2021 Baja Nevada

JerryB

Reaction
Legacy racing Baja Nevada just around the corner. Approximately 620 miles over 2 days, should be a blast. Some really cool areas to race through. Entry list looking pretty good, especially in 6100...21 trucks pre-entered.

MTPyle

Reaction
I think we are going to race this race. Sounds like a fun and unique race. Can’t wait.

logistics look complicated but we will figure it out.

Just need to find a new Co dog. That’s been a hard seat to fill.

Mike

CHASETHISTOO

Reaction
Getting Pretty excited. Been a long gap between races and I'm itching to get back in the dirt. Drew 6th out of 23 pre-entered 6100's.

Attachments

• BBaja Nevada.pdf
    55.6 KB · Views: 202

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
Reaction
I think we are going to race this race. Sounds like a fun and unique race. Can’t wait.

logistics look complicated but we will figure it out.

Just need to find a new Co dog. That’s been a hard seat to fill.

Mike
What are you guys doing to your poor codrivers? haha

I'm excited to do this race after SS300. The preview pictures Donald posted looked like we're going through some neat areas.

michael.gonzalez

Reaction
I can co-drive/navigate (at least I like to think I can, lol). It's always good to see how other teams are doing it.

JerryB

Reaction
We're starting 8th out of 13 in pro turbo, I mean the premier class 🤣.

Wow good numbers from the trophy light group! Glad to see that after all the negative about the class over the past year. Gonna be a great race!

MTPyle

Reaction
What are you guys doing to your poor codrivers? haha

I'm excited to do this race after SS300. The preview pictures Donald posted looked like we're going through some neat areas.

We have had 3 Co drivers. All which have had 8 min plus tire changes. Would like to find someone that can change a tire in less than 4min with the drivers help. Not asking for much. Haha

last guy “was” fast but we found out he has not been to the gym since pre Covid. Hard to find experienced co drivers in good shape from Utah.

I do have high expectations and have lowered them tremendously. We can’t find a guy that will even study the course before race week. I would be OK with long tire changes if they were amazing navigators. But you can’t be weak at both.

Mike

Total Loss

Reaction
We're starting 8th out of 13 in pro turbo, I mean the premier class 🤣.

Wow good numbers from the trophy light group! Glad to see that after all the negative about the class over the past year. Gonna be a great race!
Chasin for Freddie starting right in front of you...

Tube ride

Reaction
DFCD0B5E-3B1B-49C0-8F8F-F67E10501BC2.jpegSame weekend as the Nevada open road challenge , based out of Ely. The race course is the highway from Lund to Hiko

One-Eyed Peter

Reaction
We are super-pumped for this race! Currently trying to fix motor problems, so we haven't registered quite yet. We did reserve our hotels though. Here's the only one we found available in Tonopah. We reserved the "Friday the 13th Suite" and the "Stephen King It Room." Should be interesting.:eek:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 10.18.35 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 10.18.35 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 61
  • 1a790a49-ca00-4dd3-9afb-163a47d77d19.jpg
    1a790a49-ca00-4dd3-9afb-163a47d77d19.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 59
  • 468a65a9-3cd1-439c-be95-4fd31355dea9.jpg
    468a65a9-3cd1-439c-be95-4fd31355dea9.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 65

J Prich

Reaction
The noise regarding the BITD/Legacy split has pretty much disappeared but it's interesting to see how it's playing out. There is no talk on RDC about Silver State at all. Looking at the entry lists by class, you can also make some inferences about who is picking where. For example, TL going to Legacy for this race versus Silver State, Jeepspeed sticking with BITD.

Could be a lot of other factors involved but looks like a fair amount of classes have diluted car counts as not a lot of folks are able to do both. TT's, 1's, 10s...and others all seem to be split between the two races. Maybe it's because there are more UTVs out there or maybe it's because UTV's can turn prep around faster but the UTV classes seem to be the only classes that still have solid car counts in both series.

class5cole

Reaction
We are super-pumped for this race! Currently trying to fix motor problems, so we haven't registered quite yet. We did reserve our hotels though. Here's the only one we found available in Tonopah. We reserved the "Friday the 13th Suite" and the "Stephen King It Room." Should be interesting.:eek:
Make sure to roll the race vehicle onto the graves across the parking lot. Should get some good photos with no consequences

CHASETHISTOO

Reaction
Where is qualifying? Where is the starting line ? Is there a race course map ? Is there any spectating ?
There is qualifying but they don't release location until the day of. Start line is North of Alamo (I would assume similar to SS300 start area). No map out yet that i know of. I'm not sure if spectating is allowed but every year there are several people up along the race course in that area with their coolers cheering us on.

SMS81

Reaction
The noise regarding the BITD/Legacy split has pretty much disappeared but it's interesting to see how it's playing out. There is no talk on RDC about Silver State at all. Looking at the entry lists by class, you can also make some inferences about who is picking where. For example, TL going to Legacy for this race versus Silver State, Jeepspeed sticking with BITD.

Could be a lot of other factors involved but looks like a fair amount of classes have diluted car counts as not a lot of folks are able to do both. TT's, 1's, 10s...and others all seem to be split between the two races. Maybe it's because there are more UTVs out there or maybe it's because UTV's can turn prep around faster but the UTV classes seem to be the only classes that still have solid car counts in both series.
TL has both legacy and BITD races on their schedule, so I do not believe it has anything to do with the split, just the next race. Great to see a good turn out on the entry list, hope they all show. Looks like a great format, should be a great event, wish I could make it!

J Prich

Reaction
TL has both legacy and BITD races on their schedule, so I do not believe it has anything to do with the split, just the next race. Great to see a good turn out on the entry list, hope they all show. Looks like a great format, should be a great event, wish I could make it!
Yeah got it. I wasn't referencing TL in regards to a conflict of loyalty. Pretty sure they actually have more BITD events on the schedule than Legacy. But the point was if there was no split, they would ALL be racing Silver State. But now with two events in similar areas within a few weeks of each other, a lot of teams are having to pick and choose which event they would be at. Not picking a side or stirring the pot, just pointing out the obvious implications of one series becoming two.