2021 San Felipe 250

E.Hagle

Reaction
How many of you guys think the race will go off?

Do you guys think the course will be similar to what we ran in the 1000 this year? It was my only experience with the area and lived up to the hype I’ve heard for years.

ekozy39

Reaction
How many of you guys think the race will go off?

Do you guys think the course will be similar to what we ran in the 1000 this year? It was my only experience with the area and lived up to the hype I’ve heard for years.
Yes, will happen. They already proved the concept of holding closed off event at El Dorado, no issues and govt was very supportive.

E.Hagle

Reaction
Do you think they’ll ever blade off any of the absolutely blown out sections of San Felipe? I know guys will say “off-road racing is supposed to be easy or smooth”. The only reason I bring it up is because Jose G mentioned the possibility of doing so in a fishgistics video.

I couldn’t believe they had a tractor at the top of a wash blading off sections for the last 1000. If they can get equipment there, they can almost get anywhere.

The 250 almost seems like suicide for your vehicle if you aren’t running TT Class 1 or TT Spec, and even they get claimed. It’s part of why there’s glory in finishing I understand that, but it’s brutal for everyone else mounting the challenge.

9rocky

Reaction
Do you think they’ll ever blade off any of the absolutely blown out sections of San Felipe? I know guys will say “off-road racing is supposed to be easy or smooth”. The only reason I bring it up is because Jose G mentioned the possibility of doing so in a fishgistics video.

I couldn’t believe they had a tractor at the top of a wash blading off sections for the last 1000. If they can get equipment there, they can almost get anywhere.

The 250 almost seems like suicide for your vehicle if you aren’t running TT Class 1 or TT Spec, and even they get claimed. It’s part of why there’s glory in finishing I understand that, but it’s brutal for everyone else mounting the challenge.

San Felipe is not a BITD race. Racing SCORE is all about the San Felipe whoops. Racing in Baja is the pinnacle of the sport. They do not need to change a thing.

ekozy39

Reaction
San Felipe is not a BITD race. Racing SCORE is all about the San Felipe whoops. Racing in Baja is the pinnacle of the sport. They do not need to change a thing.
Couldn't agree more. In BITD, if you don't start top 10 you have little chance to do well, which is why I don't like that they don't do a live draw, but that's a different thread. In SCORE, you can do well from anywhere. Some TT guys will disagree, but generally speaking. I like 60% finish rates, having to think about where to push b/c you don't have help, the worry that you have to spend the night in the desert, etc, etc

9rocky

Reaction
Baja will challenge your race team at every level. From car build, to preparation, to knowing when to drive 75% and when to wick it up, to logistics, to knowledge, to the language barrier, to access, chasing, etc.

These panty moistening events in the USA are a complete joke compared to Baja. The pomp and circumstance means nothing about the racing.

Big Whitey

Reaction
If we could just talk the TT guys into only spinning their tires only on the tops of the whoops it would mellow them out for us poor little 5U guys jajaja

Steve0

Reaction
calculating the hangover GIF

If we could just talk the TT guys into only spinning their tires only on the tops of the whoops it would mellow them out for us poor little 5U guys jajaja

JDDurfey

Reaction
Maybe they could drag a big steel I-beam behind each truck too while they are at it! They have plenty of horsepower! ;)

J Prich

Reaction
I don't want to rock the boat because these seem like great ideas but I was thinking maybe they could just make the course all on pavement? I bet you could get a lot more entries if the course was paved.

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
I don't want to rock the boat because these seem like great ideas but I was thinking maybe they could just make the course all on pavement? I bet you could get a lot more entries if the course was paved.
That's even better, it would all have a speed limit like DAKAR