2021 Baja Nevada

FourLow

Reaction
I'm going to head down and spectate Friday đź‘Ť

Bro_Gill

Reaction
I love how they claim 'Baja' in the title. There is only 1 Baja, and it sure as hell is NOT anywhere in a state called Nevada.

bajadreamer

Reaction
We have had 3 Co drivers. All which have had 8 min plus tire changes. Would like to find someone that can change a tire in less than 4min with the drivers help. Not asking for much. Haha

last guy “was” fast but we found out he has not been to the gym since pre Covid. Hard to find experienced co drivers in good shape from Utah.

I do have high expectations and have lowered them tremendously. We can’t find a guy that will even study the course before race week. I would be OK with long tire changes if they were amazing navigators. But you can’t be weak at both.

Mike

bajadreamer

Reaction
We have had 3 Co drivers. All which have had 8 min plus tire changes. Would like to find someone that can change a tire in less than 4min with the drivers help. Not asking for much. Haha

last guy “was” fast but we found out he has not been to the gym since pre Covid. Hard to find experienced co drivers in good shape from Utah.

I do have high expectations and have lowered them tremendously. We can’t find a guy that will even study the course before race week. I would be OK with long tire changes if they were amazing navigators. But you can’t be weak at both.

Mike

I’ve let a few friends of mine about you guys needing a codog, these guys are some of the best in the business, we’ll see if they have time:)

michael.gonzalez

Reaction
I love how they claim 'Baja' in the title. There is only 1 Baja, and it sure as hell is NOT anywhere in a state called Nevada.
Agreed. Alta California would be more accurate (in contrast with Baja California).

The Spanish split their land in 1804. (The United States did not have a west coast at this time.)

BajaboundMoto

Reaction

I do have high expectations and have lowered them tremendously. We can’t find a guy that will even study the course before race week. I would be OK with long tire changes if they were amazing navigators.
Erica Sacks
She didn't right seat a TTS SCORE Championship being weak and she's a Lowrance pro.

mxben

Reaction
""Efforts to Secure Dust Permit from Clark County Dept.Of Air Quality Unsuccessful""

""Best In The Desert regrets to inform everyone that Time Trials for the upcoming Jimco Racing Silver State 300 have been canceled. The reason is a last-minute requirement by Clark County Dept. of Air Quality (DAQ) that BITD secure a never before required “Dust Permit”. ""

mxben

Reaction
Similar to the Dust Permit's that construction companies deal with?

Dust abatement plans, watering plans, etc.

Not sure. But I've been to some of those places, not necessarily the qualifying spot other than APEX, and theres not much to affect with the dust.

Vegas to Reno in 2020 was the biggest dust storm I have ever experienced, natural or unnatural. Entire valleys consumed with silt dust. Not sure its something that can be mitigated. Maybe a better time of year for those races would be the best attempt.

J Prich

Reaction
A little bit of apples to oranges here. The dust abatement BITD is talking about doesn't impact the race (or V2R) because this is a county specific permit. I assume the qualifying location was going to be the dirt parking lot next to Terrible's in Jean, hence Clark County. Being literally right off the 15, dust is a potential issue and from the press release it implies that the county is tightening those restrictions even further.

Tube ride

Reaction
""Efforts to Secure Dust Permit from Clark County Dept.Of Air Quality Unsuccessful""

""Best In The Desert regrets to inform everyone that Time Trials for the upcoming Jimco Racing Silver State 300 have been canceled. The reason is a last-minute requirement by Clark County Dept. of Air Quality (DAQ) that BITD secure a never before required “Dust Permit”. ""
Why no thread on the SS 300 ? BITD needs to up their SM game , or they are over RDC.....

A Vance

Reaction
Why no thread on the SS 300 ? BITD needs to up their SM game , or they are over RDC.....
Not sure about the new crew running BITD. They have made some odd decisions in my book. Has been where we have raced for a long time but havent this year. V2R would have been fun backwards to make my drive home after so much easier than from reno lol. Its always a race that is on the options list every year.

J Prich

Reaction
In fairness this thread wasn’t started by Legacy staff either. Bitter sweet for all them probably. The more they get on social media the more they get knit picked and blasted so it’s probably diminishing returns in their eyes.

Tube ride

Reaction
Legacy qualifying outside of Clark county maybe ? Should be a fun course , I have no idea but between Alamo and tonopah must be high speed straightaways !!!