2021 SCORE Baja 1000 Live Video, Weatherman, Tracking, Updates

J Prich

RDC Crypto
The tricky part about an excessive nerfing penalty, IMO, is that it's very subjective based on circumstances. It's never a clean decision...you nerfed...here's your penalty. There are a variety of factors involved that make it tricky. But bottom line to me is that if someone nerfs another vehicle, especially a vehicle that's not in their class, hard enough to significantly damage the other car, the penalty should be severe. And the point is to serve as negative reinforcement to change behavior. Its a two way street obviously as generally speaking the slower cars need to be doing the right things to get out of the way, but potentially wrecking someone else's race due to lack of patience is not ok.

This is why everyone should run front and rear facing cameras. Its the only way to truly validate the circumstances, etc.

jon coleman

in n out.double double w cheese
RDC Crypto
nerfing caveat, its permissible to help a racer make the ' right decision' if said racer is purposely blocking& checking the faster racer( cls doesn't matter, unless blue light, then its just stoopid blocking..), i also believe the ' racer notebook' should come into play for penalties going forward, ie 264 now has a track record, next time its a more severe penalty

Advertising supports this site

Tom_Willis

RDC Crypto
. Then you chill out and heehaww through.
That's a technical term. Only a class 11 guy truly understands the Heehaw Technique. It involves the ability to withstand pain, ignore the taste of blood in your mouth, and not be insulted when you leave a checkpoint and spectators can outrun you with a cervesa in their hand.

BajaboundMoto

RDC Crypto
Website
bajaboundmoto.com
generally speaking the slower cars need to be doing the right things to get out of the way, but potentially wrecking someone else's race due to lack of patience is not ok.
Herbst started 15 cars ahead of 1006 and 20 cars ahead of 1075.... so who's the slower car?
Being in the 10 car and getting the Pass Alert you don't know who's wanting by.
Just getting the bumper w/o the P/A is BS.

J Prich

RDC Crypto
Herbst started 15 cars ahead of 1006 and 20 cars ahead of 1075.... so who's the slower car?
Being in the 10 car and getting the Pass Alert you don't know who's wanting by.
Just getting the bumper w/o the P/A is BS.
Yeah I agree with you. I don't mean "slower" in a negative way. It's all relative. I just mean if someone's on your butt and you're holding them up, I think we all would agree that there is some responsibility to attempt to get out of the way at the earliest possible opportunity. Regardless, what I'm saying is that smashing a car in front of you that's in a class that started behind you...hard enough to negatively impact their day, is a problem.

jon coleman

in n out.double double w cheese
RDC Crypto
esp in racing is a good thing, especially in a single seater, i always knew who was lapping me by pure magik, never neede a warning honk

CHINOLAS

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
If it happened last year and now this year maybe your not moving out of the way fast enough. Do you have a rear facing camera? Does Herbst have a front facing camera they can show that proves their point?
It happened last year because the guy that slammed us did the exact same thing and had the same attitude, no pass alert and just hit without even using the horn, I was 4th physical and 2nd corrected time last year at that time when Proctor hit me, this year I was 7th physical and 4th corrected time at RM 170 of 1227 miles and by the way we took second place on the race, WAS I GOING SLOW LAST YEAR AND THIS YEAR ?, Maybe for this TT´s yes we are going slow !!

JerryB

RDC Crypto
Looks like sorry cheap shots to me. Without personally knowing any of the parties involved, sure seems to reek of arrogance and entitlement. There's a difference between being aggressive and just plain reckless. This is definitely a case for the RDC Kangaroo Court. JerryB, where are you?
The Kangaroo Court is in session. ;)

Klaus

Administrator
Solutions
RDC Crypto
The Kangaroo Court is in session. ;)
Anyone may take the role of prosecutor, plaintiff, judge, juror, clerk, court room deputy, witness or even expert witness.

This one and then the other thread as well.... this shall be fun for those in the visitor stand in the back....

43mod

RDC Crypto
Alumicraft’s have a thinner wall rear cage that is designed to bend or “crumple” to absorb the energy. This mitigates the possibility of the shock tower being damaged or any other critical chassis structure.

100 pounds added or subtracted from our 10 is noticeable right away.
And there is the trade off . Not sure adding a 100 pound bumper is needed but 15-20 lbs might save the day . Need to decide if its a sprint car or a baja 1000 survivor .

JerryB

RDC Crypto
Anyone may take the role of prosecutor, plaintiff, judge, juror, clerk, court room deputy, witness or even expert witness.

This one and then the other thread as well.... this shall be fun for those in the visitor stand in the back....
The Kangaroo Court thread is obviously for entertainment, however..... There are frequently some very serious issues which come up regarding our sport, this being one of them, which I think justify some serious conversation. I would encourage and would love to hear, everyone's opinions on this topic (as I have been the victim of similar in the past, not to this extent, but a victim of abusive nerfing nonetheless), both sides if they wish to come forward. And just like Rittenhouse, the video will set you free so let's see it Herbst

BCarr

RDC Crypto
Maybe technology can solve this frame-bending topic? Intentional vehicle collisions cost money and are not required to travel down the course (the rear vehicle does not have to hit the front vehicle). The Pass Alert is already costing money and are required (at least in one association) so maybe leverage that. Because the front rig didn't get out of the way within the rear rig's immediate need to have the front rig move, the rear rig's hammering of the front rig without using Pass Alert may be grounds for association action on the rear rig.

Fifty

RDC Crypto
Oooof. Outsider view: it really comes down to the push to pass Stella thingy.

If that wasn’t used at all then this should be a DQ… and possibly for multiple events.

If it was used and those hits did occur as stated… then a single DQ.

If it was used and those hits occurred in an area which made driving sloppy, or massive changes in speed/throttle on both parties (I’m grasping to play devils advocate that there was a reason for multiple hard hits with out driver input) then the time penalty that was given. As life happens and you have to accept responsibility for the cards you pull from the pile.

But again, I’m from the peanut gallery.

Sheepdog

RDC Crypto
If overly-aggressive "nerfing" (a.k.a. ramming) is going to be a problem in Baja, then maybe we should bring our MTVR 6x6 motorhome to pre-run next year. It's the one on the right, parked next to the puny little 18-wheel tractor-trailer rig.

The military CARC paint reflects almost no light, so I was thinking of painting the rear of a brightly-colored buggy on the back.

We will not be running a blue light, so anyone that wants to nerf it, may feel free to do so, although I don't know that we would necessarily notice. Whenever we happen to have access to a water hose, we'll just hose them off the back and continue on our way.

Attachments

• 20201123_193055.jpg
    20201123_193055.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0

offroadracer516

RDC Crypto
Website
www.race-dezert.com
It happened last year because the guy that slammed us did the exact same thing and had the same attitude, no pass alert and just hit without even using the horn, I was 4th physical and 2nd corrected time last year at that time when Proctor hit me, this year I was 7th physical and 4th corrected time at RM 170 of 1227 miles and by the way we took second place on the race, WAS I GOING SLOW LAST YEAR AND THIS YEAR ?, Maybe for this TT´s yes we are going slow !!
IMO you need a new co rider and to stop relying on this push to pass crap. That isn't how we race in this sport. Your co rider should looking behind him more than he is looking forward. That's his job. Not to just go for a ride and not just read pace notes. I come from class 11,516 and 1600 though where we DRILL each other when need be. Was also taught from a young age to always be looking for what's behind you. If you are getting plowed over and over again i'd look in the mirror a bit. Literally. In saying that though the damage does look way excessive. And i'd be just as mad.