2021 BITD Parker BWDC / now named: Cal City Desert Challenge Brought to You by Fox

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Many of you may have seen the proposed schedule for the upcoming BWDC.

The schedule was only one day of racing on Sunday for Cars and Trucks, with qualifying Thursday. So that would make teams like ours have to come Wednesday night and wait until Sunday to race half a race. Obviously not going to happen for a lot of teams.

There was push back on IG and FB about the schedule and BITD said hold on they will reconsider. They are meeting with the Tribe to try and fix the schedule and make it a true Desert Challenge. So its not always as simple as it seems. I was not aware the schedule was driven by the Tribe.

Hopefully the BITD team can pull off the change to make it work for us Cars and Trucks.

Mike

T.martin

RDC Crypto
That was a week ago. I was hoping for some resolution by now. There is a pre-entry list for MC/Quad/UTV and a youth list, but not car/truck list yet. Guess the car and truck group in playing the wait and see game.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Here is what they posted.

Tentative 2021 Bluewater Desert Challenge presented by FOX] Time Trials – Trick Trucks, 1500, 6100, 6200, 1000 Thursday, Nov 4th
Registration – Friday, Nov 5th
Youth UTV – Friday, Nov 5th
Short Course UTV – TBD
MC, Quad & UTV – Saturday, Nov 6th
Car / Truck- Sunday, Nov 7th

GageFamilyRacing

RDC Crypto
I heard they are going back to 2 days of racing. Not sure how they are scheduling all of that into one weekend or if the tribe is going to let them have a second weekend. With how everything has been going this year probably move one of the races to December 2-4 lol

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
What I do not understand is they have ran this race before with a 2 race day format. It is a "Desert Challenge" race which is always two days. The last BWDC was raced during Covid. Not sure what would have changed. I am sure the course is the same as last BWDC which is pretty short. How can they race trucks on that short course in one day and get any miles? it would be like racing Laughlin for one day.

Mike

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
LOL Come on man. Do you have any idea how bummed I am that we can not race the 1000 this year? We had to commit by now to pull it off and with the DNF at Laughlin it would be pretty stupid to commit to B1K. I cant stand seeing all the post about B1K and everyone posting the map.

Mike

E.Hagle

RDC Crypto
LOL Come on man. Do you have any idea how bummed I am that we can not race the 1000 this year? We had to commit by now to pull it off and with the DNF at Laughlin it would be pretty stupid to commit to B1K. I cant stand seeing all the post about B1K and everyone posting the map.

Mike
BETTER TO DIE TRYING THAN TO NEVER TRY AT ALL.

ITS THE RACE EVERYONE HOPES TO WIN OR AT LEAST FINISH

blackshirt_demon

RDC Crypto
I doubt the tribes will let this happen. The local high school football team has to play all their games on the road because the football field is on tribal land, which by the way is the #1 team in the state. So I do not see them allowing anything to happen on tribal land at this time. Hopefully, BITD can figure out something to bring the format of a 2-day desert challenge back and not run like they plan.

cynicwanderer

RDC Crypto
Here is what they posted.

Tentative 2021 Bluewater Desert Challenge presented by FOX] Time Trials – Trick Trucks, 1500, 6100, 6200, 1000 Thursday, Nov 4th
Registration – Friday, Nov 5th
Youth UTV – Friday, Nov 5th
Short Course UTV – TBD
MC, Quad & UTV – Saturday, Nov 6th
Car / Truck- Sunday, Nov 7th
where did they post this ? I cannot see it on their website under the Race Info tab.

1634062988864.png

Last edited: