2021 Mint 400 starting order

SN8KE

RDC Crypto
Haven’t seen anything totally solid on what classes are racing on Friday vs Saturday. Mint website says unlimited vehicles race Saturday but that can be vague - i.e. are 6100’s, 10’s, and 5U’s all considered limited or unlimited? I can’t imagine 6100’s not running on Saturday. It is fun to watch some of the 6100’s get into the TT class but not cool to watch 10’s plug up the TT’s late in the race. Would be cool for the spectators to see the 10’s & 5U’s vs the fast UTV’s on the Friday race.

Any thoughts?

J Prich

RDC Crypto
10s are a little tricky IMO. Friday has way more cars, and lots of slower cars. When 10s run with the Friday group, they will be catching 11s and slow UTVs by lap 2. I recall at least two significant incidents….one involving the lead 10 car tangling with a UTV and rolling (I think it was Heger, who still ended up winning) and I want to say there was an issue with a 10 getting mixed up with an 11 too that ended up with a rolled 11 car. Could be wrong on that one.

Last year the 10s raced Saturday instead. There was some push back from some of the TT guys but I don’t recall there being any actual incidents on course. Obviously the size difference between 10s and TT/6100 is significant, but because the speed gap is closer and there is a lower car count than there usually is for the Friday race, it takes longer for the TTs to catch the 10s and when they do it’s usually later when folks are spread out with attrition etc. Honestly can see this either way but 10s on Saturday is on the table I think. 6 in one hand, half dozen in the other.

bajafox

Accepted
RDC Crypto
10s are a little tricky IMO. Friday has way more cars, and lots of slower cars. When 10s run with the Friday group, they will be catching 11s and slow UTVs by lap 2. I recall at least two significant incidents….one involving the lead 10 car tangling with a UTV and rolling (I think it was Heger, who still ended up winning) and I want to say there was an issue with a 10 getting mixed up with an 11 too that ended up with a rolled 11 car. Could be wrong on that one.

Last year the 10s raced Saturday instead. There was some push back from some of the TT guys but I don’t recall there being any actual incidents on course. Obviously the size difference between 10s and TT/6100 is significant, but because the speed gap is closer and there is a lower car count than there usually is for the Friday race, it takes longer for the TTs to catch the 10s and when they do it’s usually later when folks are spread out with attrition etc. Honestly can see this either way but 10s on Saturday is on the table I think. 6 in one hand, half dozen in the other.
I just saw this on FB. What do you guys think about this pass?

NOTE: Video link updated

I remember this video

notime

NTR Films media guy
RDC Crypto
Website
www.codeoffroad.com.mx
yes i raced that year also in a clase 11 and that line choice was the best one, i raced in a class 10 the year before, and we just took the center line to make a pass in the same spot, if were in a more suspension car, just take another line, pull off, pass and then rejoin in front IMHO

J Prich

RDC Crypto
So all that to say…10s running with the other “limiteds” on a loop race is not a slam dunk IMO. Trade offs either way…Friday or Saturday.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
I don’t think any light buggy should be racing with full size trucks. Class 1 fine and maybe class 6200 but class 10 or 5 should not be with heavy trucks. Most of the new class 6200 are more like 10 cars than class 1 so I would put them with the other buggies.

Mike

fastfelix

RDC Crypto
Then u have the scenario of the selfish 10 car guy who hits a 11 car with 10 other line options. I guess argument can go either way

Last edited:

Chas Moore

RDC Crypto
Website
battlebornoffroad.net
Screenshot 2021-11-15 at 09-52-02 Entry Fees The Mint 400.png

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
We officially signed up today for the Mint. Lots of consideration with our sponsor and team.

At the end of the day we can’t miss this opportunity to race this race, especially after missing B1K. Even though the entry list is less than what it shows there are still lots of fast guys and a large enough field that it’s going to be a legit 6100 race. Getting a podium with this field and this course will be a huge accomplishment.

I think they will improve on last year and overall last year was still a great time for us. We are 100x more prepared this year than last and I am sure the MM team is as well.

I am a little worried about the pits camping situation but hopefully we can figure it out. We have a hard time splitting our support and pit vehicles so camping in one spot and pitting in another spot will create some challenges, especially for a 8 hour lap race.

Mike

Viola1685

RDC Crypto
Speaking as a class 10 driver I can say I would rather start on Saturday with the tt, class 1, 6100 and 6200 class cars then run Friday and be the fastest car on the road. We have mixed it up with plenty of class 1 and tt’s and know what we’re getting ourselves into by moving through those classes. We have never hit a class 11 or any lapped traffic for that matter but I can tell you being in the lead pack in class 10 and dodging slower vehicles that you close on in a matter seconds on the second lap is a lot more unsafe then worrying a couple unlimiteds coming up behind us on lap 4. From a safety standpoint it’s safer to honestly to have class 10 run with the unlimiteds on Saturday then Friday with twice as many cars. Just my .02

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Well of course you would rather be with the faster vehicles. That puts the challenge of getting around you on them. Just like you don't want to have to work around slower vehicles neither do we. for me its about not just safety but overall mechanical risk to the lighter buggies. It's just not right to put cars that can't be hit with full size trucks in the same race. If a full size truck barely hit's a class 10 it can end their day.

at Cal City there was a 10 car that got hit by a truck and smashed the rear bumper in pretty bad. That car could not take one more hit, it would have taken out its engine. Why would a class 10 want that?

I Really think lighter buggies should be with lighter vehicles. Class 1 and some Class 6200 can take a hit from a truck but not many Class 10 can. It's easy to say you will move over but on race day that rarely happens.

Mike