2021 Baja 1000 Talk

RYAN COHEE

RDC Crypto
Showboating as prerunning. Good for sport or not??
Great for the sport as the people of Baja love it. I remember going through that area at 2 am with the loud pedal down. Locals coming out in their pajamas loving that we were
screaming through town. We were 6 hours behind the class one pack but it was great to see the locals support lol.

punchdrunk monkey

RDC Crypto
I tried to breeze through the 31 pages here but.......does anyone know if contingency is open to the public this year?

edit:I looked on the score site and it looks like it is closed to the public

joshmx88

RDC Crypto
Does someone have a link for the visa you are supposed to have for traveling to baja sur?

colepatton

RDC Crypto
Does anyone know of a good spot to watch the race towards the beginning, will be staying in Ensenada and my buddies don't want to go too far out. Any recommendations or ideas are appreciated!

JDDurfey

RDC Crypto
The eclipse will be when the bikes start on the morning of the 19th. It starts late on the 18th and is only a partial eclipse.

Baja is DARK when there is no moon! I crashed one time and had to feel around for my bike while my eyes got adjusted to the pitch black.

y2kbaja

RDC Crypto
Doesn't the race start on Thursday the 18th? If not my plans are all screwed up. Eclipse starts 11/18@11:18pm with full on 11/19@1:02am.

Porboy

RDC Crypto
Anyone know which border crossing to select on the Visa application site for TJ? I don't see Tijuana or San Ysidro.

Zac Reish

RDC Crypto
Wondering what others think.

I’m driving from 350-700.

Pre ran from 350- 500. To me It’s rough. Not sure how Fred’s tractor trail is not going to be a bottle neck. I know of couple pre runners in trucks who have broken or been stuck on the trail this week.

After bay of La you get a big break till 610-620 it gets a tad rough then from 620-660 is a blast if you’re in a truck or have the stones to commit over those big Sand whoops. I believe the silt will start at 660-680. I’m not feeling like it’s horrible but it could be horrible race day. I’m not sure.

What do others think/experience.