7044B6.jpeg
how are you guys grounding your Stella evo power since there’s no “black” ground wire?

mrlentle

RDC keyboard warrior
RDC Crypto
View attachment 233512how are you guys grounding your Stella evo power since there’s no “black” ground wire?
Someone has been there already ;).Grey is your negative.

Jim Glickenhaus

RDC Crypto
Heading to Barstow for testing which as anyone who has read Fear and Loathing in Los Vegas by Hunter Thompson which was about The Mint 400 which Steve raced in his Boot knows is Hallowed ground. “We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold. I remember saying something like "I feel a bit lightheaded; maybe you should drive...." And suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us and the sky was full of what looked like huge bats, all swooping and screeching and diving around the car, which was going about a hundred miles an hour with the top down to Las Vegas.”

Attachments

• B29C213F-C0FB-43AA-B270-F7F0F078A7B0.jpeg
    B29C213F-C0FB-43AA-B270-F7F0F078A7B0.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0

Chris_Wilson

RDC Crypto
I drove the cross over road from San Vicente to Valle T the Sunday after Norra and there were new SCORE course markings up, looked like they went up that morning.
It was interesting to see they have a different route over the mountains and only use part of that graded road now.

Baja_Seve

RDC Crypto
I drove the cross over road from San Vicente to Valle T the Sunday after Norra and there were new SCORE course markings up, looked like they went up that morning.
It was interesting to see they have a different route over the mountains and only use part of that graded road now.
It's a new route off Calentura road that Score first used at the Baja 400 in Sept. It's fun.

I'm also hearing that the course will take a hard left off Hwy 1 below Catavina and descend down Turquesa Grade, aka Fred's Tractor Trail. Bitchin rocky, steep and winding trail down to desert, with even more rocks in sand wash to Hwy 5 north of Coco's. Never been used before in Score racing. I'm hoping they use the old road and try and avoid Hwy 5 pavement.

mxben

Solutions
RDC Crypto
It's a new route off Calentura road that Score first used at the Baja 400 in Sept. It's fun.

I'm also hearing that the course will take a hard left off Hwy 1 below Catavina and descend down Turquesa Grade, aka Fred's Tractor Trail. Bitchin rocky, steep and winding trail down to desert, with even more rocks in sand wash to Hwy 5 north of Coco's. Never been used before in Score racing. I'm hoping they use the old road and try and avoid Hwy 5 pavement.

I'm so wet

mxben

Solutions
RDC Crypto

I don't believe you about freds TRAIL. That looks narrow as F.

Chris_Wilson

RDC Crypto
I wonder if they ran a tractor down it? I had heard it was a hard core moto trail and would take a KOH grade rig to go up it. Narrow, off camber, did not sound like wide rigs would fit.
Of course even a lowly Class 11 can go DOWN anything!