2021 NORRA 500 Questions Feel Free to Ask !

CHINOLAS

Reaction
Website
www.facebook.com
Hello All

Please let me know if anyone has questions or comments on the next Norra 500 to be held from Oct. 7th to 10th in Ensenada.

So far we have over 60 entries and shooting for another 40 if possible.

The event will be a 2-day rally with 2 courses of around 250 miles each day, will have parts of the 2019 course and some new additions to it, course roughness will be moderate as always looking for fun Norra roads to use.

Day 1 will be East Loop and Day 2 will be South Loop, Horsepower Ranch will be our Start and Finish location for each day, and Transpeninsular Brewery on the way out of Ensenada will be our Trophy Pick Up location on Sunday, Oct. 10th.

Steel It King of The Mountain Challenge will be arranged in a way that teams will not have to wait at the bottom as they did in 2019, we learned a big lesson there and will make it better for 2021.

Finish Line Celebrations every day at Horsepower Ranch Poolside, safe parking areas for teams, no public access to the enclosed areas due to Covid 19 regulations and safety protocols.

We have great news for UTV teams for this event so stay tuned for the official announcement in the next 2 weeks, we want to make this the biggest UTV rally challenge in Mexico and working on that now.

Like always we are open to ideas and any questions you want to ask.

Regards
Eliseo Garcia
Race Director
National Off Road Racing Association

CHINOLAS

Reaction
Website
www.facebook.com
Looking so forward to the race. What is the maximum amount of crew wrist bands we can buy for the parties?
There is no limit to buy Crew wristbands, the only requirement for crews in order to be eligible for a wristband is to comply with Covid Regulations, show their vaccination card at the entrance to Horsepower Ranch, or get an onsite Covid Test that shows a negative result.

GoonRdc760

Reaction
Hello All

Please let me know if anyone has questions or comments on the next Norra 500 to be held from Oct. 7th to 10th in Ensenada.

The event will be a 2-day rally with 2 courses of around 250 miles each day, will have parts of the 2019 course and some new additions to it, course roughness will be moderate as always looking for fun Norra roads to use.

Day 1 will be East Loop and Day 2 will be South Loop, Horsepower Ranch will be our Start and Finish location for each day, and Transpeninsular Brewery on the way out of Ensenada will be our Trophy Pick Up location on Sunday, Oct. 10th.

Steel It King of The Mountain Challenge will be arranged in a way that teams will not have to wait at the bottom as they did in 2019, we learned a big lesson there and will make it better for 2021.

Finish Line Celebrations every day at Horsepower Ranch Poolside, safe parking areas for teams, no public access to the enclosed areas due to Covid 19 regulations and safety protocols.

We have great news for UTV teams for this event so stay tuned for the official announcement in the next 2 weeks, we want to make this the biggest UTV rally challenge in Mexico and working on that now.

Regards
Eliseo Garcia
Race Director
Is the course map out?

luvbaja2

Reaction
Hello All

Regards
Eliseo Garcia
Race Director
Eliseo, thanks again for a great job putting this event on. We are excited to get back to it. I voiced my displeasure (along with others) in 2019 regarding the Mike's Peak run and it appears you took notice. I personally don't see the value in it, but I am only one person. I have some ideas as to how it could be done but would like to hear from you. Can you take a moment and explain how it will work this year.? Thank you, Bruce Galien, #4, 1976 Funco "Staggered Tandem"

CHINOLAS

Reaction
Website
www.facebook.com
Eliseo, thanks again for a great job putting this event on. We are excited to get back to it. I voiced my displeasure (along with others) in 2019 regarding the Mike's Peak run and it appears you took notice. I personally don't see the value in it, but I am only one person. I have some ideas as to how it could be done but would like to hear from you. Can you take a moment and explain how it will work this year.? Thank you, Bruce Galien, #4, 1976 Funco "Staggered Tandem"
Bruce

We have only 2 options to do this challenge, one is to fix the road after Mike´s coming down thru Simpson into Valley Trinidad again, the second option is to cut a few miles the Hillclimb and finish the Super Special Stage at the Leandro Valle road detour that will take you down to Valley Trinidad.

To make option 1 a reality we need a lot of money and a big bulldozer to repair that road, the problem is that there are only a few companies that can do that in Baja and they are busy for the rest of the year, that being said I believe we will have to cut and detour at Leandro Valle road if we do this Stage.

I am still working on the course for the next 2 weeks, will have more course and mileage info next week for you guys but one thing is for sure, we will not hold anyone this year at any stage start and the course will be great and fun.

Slow Baja

Reaction
Eliseo-
Great work as always. For those here that don't know --you can participate in NORRA without a "race" vehicle. We drove the 2019 in our mostly-stock 1971 Land Cruiser FJ40 and had a ball! We are on 30" tires with a stock suspension, and only needed four-wheel drive a few times! We will be back for the 500 in October and will have plenty of Tequila Fortaleza to share after the driving is done!
IMG_2693.jpg
IMG_0151 2.jpg
IMG_1321.jpg
IMG_0614.jpg
64FA6960-2898-4BBA-8310-1C686F5836B3.JPG