2021 KOH Toyo Desert Challenge - Live video, scoring and updates

Fifty

Reaction
Can I get your autograph on my boobs? I’ll cherish it forever! ;)

JDDurfey

Reaction
Just a little perspective on the announcing part, we are in a booth facing the winners platform. We can not see the track at all. We are only looking at the monitors in the booth. One is behind us and can’t see it in the morning cause the sun. The feed on the monitors we can see is the premium feed, so what we are looking at doesn’t always match the free feed hence us talking about something you guys aren’t seeing. I was using my laptop to watch the tracker and get split times most of the day so I was not always watching the monitor. When the car Grenaded it happened to be right when neither of us were looking at the monitor. It’s a lot harder than it sounds and major props for anyone ever doing it!

Please don't take my comments as criticism. It is just my perspective as a viewer over the weekend. I know all of us sitting at home want to watch a better show...but at the same time we are getting to watch for FREE with very few commercials what we can never watch any other time of the year.

The budget for other live broadcasts like Supercross or NASCRAP is HUUUGE! They have the best of the best working on them and they are all paid well to be there.

So taking that into consideration I am going to slap myself across the face for complaining and just give Dave, RJ, Fish, Ian, RL and everyone else that worked over the weekend to give us a great show a big ATTABOY and huge THANKS!!!

Maybe someday I can be in a position financially to go out and volunteer for this event in some capacity. I can check a mean wristband for sure!

Slippery P

Reaction
This years KOH is the first one I have missed since the very first “this is not a race” in 2007. I purchased the PPV coverage for $35 and the coverage of the TT race was worth every penny! I know many of you saying it cost too much, spend more than that at Starbucks on a regular basis ya cheap asses! After watching Saturday’s race and listening to the announcing, it was a welcome addition to hear Fish in the box. The drone footage alone was worth the $35! What a battle Pecoy was applying pressure until the truck said no more, then the battle for 2nd-3rd, to be able to see how much the course deteriorated in so many spots was awesome.

Last edited:

EL ROMAN

Reaction
Fish, you did an awesome job and hope Dave brings you back next year. You had quite a bit more insight on the racers and cars, and did not sound like you were getting paid by X company or Y company to mention their name. In fact, I think all 1450 racers owe you a beer for the shout out HAHA.

I really think each session should have a different "expert" on the cars racing. Coming from purely desert racing background, it is hard for one person to keep up with all facets of it from TTs, UTVs, 6100s, Class 11s, and everything else in between. So a person that knows a bit more insight for each race would help, and also give guys a break. It is similar to the Dakar episodes, where one does the cars/trucks and another does the motos/quads.

pdailey

Racer
Reaction
my problem is the “Biden” type, self denounced experts that are good at talking about it, not really doing it.

I‘m not mad about the “cheating”, Harley and Beau cheated, we win as a team and lose as a team.

you don’t have 1/10 of the miles I have in a TT, left seat or right.

you are a Facebook star and dot tracking expert, there is only so much truth in that info. When LR is speaking about a desert race, it is worth listening to. You, stick to tracking.
62B9F6F7-1D0D-4865-A134-43D2880B9A14.jpeg

kyle_pc_75

Reaction
Awesome free coverage, I didn't purchase the premium as I was more than happy with the free stuff. I had my little tablet broadcasting from the package tray of my Beetle all weekend as I worked around the garage. I was more listening than watching and thought the commentary overall was great.

The main thing for me is it made me want to tune in to the rest of the KOH racing this week and weekend which I probably never would have normally thought about doing.

IMG_20210131_122154024_HDR.jpg

MTPyle

Reaction
I heard the rider was OK. I guess the dirt bike hit the side of the T2.

Not sure how you are riding out there and not aware of the race going on. Although it happed close to Couger buttes and that area gets confusing.

There were a lot of spectators on the course.

Mike

Fifty

Reaction
Oof. Yea. I mean, race vehicles with gps track maps get lost/off trail frequently.

being a rider on track doesn’t seem out of the world. Hopefully it wasn’t a “I’m going to hit the track because it’s quicker vs going around off track” and just a mistake that had the worst timing.

jon coleman

Reaction
that was the fun part of the dash , lottsa holiday sight seeing riders zig zagging the course , kept you on your toes, glad to hear rider ok, last thing koh needs is a badly hurt spectator ,or worse, but how many people on average are attending koh?, to not have one incident all week is a very good thing!!, be safe rDc

Fourstroker

Reaction
There was tons of people that went on the course (somehow unknowingly) with a couple thousand people around them near the remote pit. Thankfully in the cases I saw the trucks were on the short loop at the time.

And then there was a certain TT getting lost coming down the hill back into the remote pit and almost swiping a 4 year old