2021 BITD Parker BWDC / now named: Cal City Desert Challenge Brought to You by Fox

sand shark

RDC Crypto
They say it’s a 30 mile course. That’s pretty good.

I will stay positive about it and expect it to be a good event. Wasn’t much they could do. Glad they came up with something.

Glad we have RV’s as there are not many hotels out there. Hopefully they have enough room to camp.

Mike

Camping room will not be an issue. There is plenty of it across the road from where the ranch is located and the surrounding area. Peralta held a UTV race series called PURE out there. Had friends that raced in it a few times.

10 shot

RDC Crypto
I raced a small course like that years ago in cedar city utah. It got so dusty and the silt came up so bad they stopped it in 3 laps and the place was destroyed. Closed it to desert racing since then.

sand shark

RDC Crypto
I raced a small course like that years ago in cedar city utah. It got so dusty and the silt came up so bad they stopped it in 3 laps and the place was destroyed. Closed it to desert racing since then.
The 80 acres is for camping. the 30 miles is all over many square miles.

Miles and miles of trails in every direction from the ranch.

JerryB

RDC Crypto
Times are-a-changing, I am worried about the state of desert racing in the next few years. Seems private lands will start to be the norm for events in the near future? Which means smaller and smaller courses, might as well build a short course car and go race glen helen. :mad:

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
The part that should be pissing us all off is that we need to beg the Native Americans to use their land because our own government won’t let us use our own land.

Gov (us) owns all the desert and we have to go to a reservation or private land? Total bull poop.

And if we do get to use our own land we have to pay huge for in. Basically we have to bribe them to give us what is ours.

Mike

JerryB

RDC Crypto
The part that should be pissing us all off is that we need to beg the Native Americans to use their land because our own government won’t let us use our own land.

Gov (us) owns all the desert and we have to go to a reservation or private land? Total bull poop.

And if we do get to use our own land we have to pay huge for in. Basically we have to bribe them to give us what is ours.

Mike
Careful, you're leaning into purple territory here. But yes 100% agreed

calstyl2

RDC Crypto
The relationship with the tribe has been on the rocks with a oil slick spreading for a while, to blame BITD shows lack of understanding of what it take to make a event happen. Race, dont race, but dont blame the staff for taking a risk to get the last race in the series out. But understand that racing in Parker isnt gonna be back to normal for a long while

McCredie A

RDC Crypto
I think the CRIT shut down some boating events this summer as well due to COVID. Hard to blame BITD for the whole scenario.