2021 Mint 400 Info

mxben

Reaction
I heard the same thing about the BITD course but last years course was the big roller whoops from the truck course and I guess what they considered single track 3'-4' wide trail with deep sand whoops and a little bit of fire roads. Oh I forgot the 100' of slightly rocky downhill. I understand that the course cant be NHHR style because of the different caliber of riders and the different types of bikes but I'm pretty sure nobody likes to ride 100's of miles of whoops especially those poor guys on the Harleys.

Yeah I think as far as race course goes I'd consider singletrack 3' wide. We had a lot of whoops in those miles of course as well. A few spots its was a foot wide. Lots of variety though, they went on and off fire roads a lot and it was a really nice break to get on a 4th/5th gear fire road and loosen up and let the pump fade.

Was it not ran as a part of the NHHA series?? Typically they have good courses. I agree, let the harley and adventure dorks run a different race if it sacrifices course quality and challenge. There 5 entries are not worth the hype they receive. No one is impressed.

Charlietuna

Reaction
So forgive my ignorance, but right on the front page of RDC this morning is an article about how LEGACY just completed their first race ever, run entirely in Nevada. HOW did they do it when SNORE got shut down and the Mint is moving forward as if they expect to run?

/the inconsistency is the the biggest kick in the balls for most people, I think

J Prich

Reaction
So forgive my ignorance, but right on the front page of RDC this morning is an article about how LEGACY just completed their first race ever, run entirely in Nevada. HOW did they do it when SNORE got shut down and the Mint is moving forward as if they expect to run?

/the inconsistency is the the biggest kick in the balls for most people, I think
The Legacy race was in Nye County, not Clark County. So some different rules going on there. Regarding the Mint, the staff is continuing to work with necessary agencies at all levels to keep pushing forward to have the event.

EL ROMAN

Reaction
Registered last night. Hope they/we can pull it off. This race is a lot of fun. Nervous about the events taking place in Vegas don't affect the race itself tho. I can't handle another situation like the last one with SNORE. Also hoping we can camp near the pits on the north side. There's a lot more room out there, maybe it will help with the distancing explanation?!