2021 BITD Parker BWDC / now named: Cal City Desert Challenge Brought to You by Fox

10 shot

RDC Crypto
Glad they figured out everything for the 425 from last year. To me parker is our last true desert race we have. It has a little of everything. The mint was a great race but that land is about to expire and the ppl running that race are not exactly trustworthy. I also do not miss the python either.

stephenrjking

RDC Crypto
Do I recall correctly that the tribal leadership was irritated that the 425 ran after they shut off their land? A friend I have that lives in New Mexico says that the tribal leadership where he lives is very COVID cautious. Since it’s their land, it’s an issue people have to live with.

The late change is obviously an issue for some. Kind of troubling to see BITD flounder here. But it’s also a tough time, still, and hopefully the schedule gets its feet set again soon.

AZracefan

RDC Crypto
Garbage . Hope they never go back to Bluewater . Pull a permit for Havasu in the future .
From my understanding, Parker falls under the Havasu district with BLM and there is a certain amount alotted for the year, however the BWDC does not require a BLM permit, only an agreement with CRIT. Theres been "rumors " of a BITD race in Havasu for years

10 shot

RDC Crypto
Our town is built for racing events. Everything is close and the open desert is on all 4 sides. Problem is laying new tracks on BLM land is almost impossible. The utv race is within the ohv area but too small for a full desert race. I guess it could be like a Laughlin style event but without BLM land it would be short extremely rough. Looks like the new race in cal city might be something good! May have to race in snowboarding gear but might be a good course.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Oh look at that Keith is finally being positive. LOL

I knew you had it in you.

I am excited for the race in a new area. Takes the home court advantage away from many.

And 180 miles of racing is good. 3 30 mile laps per day should be a good sprint but enough time to chase people down.

Mike

E.Hagle

RDC Crypto
Looking forward to the GPS file coming out so we can find somewhere else to test other than Barstow.

MAC56

RDC Crypto
I have tested in that area for many years, the recreational motorcycle traffic is significant. The only days I will test is Tuesday thru Thursday. Its not like Barstow or Jean , the bushes are tall and the cross trails are everywhere. On holiday weekends it turns into a city of camps.

GageFamilyRacing

RDC Crypto
I raced UTV's out there for a year when Peralta was putting on races out of his ranch. Its going to be interesting to see what kind of course they put together. Definitely don't have to worry about the whoops. After riding out there for years I've never seen a section of whoops a stock UTV couldn't hold it WFO across. Its the cross grain ridges and gotcha's that come out of nowhere that's going to catch people off guard. I'm excited for something new

jon coleman

RDC Crypto
actually the worst ones are the invisible hole types, your just zipping along, Wham!, you wernt ready , they aren't dangerous, just kidney jaring& irritating because you Swear the section it was in was ' smooth', more of a pissed at myself for not seeing it& not ready for it type of deal

10 shot

RDC Crypto
Well this will be my first new race site in the 10 years I've been racing. Hope it is something good just needs to be earlier in the year its going to be freezing!

Bro_Gill

RDC Crypto
Maybe you should take up needle point, you can do it inside where it's warm. Lou has been putting on races in Cal City since the 1990s. He has been a race promoter for much longer. A big race in Cal City has been a dream of his forever. As far as Cal City and Kern County goes, they have been pro-off road as long as I remember. When we were doing the WEMO plan back in 2000, Kern County, Cal City, and their representatives told BLM to butt out of their land use management. Cal City welcomes OHVs on the city streets. The reason they can pull off a race like this is because the city limits are huge and every trail, line in the dirt, etc... is considered a city street so the BLM has no say over what the city does on their streets. And Mojave has plenty of rooms to stay in and isn't that far away. Glad Lucho will see this go down.

Goober

RDC Crypto
Maybe you should take up needle point, you can do it inside where it's warm. Lou has been putting on races in Cal City since the 1990s. He has been a race promoter for much longer. A big race in Cal City has been a dream of his forever. As far as Cal City and Kern County goes, they have been pro-off road as long as I remember. When we were doing the WEMO plan back in 2000, Kern County, Cal City, and their representatives told BLM to butt out of their land use management. Cal City welcomes OHVs on the city streets. The reason they can pull off a race like this is because the city limits are huge and every trail, line in the dirt, etc... is considered a city street so the BLM has no say over what the city does on their streets. And Mojave has plenty of rooms to stay in and isn't that far away. Glad Lucho will see this go down.
Someone should tell Score.