2021 Legacy or BITD. What are you gonna run?

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
IMG_6810.jpg

I recently did the SDHQ 2021 race support schedule and it looks like I am gonna have a busy year as I will be supporting both BITD and Legacy (and local LUCAS Oil shortcourse, and western Ultra 4, and some
SNORE races).

I’m really curious what you stateside guys are gonna do. Go with BITD? Legacy? A mix of both?

El Mamito USMC

Reaction
ill depend if legacy has quads..

MTPyle

Reaction
We are having a hard time with our 2021 schedule. Lots of conflicts with different series. So we may just race the bigger exposure races.

I am pretty sure we will do KOH and that takes out our SCORE series run as it conflicts with the SF250. So most likely the big BITD races and possibly the Mint400. For sure any race Dave at KOH has for us. Not sure about legacy. Love the people and would love to race with them but we need exposure and high value races for our sponsors.

Mike

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
Lots of conflicts with different series. So we may just race the bigger exposure races.
Mike
That’s what our team does and the sponsors seem to like it. (And we get race cool shiz.). Championships are cool AF but there’s a lot of sacrifice to even try for one.

Red Ford Racer

Reaction
We have not seen much out of Legacy since the first announcement. I was into the idea racing with them but its been quiet. No real hype or marketing! We will be going were ever the Ford money goes if any. Ford has also asked us to give the Honda team some competition in Mexico, so we will see you there Dan!!

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
We have not seen much out of Legacy since the first announcement. I was into the idea racing with them but its been quiet. No real hype or marketing! We will be going were ever the Ford money goes if any. Ford has also asked us to give the Honda team some competition in Mexico, so we will see you there Dan!!
Its 3 months until their first race in Pahrump. So it could be a little early for that since they just announced their existence a few weeks ago. For example, SCORE just released the Baja 1000 map, about a month away from the race. And PR's for it have been coming out in the last month or so.

ndvalium

Rescue Director
Reaction
Well while I’m not a racer, I am supporting 100% 6 different racing series and helping others where we can.

We will be at all Best in the Desert events. All Legacy Off Road Racing events. All Mad Media events. All Motorcycle Racing Association of Nevada events. All So Cal Sand Drags, all Avenal Sand Drags.

Add to that helping SNORE when asked to Supplement their needs, lots of random one off stuff and a constant schedule with FORD testing and it’s going to hopefully be a heck of a year.

Racers have choices to make and I foresee many picking and choosing those events that are on their lists to win. Very few off road teams I suspect will chase a championship.

Be interesting to see someone organize a dream list of races and a prize purse for it that everyone paid into. A series outside a series type thing. Imagine a Parker, Mint, Alamo to Pahrump, Baja 500, Vegas to Reno, Baja 1000, Rage at the River year.

cynicwanderer

Reaction
does BITD have a 2021 schedule posted, yet ? I have been checking their site and haven't seen one. I usually like to plan my next season starting this time of year... under the circumstances, I understand nothing is written in stone, but it would be nice to have an idea. in particular I noticed that Legacy is planning a 500 mile race around the time the SS300 usually takes place... am I missing something ?

Last edited:

desertspeed

Reaction
Although we have raced solely in BITD over the past few years, we had planned to race the 1000 this year until it got changed to a loop race. So for next year we are planning on the following schedule to get the most race miles while still having a break between races:

Jan 15-17 Parker 425
May 14-17 Alamo to Pahrump 500+ (Legacy)
Aug 12-16 Reno to Vegas 500+
Nov 17-21 Baja 1000

Spread out perfectly and 2,500 miles of racing 😎

pdailey

Racer
Reaction
Awesome! See you in Baja!

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
Ford has also asked us to give the Honda team some competition in Mexico, so we will see you there Dan!!
I am pretty excited to hear this. The ridgelines next race is this years 1000. Are you doing that or are ya talking about 2021?

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
does BITD have a 2021 schedule posted, yet ? I have been checking their site and haven't seen one. I usually like to plan my next season starting this time of year... under the circumstances, I understand nothing is written in stone, but it would be nice to have an idea. in particular I noticed that Legacy is planning a 500 mile race around the time the SS300 usually takes place... am I missing something ?
BITD dates have been in our calendar since they announced it.