2021 BITD Parker BWDC / now named: Cal City Desert Challenge Brought to You by Fox

kyle_pc_75

RDC Crypto
Would be super cool to see racers/teams offer up some folks to help run a course first thing the next morning before pulling out of town, to clean up.
That's what happens at BOR races, no joke. It's rare to have to clean anything up by Sunday morning. Lots of the racers have their kids go out in the SXS's and clean up while the parents drink beer and celebrate in the pits after the race. There are no points or penalties associated with doing it or not doing it. I realize that may not translate well to the big leagues, but I have to toot our horn when I can!

J Prich

RDC Crypto
That's what happens at BOR races, no joke. It's rare to have to clean anything up by Sunday morning. Lots of the racers have their kids go out in the SXS's and clean up while the parents drink beer and celebrate in the pits after the race. There are no points or penalties associated with doing it or not doing it. I realize that may not translate well to the big leagues, but I have to toot our horn when I can!
I think that's awesome. I know people are busy and lots of people are trying to get on the road home after races but for "big" races it would be rad to socialize what you guys do and get people in to the idea of spending a little time the morning after to help with clean up. It's really hard to ask volunteers who have already been out there for several days in some cases to ALSO help clean up the course after the race. Would be cool to have a handful or dozen of folks that could spread out and just hit 5-10 mile chunks of race course and call it good.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
It’s easy for the BOR races. Most Utah racers have 12 kids each. LOL

I will for sure try and schedule more time to help after the race.

Mike

TJERGENSEN

RDC Crypto
I would do it . But always thought the course was closed afterwards. That has been the feeling we would get from the Blm.

calstyl2

RDC Crypto
Locals were picking Cal City course clean as soon as the sun went down, some great course workers found stuff stashed and got it back to the owners before they could come get it, The mint seems to have lots of yard sale items all over.

J Prich

RDC Crypto
I would do it . But always thought the course was closed afterwards. That has been the feeling we would get from the Blm.
Yeah I would think the ideal would be to have some coordinated effort. Probably not great to have a bunch of random people running around on the race course the following morning but if the org coordinated the effort beforehand it would be easy to assign everyone a few races miles and then have them meet back up to consolidate whatever was found.

JDDurfey

RDC Crypto
I would imagine for the V2R a few teams might be willing to split up the course the following day and run it back toward Vegas picking up trash since so many teams go back to Vegas.

10 shot

RDC Crypto
Parker gets picked clean like a chicken bone the morning after the race believe me all the sxs are on a hunt before the sun comes up. I've seen it and had to retrieve my light bar that broke off and was hanging one year. we stashed it in the bushes so it did not get taken. We went out early and there were 50 sxs grabbing anything they could find! Pretty funny what ppl will do to get a chunk of fiberglass and some fire extinguishers. Lol

Tustana Racing

RDC Crypto
Sry just got this! It’s not bad heard something about a guy that kept trying to cross the course saying he lived in the desert but I think it was a good race overall!! I have tons of videos of the jump at mile 3-5 if anyone wants them I’ll send it just give me the car number!! Was out there both days can’t wait until the new 5u car is done and my buddies 2000 truck to have his new motor finished!! That race definitely put the bug in me!!
Any shots of the Jeepspeed guys? Yellow Cherokee #1706? thanks

Total Loss

RDC Crypto
Don’t know if someone mentioned this but,..
Teams have been stashing parts, tires and other items in the desert for years. To some a $1000 wheel tire combo is nothing. I think these rules were made to help stop this and clean up the desert. I remember at the last SCORE primm 300, we found 6 new tires and wheels stashed at the rock garden on our sweep. Under bushes, under plywood, carpet etc, and that was just the rock garden! I always assumed teams would be back and pick them up after the race. FYI, it was very obvious to figure out who were the offenders!!
Used to find them I Baja at times also...prerunning...would have grabbed them but pretty hard carrying a 40 on the bike...