2021 Baja 1000 Talk

One-Eyed Peter

Reaction
The full pull to La Paz is looking good again. Prior to last week I would have said about a 10% chance the La Paz run happens. I now give it a 80% chance it goes to La Paz. Of course anything is possible to change but I believe a full pull run will be confirmed within a few weeks (new Baja government incoming)
Any daily updates on the full monty run to La Paz? This suspense is killing me!🤔

Tom_Willis

Reaction
The "Rally Truck" thing? I never heard what made that different from a standard Geiser unless it was built for Dakar?

43mod

Reaction
“Jax’s old Geiser “ . Wish i could say that at 55 😊 . Dont know him at all . I hope he is a great guy . Pretty neat opportunity for him .

Jammminjay

Reaction
Hi
We'll be there lighter, more Hp and longer wheelbase.
Our 2022 plans to run a zero emission Baja 1000 in our Glickenhaus Hydrogen fuel cell Boot Pick up truck remain on track. If you see us please say hello.
Best
Jim
Hey Jim,

When can we finally do a feature on the Boot like it deserves, the scheduling never worked out. Is it coming back to Armada soon?

Crusty Shellback

Reaction
Luke and Rob Mac teamed up together, might be one of the most solid teams since the Mac/Voss/Andy combo
Yes siree.
And they are driving Andy's 4WD truck.
So 1 and 2 from last years 1000 will be a team this year. Hmm.
So who's your pick for 2nd and 3rd on the podium? ;)

Old Truck Guy

Reaction
HernquistX2, Ellison, Johnston. Finger's crossed it's a p2p
I remember watching Hernquist battling the Klawitters and Minga 40 years ago or so. It's awesome to see he is still competing, and in the same class. BH is my class 5 hero. Go get'em Bill!

Zac Reish

Reaction
It is pretty cool to be racing a team with such history in the class. I remember 25 years ago reading Hot VW's in science class and following the score 5 unlimited articles having Bill H, Klawitter, grabowski's, James Gang, and others. This will be an epic class 5 unlimited race in baja.
Travis Chase and Chris Schweers are teaming up. Jakes fabworks car
Hernquist, Johnston, and Ellison. Curry Built 5 car
Greg Sullivan, Steve Tyo, and Daron Rarden. Penhall
Ben/Pete Swift, Erik Irvine, and myself. Jakes fabworks car.

I wish the Mcneils, Grabowskis, and Belks would put an effort together for the most highly contested 5 car race in baja in 30 years.

CHASETHISTOO

Reaction
It is pretty cool to be racing a team with such history in the class. I remember 25 years ago reading Hot VW's in science class and following the score 5 unlimited articles having Bill H, Klawitter, grabowski's, James Gang, and others. This will be an epic class 5 unlimited race in baja.
Travis Chase and Chris Schweers are teaming up. Jakes fabworks car
Hernquist, Johnston, and Ellison. Curry Built 5 car
Greg Sullivan, Steve Tyo, and Daron Rarden. Penhall
Ben/Pete Swift, Erik Irvine, and myself. Jakes fabworks car.

I wish the Mcneils, Grabowskis, and Belks would put an effort together for the most highly contested 5 car race in baja in 30 years.
I think I read somewhere the Belks were going to try and make it if its a point to point.