2021 Grand Canyon Rally

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
Used to be Southern California, Good Riddance!
Just finished a 3 day trip from Lake Pleasant to the Grand Canyon and back. Starting on May 4th, 17 UTVs made the 525 mile trip through some incredible and breathtaking scenery.

Day 1 was 165 miles from Lake Pleasant to Williams, Day 2 was a 170 mile round trip from Williams to the Grand Canyon and back. Day 3 was 190 miles back to Lake Pleasant.

The group only had two flats for the entire trip.

4y4YnpB.jpg

Made a stop in Sedona for a photo op on the Broken Arrow trail.

loiTLM6.jpg

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
Sorry, I don't have the GPS files for the trip on hand. The entire trip were driven on established trails.

A quick description would be as follows,

Day 1 (165 miles)

Start at Lake Pleasent and head east then north paralleling the 17. Through Cottonwood and Jerome to Williams.

Day 2 (170 miles)

Leave Williams and head east, then north to Tusayan. Then take the highway into GC. Spent a couple of hours at the Grand Canyon then back to Williams reversing the route back to Williams.

Day 3 (190 miles, detour to Sedona)

Southeast out of Williams to Sedona, stopped at the Broken Arrow trail for a photo op, then returned back to through Cottonwood and Lake Pleasant via the same route as Day 1.

Sorry, that's the best I can do.

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
This started out as some friends wanting to do a trip and a couple of them were unable to get the time off from work. The organizer of this trip then posted it on Facebook hoping to get just a few cars to go with him. He ended up with 17.

"Annual" is kind of a misnomer as this was the 1st trip but with the obvious success of this run, I can't see why it won't happen again.

34 people started out as strangers and are now good friends. Here is some information from the organizer's Facebook page.