2021 NORRA 500 Questions Feel Free to Ask !

CHINOLAS

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
Hello All

Please let me know if anyone has questions or comments on the next Norra 500 to be held from Oct. 7th to 10th in Ensenada.

So far we have over 60 entries and shooting for another 40 if possible.

The event will be a 2-day rally with 2 courses of around 250 miles each day, will have parts of the 2019 course and some new additions to it, course roughness will be moderate as always looking for fun Norra roads to use.

Day 1 will be East Loop and Day 2 will be South Loop, Horsepower Ranch will be our Start and Finish location for each day, and Transpeninsular Brewery on the way out of Ensenada will be our Trophy Pick Up location on Sunday, Oct. 10th.

Steel It King of The Mountain Challenge will be arranged in a way that teams will not have to wait at the bottom as they did in 2019, we learned a big lesson there and will make it better for 2021.

Finish Line Celebrations every day at Horsepower Ranch Poolside, safe parking areas for teams, no public access to the enclosed areas due to Covid 19 regulations and safety protocols.

We have great news for UTV teams for this event so stay tuned for the official announcement in the next 2 weeks, we want to make this the biggest UTV rally challenge in Mexico and working on that now.

Like always we are open to ideas and any questions you want to ask.

Regards
Eliseo Garcia
Race Director
National Off Road Racing Association

CHINOLAS

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
Looking so forward to the race. What is the maximum amount of crew wrist bands we can buy for the parties?
There is no limit to buy Crew wristbands, the only requirement for crews in order to be eligible for a wristband is to comply with Covid Regulations, show their vaccination card at the entrance to Horsepower Ranch, or get an onsite Covid Test that shows a negative result.

GoonRdc760

RDC Crypto
Hello All

Please let me know if anyone has questions or comments on the next Norra 500 to be held from Oct. 7th to 10th in Ensenada.

The event will be a 2-day rally with 2 courses of around 250 miles each day, will have parts of the 2019 course and some new additions to it, course roughness will be moderate as always looking for fun Norra roads to use.

Day 1 will be East Loop and Day 2 will be South Loop, Horsepower Ranch will be our Start and Finish location for each day, and Transpeninsular Brewery on the way out of Ensenada will be our Trophy Pick Up location on Sunday, Oct. 10th.

Steel It King of The Mountain Challenge will be arranged in a way that teams will not have to wait at the bottom as they did in 2019, we learned a big lesson there and will make it better for 2021.

Finish Line Celebrations every day at Horsepower Ranch Poolside, safe parking areas for teams, no public access to the enclosed areas due to Covid 19 regulations and safety protocols.

We have great news for UTV teams for this event so stay tuned for the official announcement in the next 2 weeks, we want to make this the biggest UTV rally challenge in Mexico and working on that now.

Regards
Eliseo Garcia
Race Director
Is the course map out?

luvbaja2

RDC Crypto
Hello All

Regards
Eliseo Garcia
Race Director
Eliseo, thanks again for a great job putting this event on. We are excited to get back to it. I voiced my displeasure (along with others) in 2019 regarding the Mike's Peak run and it appears you took notice. I personally don't see the value in it, but I am only one person. I have some ideas as to how it could be done but would like to hear from you. Can you take a moment and explain how it will work this year.? Thank you, Bruce Galien, #4, 1976 Funco "Staggered Tandem"

CHINOLAS

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
Eliseo, thanks again for a great job putting this event on. We are excited to get back to it. I voiced my displeasure (along with others) in 2019 regarding the Mike's Peak run and it appears you took notice. I personally don't see the value in it, but I am only one person. I have some ideas as to how it could be done but would like to hear from you. Can you take a moment and explain how it will work this year.? Thank you, Bruce Galien, #4, 1976 Funco "Staggered Tandem"
Bruce

We have only 2 options to do this challenge, one is to fix the road after Mike´s coming down thru Simpson into Valley Trinidad again, the second option is to cut a few miles the Hillclimb and finish the Super Special Stage at the Leandro Valle road detour that will take you down to Valley Trinidad.

To make option 1 a reality we need a lot of money and a big bulldozer to repair that road, the problem is that there are only a few companies that can do that in Baja and they are busy for the rest of the year, that being said I believe we will have to cut and detour at Leandro Valle road if we do this Stage.

I am still working on the course for the next 2 weeks, will have more course and mileage info next week for you guys but one thing is for sure, we will not hold anyone this year at any stage start and the course will be great and fun.

