2021 Baja 1000 Talk

swiftracing5

Reaction
I think I read somewhere the Belks were going to try and make it if its a point to point.
Mike was asking me for confidential logistics Intel, so I think I agree with you...

mxben

Solutions
Reaction
Two months away and any update on this storm that went through on damage to a potential course going down the peninsula?

Is it still up in the air about being a point to point ??

I know a lot of people had said its a sure thing but I'd like to hear it from SCORE before we assemble a small army.

Chainguide

Reaction
Is it still up in the air about being a point to point ??

I know a lot of people had said its a sure thing but I'd like to hear it from SCORE before we assemble a small army.
99% sure thing. The Government of Baja Sur announced/confirmed it a couple of weeks ago. But it is still Mexico...

Bricoop

Reaction
You must be 16 and have a valid drivers license to be a DOR or Co-driver, Max can be a navigator
Did that change?
Jax raced the 1000 last year at 15.
Max ran the end of the 1000 at 9 (in a utv)
1631688960247.png

DG_BTI

Reaction
I believe they go by age of the current calendar year? So Jax may had been 15 at the time but turning 16 that same year. My guess anyway.

MTPyle

Reaction
Score can and will make special exceptions for age depending on the circumstances.

Pretty sure if Robby wanted Max to drive a TT they would let him.

Mike

Chris_Wilson

Reaction
I've been told that if a state is Yellow they can hold a race with some Covid precautions but if it's Orange then no race.
Both Baja and Baja Sur are Yellow and have been for a couple weeks now. Prior to that Baja Sur was Orange which led some of us to question if there would be a peninsula run.
Looks good at this point. Here is a link to the Mexican status of each state: COVID-19 Tablero México

notime

NTR Films media guy
Reaction
Website
www.codeoffroad.com.mx
Health warning colors are just for entertaining, I can go purple on the topics instead let’s hope for a peninsula run