2021 Baja Nevada

Tube ride

Reaction
I just drove the 375 extraterrestrial highway a couple weeks ago. There are tons of cattle along that drive and no cattle fencing along the highway. I must of seen 4 or 5 cows that had been hit by cars . Keep your eyes peeled for cows up there.

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
Reaction
After checking out the pit book, this is going to be pretty fun, bummer about finishing in Bonnie Claire. I am really looking forward to this one. Silverstate and this back to back is not wonderful for my real job productivity.

mike_osborn

Reaction
Most everything (but the course map and GPS) loaded to their website. Based on the pit locations one could make a pretty good guess as to the course layout. Does have a long speed control zone (37 miles) on day 1 which will be monitored for speed and timed so you can't come out early.
Jesus...37 miles? That will feel like an eternity.

EMS702

Rescue 1
Reaction
Jesus...37 miles? That will feel like an eternity.
I am guessing its in the Monument area. "V2R the long way" had that area, but was cut out due to an aircraft accident. Its a really nice area. Get a chance to see some sights and wildlife while racing.

51rcr

Reaction
Here’s an update on my RacingTraX RS1 Ironman challenge. I’m hoping to get the car done in time to run Baja Nevada. It’ll be a great learning experience as well as an opportunity to personally see how our RacingTraX units do in actual race settings.

your clutch intake and engine intake may get more dirt then if they were facing the other direction. Dirt tends to hang and swirl around in the negative pressure (i think thats the proper description). Thats right where the dust comes off the wheels also. forward and higher would still be better i think for the air resistance you give up. mount a go pro and have someone video to see.

RacingTraX

Reaction
Website
racingtrax.com
your clutch intake and engine intake may get more dirt then if they were facing the other direction. Dirt tends to hang and swirl around in the negative pressure (i think thats the proper description). Thats right where the dust comes off the wheels also. forward and higher would still be better i think for the air resistance you give up. mount a go pro and have someone video to see.
The video idea is a great idea to see what actually happens back there... if I don’t have to change it I really don’t want to but if the footage shows it won’t work then I’ll make those adjustments.

JerryB

Reaction
Highly advise against your air filter/clutch intake points (as 51cr mentioned above). You have all that open space around the back of the cab, unlike mine which is filled with radiator and intercooler, move your intakes up there into some fresh(er) air. My air filter housing picks up from the rear of the car and it fills with silt and gravel by the end of the day. I am working on a solution to move it forward somehow, just trying to find the room, which I don't have much of. The course will have a ton of silt, guaranteed your frog skin for the clutch intake will be packed with silt as will the air filter. All that silt just circulates around the back of the car and will get sucked in.

RacingTraX

Reaction
Website
racingtrax.com
Highly advise against your air filter/clutch intake points (as 51cr mentioned above). You have all that open space around the back of the cab, unlike mine which is filled with radiator and intercooler, move your intakes up there into some fresh(er) air. My air filter housing picks up from the rear of the car and it fills with silt and gravel by the end of the day. I am working on a solution to move it forward somehow, just trying to find the room, which I don't have much of. The course will have a ton of silt, guaranteed your frog skin for the clutch intake will be packed with silt as will the air filter. All that silt just circulates around the back of the car and will get sucked in.
Great input... thank you!

critter81

Reaction
If you look at the bikes built for Dakar all the air filters are up near the steering head bearings. That's because when you run the air filter in the traditional location just above the swing arm pivot in front of the rear wheel they get destroyed but the dust.... So those guys are 110% right get that stuff routed up high somewhere and facing front.... then if you can plump in a S&B filter system they work great... You might need to do the plumbing yourself but it will be worth it https://www.sbfilters.com/particle-separator/utv

Tube ride

Reaction
Only 9 unlimited trucks signed up so far .... lots of TT specs and rumor has it Hudson hall is in one of them 👍🏻

MTPyle

Reaction
Who is Hudson Hall?

I thought there would be more TT but I bet many of them are racing B500.

Mike

Tube ride

Reaction
Who is Hudson Hall?

Mike
Lol he is a dude from Texas , about ten years ago he was introduced to us here as the new latest greatest kid who was going to take the off-road world by storm ! It’s a long running inside Joke , but it’s great to see Hudson racing and wish them all the best!

Rcamp99

Reaction
Only 9 unlimited trucks signed up so far .... lots of TT specs and rumor has it Hudson hall is in one of them 👍🏻
I know Of Atleast 2 more TT not signed up yet. Staying under the radar until the last minute. Going to be a good race 😍

Tube ride

Reaction
Looking forward to qualifying live stream it says it will be streamed in Facebook and YouTube....does Legacy racing have a YouTube channel?

Rcamp99

Reaction
Looking forward to qualifying live stream it says it will be streamed in Facebook and YouTube....does Legacy racing have a YouTube channel?
Not that I remember. They use Turn 2 Tv and it was on Facebook in Pahrump if I remember correctly. I will try to go live on fishgistics if I have good enough service and a cool spot and @fishd00d lets me on 🤣. Of course I drop off live if I have work to get done or get a call for retrieval/ assistance.

where I THINK qualifying is at someone could live stream from inside their vehicle without service issues also.

EMS702

Rescue 1
Reaction
Not that I remember. They use Turn 2 Tv and it was on Facebook in Pahrump if I remember correctly. I will try to go live on fishgistics if I have good enough service and a cool spot and @fishd00d lets me on 🤣. Of course I drop off live if I have work to get done or get a call for retrieval/ assistance.

where I THINK qualifying is at someone could live stream from inside their vehicle without service issues also.
Bummed I am not going to qualifying. Cell service should be decent there. I did a drive by and I am stoked to see qualifying. If this is Legacy Racing's go to qualifying course till its repurposed by the owners then I am even more excited.

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
Who is Hudson Hall?

Mike
Guys. You must be unaware of this but we only post the great one's name in ALL CAPS.

HUDSON HALL

To do otherwise is hugely disrespectful and brings shame on all of us.

Mike come see me at tech on Thursday and I'll get your fire pit back to ya and if you have time I'll bring ya up to speed on the "The Legend of HUDSON HALL".

He's a good dude and has become pretty accomplished in this sport.