Slow Baja

RDC Crypto
Eliseo-
Great work as always. For those here that don't know --you can participate in NORRA without a "race" vehicle. We drove the 2019 in our mostly-stock 1971 Land Cruiser FJ40 and had a ball! We are on 30" tires with a stock suspension, and only needed four-wheel drive a few times! We will be back for the 500 in October and will have plenty of Tequila Fortaleza to share after the driving is done!
IMG_2693.jpg
IMG_0151 2.jpg
IMG_1321.jpg
IMG_0614.jpg
64FA6960-2898-4BBA-8310-1C686F5836B3.JPG

Zambo

RDC Crypto
Couple questions with the race 3 weeks away:
Will the UTVs need Mag7 support or are there enough road crossings so we don’t have to worry about fuel?
Can we leave our trailer and race car at HP ranch so we don’t have to drag it back into town and park it? That opens up a bunch of hotel options.
When is the map coming out?
Is there a party on Sunday, or just pick up trophies etc on the way out of town? If there is a party, I assume its at the brewery? What time?

Muchas Gracias!

aburruss

RDC Crypto
There is no limit to buy Crew wristbands, the only requirement for crews in order to be eligible for a wristband is to comply with Covid Regulations, show their vaccination card at the entrance to Horsepower Ranch, or get an onsite Covid Test that shows a negative result.
Hola Eliseo! Unfortunately, we cannot make it this year for the 500, but we WILL be there for the 2022 1000. For those of us who have already had covid, will a test showing COVID antibodies be sufficient for the 500 or 1000? Or do we have to actually have a negative test?

Zambo

RDC Crypto
Hey all I goofed up my room reservations. Before I rebook something I figured I’d ask if anybody has a couple rooms they need to get rid of. Thur-fri-sat nights.

CHINOLAS

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
Couple questions with the race 3 weeks away:
Will the UTVs need Mag7 support or are there enough road crossings so we don’t have to worry about fuel?
Can we leave our trailer and race car at HP ranch so we don’t have to drag it back into town and park it? That opens up a bunch of hotel options.
When is the map coming out?
Is there a party on Sunday, or just pick up trophies etc on the way out of town? If there is a party, I assume its at the brewery? What time?

Muchas Gracias!
Still working on course since Baja 400 pre-run and the race got in the way, will have final logistics maps and mileage info this week, rules in the Stock UTV classes allow a bigger fuel tank now but if you do not have one and still have stock fuel tank we will have mandatory fuel stops for all Stock UTV classes regardless of fuel tank capacity or needs to be fair for all, we tested Stella PIT Stops at last Mexican 1000, had a few things to improve but worked ok, our longest remote special stage of the rally is 127 miles and is on the pine forest, we will have one Mag 7 pit at the middle of the stage to refuel stock UTV´s that need fuel, the rest of the stages on all days range from 40 to 80 miles long but with highway crossings that allow for pits.

Horsepower Ranch will have parking for all trailers no worries about that, they have been very supportive for the event.

Maps come out this week.

Sunday Awards pick up cannot be called a PARTY due to covid regulations, but we will all be at Transpeninsular Brewery and trophies will be there as well as NORRA Beer and food snacks for all attendees, the brewery has a max capacity of 200 I believe so we will be fine, some teams will be there just to pick up trophies, some might stay to party a bit, time will be starting at 10:00 am and on until 2:00 pm

CHINOLAS

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
Hola Eliseo! Unfortunately, we cannot make it this year for the 500, but we WILL be there for the 2022 1000. For those of us who have already had covid, will a test showing COVID antibodies be sufficient for the 500 or 1000? Or do we have to actually have a negative test?
A vaccination card is fine or a negative LAB Covid Test not older than 72 hours are fine with printed results, we will have onsite testing also with a cost of 30 dlls if you need it.

CHINOLAS

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
How we looking with the preliminary race map?
Just got back from testing day 1 roadbooks and rain made us change some sections, will update tomorrow, Day 2 will be tested tomorrow, maps will be ready by Wednesday with mileage and stage information, logistics will be fairly easy.

The online drivers meeting is scheduled for Thursday, Sep 30th at 6:00 pm and will discuss all details about it.

Full maps and GPS files will be uploaded as usual 2 days before Tech, which will be Tuesday, Oct. 05th.

Zambo

RDC Crypto
Just got back from testing day 1 roadbooks and rain made us change some sections, will update tomorrow, Day 2 will be tested tomorrow, maps will be ready by Wednesday with mileage and stage information, logistics will be fairly easy.

The online drivers meeting is scheduled for Thursday, Sep 30th at 6:00 pm and will discuss all details about it.

Full maps and GPS files will be uploaded as usual 2 days before Tech, which will be Tuesday, Oct. 05th.
Thanks Eliseo!
1. Do I have to set up anything beforehand with Mag7 or can I do that at tech?

2. Is the meeting recorded? I'll be at 37,000 feet over the pacific ocean Thursday evening.

CHINOLAS

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
Thanks Eliseo!
1. Do I have to set up anything beforehand with Mag7 or can I do that at tech?

2. Is the meeting recorded? I'll be at 37,000 feet over the pacific ocean Thursday evening.
John

Mag 7 will have 1 pit every day on the longest stages, you will not need anything else.

Yes the meeting will be recorded and posted on the Norra website