2021 BITD Parker BWDC / now named: Cal City Desert Challenge Brought to You by Fox

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
RDC Crypto
1634320227918.png

No mention of class 1(1500) and swapping the UTV and TT heats day to day. Odd.

cynicwanderer

RDC Crypto
does anyone know if motos need racingtrax for the new race ? the BITD info page says all but youth, but the racingtrax site says cars, truck and UTVs only. I contacted BITD, but haven't got a response form them, yet. seems silly for them to require motos to have a racingtrax which cost as much to rent as the entry fee on basically a harescramble loop course with only motos/quads in the same heat.

Rcamp99

RDC Crypto
does anyone know if motos need racingtrax for the new race ? the BITD info page says all but youth, but the racingtrax site says cars, truck and UTVs only. I contacted BITD, but haven't got a response form them, yet. seems silly for them to require motos to have a racingtrax which cost as much to rent as the entry fee on basically a harescramble loop course with only motos/quads in the same heat.
Course is the same length as Parker. Do they require it there?

calstyl2

RDC Crypto
Its no different than Landerites coming into KOH or the Barstow Natives around outlet center, watch your poop, lock your poop, Laughlin had bunch of generators stolen during the drivers meeting at the UTV 2 day race, so it happens everywhere. Cal City is new, most racers cant deal with new, but new can be good.
Ask Legacy where there fuel trailer is in Rachel Nevada.............

10 shot

RDC Crypto
Sounds like it could be good . In the beginning it didn't sound too good until more information got out. Not running the same course over and over will be a nice change

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
wonder why they are doing a different order on day 2? thats odd. Plus its messed up my plan to run UTV for pre running.

I am worried about a new place with no pre run or gps files to know where the gotchas are. I know they will mark the course but the people marking the course are usually doing so for UTV type racers. They dont really know what will cause problems for the trucks.

Mike

sand shark

RDC Crypto
I was out in Cal City this weekend. On Sunday when I was leaving I saw a BITD truck pulling a UTV heading in. It will be interesting to see how they set up the course.

We did 105 mile ride on Saturday that started in Cal City then to Jawbone into Dove Springs to Randsburg and back to camp.

jon coleman

RDC Crypto
i did a 10 mile ride saturday😬edit, mostly in 1& second gear, it was like a minnie koh, and it was soooo hot, waaaa, im that snivler guy...

Last edited:

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
I agree on the no pre run but others will get in the sportsman class and pre run. So that forces others to do it.

Ironically the BITD rules say no racer can enter into sportsman that’s races in other classes. Or something to that extent. Basically it says we can’t do what we are doing but it’s up to the race director to make the call and they decided to let people do it for more entry fees.

Another case of pushing the rules so others have to spend more to do the same. To enter into 8100 or UTV class to pre run the course cost over $1k for entry fee and Racingtrax giving the guys that spend more an advantage.

The Pre fun runs like they did in Laughlin were cool but hard to do on a 30 mile course.

Mike

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
I watched the FB video.

Fish had a good idea. We post photos of anyone out pre running, I will be sure to take photos to post of anyone I see out there. LOL I'm joking btw. We are not going to test or pre run the area.

Still hoping to test in Barstow this Thursday and Friday.

Mike