2021 SCORE Baja 1000 Live Video, Weatherman, Tracking, Updates

DTA 55

RDC Crypto
Two 10's smashed? The 1 hour wasn't enough of a penalty.
IMO someone should have given Thor Herbst a black eye (if that's who was driving, or whoever was driving). Bashing at least a couple 10 cars and causing damage is a bunch of crap. Causing damage to someone elses car doesn't matter to someone like that, no respect.

And on that biker video, I've seen that too... I guess you think 500 should be penalized. To me that was just racing. But what do i know.

Um, no it's not the first time the 1006 pics were posted, but you don't bother looking at previous posts, just blindly spew.

1006 is a single seater so there's nobody keeping an eye behind, but Stan is a stellar driver (and was a way above average moto racer decades ago before becoming a class 12 Champ, just sayin') , and calling Eliseo slow, in so many words, isn't right either, cuz he's for sure fast.
I mean, it's not like it was me driving 1006 or 1075 LOL

Yeah, I'm liking that.... I'm slightly worried about Mint as I'll be a mid-pack (i hope) 10 car at Mint with possibly TT's and TTS's lapping me. I'm not really looking forward to that possibility....
Damn dude. Relax.

No i don't think 500x should be penalized.

It was a much worse outcome though.

The 1075 car really isn't too bad. The other car is worse, looks like they cut some tubes off.

I've been hit way worse twice,, once in the photo I posted earlier and again at the 250 by Pat Dean. He nailed us, thought I was gonna lose teeth. Our air filter was clogged and we were limping, he must of thought we were going faster.

Again, never complained, I thought they were both accidents.

You do realize it is OK for people to have differing opinions right?

It's what makes America great.

Edited to add: I never said or implied either of them were slow. In fact I congratulated 1075 on the 2nd place.

Last edited:

E.Hagle

RDC Crypto
And there is the trade off . Not sure adding a 100 pound bumper is needed but 15-20 lbs might save the day . Need to decide if its a sprint car or a baja 1000 survivor .
Well our team won the Baja 1000 in practically the exact same car

ACME

RDC Crypto
A few thoughts comments RE the nerfing issue:

1) This is a perfect example why a CRB of racers from a variety of classes is needed at events
2) In EVERY form of racing it's always the passing cars responsibility to make a safe pass regardless of electronics
3) You should always give the car in front a warning (horn-bump) and then give them a few seconds to move, but don't expect any racer to wreck their car while getting out of your way. Show some patience
4) Just because of your budget or class, that does not make your race any more important than any other competitor
5) If you believe it's acceptable to "drill" a car in your or any other class for any reason other than the guy rabbited or is excessively blocking, you're wrong

It's interesting that when an incident happens to an 11 car it's a travesty, but one happens to a 10, UTV, 9 or sportsman car and it's seemingly looked at differently? Also interesting when the parties involved have a certain profile, and how that potentially taints the conversations on here...

Last edited:

michael.gonzalez

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
It's interesting that when it happens to an 11 car it's a travesty, but...
I think this is mostly because class 11 is stock rear bumper.

No good place to nerf unlike the other classes.

offroadracer516

RDC Crypto
Website
www.race-dezert.com
A few thoughts comments RE the nerfing issue:

1) This is a perfect example why a CRB of racers from a variety of classes is needed at events
2) In EVERY form of racing it's always the passing cars responsibility to make a safe pass regardless or electronics
3) You should always give the car in front a warning (horn-bump) and then give them a few seconds to move, but don't expect any racer to wreck their car while getting out of your way. Show some patience
4) Just because of your budget or class, that does not make your race any more important than any other competitor
5) If you believe it's acceptable to "drill" a car in your or any other class for any reason other than the guy rabbited or is excessively blocking, you're wrong

It's interesting that when it happens to an 11 car it's a travesty, but it happens to a 10, UTV, 9 or sportsman car and it's seemingly looked at differently? Also interesting when the parties involved have a certain profile, and how that potentially taints the conversations on here...
An 11 car has a deck lid. That's it. Nothing else protecting the engine. You hit it, you go right into the engine unless you are another 11 car than its bumper against bumper. Comparing it to full cage 9, 10's and utv's is literally stupid.

offroadracer516

RDC Crypto
Website
www.race-dezert.com
Not the point I was making and having raced in C-1,1 I totally understand the whys. My point was that it's interesting how certain classes just seem to get less respect than others...
I think its more of a driver thing. I have no issue nurfing people. That's part of this sport. But I don't use people as my brakes or destroy cars when I do it. The damage looks excessive to me in one of the pics for sure.

Bro_Gill

RDC Crypto
I think its more of a driver thing. I have no issue nurfing people. That's part of this sport. But I don't use people as my brakes or destroy cars when I do it. The damage looks excessive to me in one of the pics for sure.
Didn't you complain about a 1600 car getting nerfed at Rage a few years ago when it didn't get out of the way of the lead group of cars that were lapping it??? I seem to remember a call for the driver of the car that caught the slowpoke to be banned from the sport.

baja_racer

RDC Crypto
When you get to the Y in the road, take it!!!
First let me begin with I have no dog in this fight.

The majority of my desert racing career was in 5/16, so I do know about being nerfed. All of my races were 80's through early 2000's and TT's did not exist yet. If memory serves me correct, some bumpers don't match up well creating a few bangs or exiting early with a hurt butt. We expected to be hit and hit often. If we were knocked out of a race we would address the situation with the other team.
A CRB wasn't needed.
In those days there was a certain amount of civility between racers, not sure that can be said today.
Also, I am always reading that Baja is the Wild West, that's what makes it so fun................however, there is a down side.
I hope all the teams involved can work something out, there will be more races.

dan200

#BSF200
RDC Crypto
I am always reading that Baja is the Wild West, that's what makes it so fun.
In the wild west they just went outside, took ten paces and had a gunfight. And they hung people. Good times LOL

Sheepdog

RDC Crypto
I don't know how to do a partial quote, but I wish to echo what ACME said about a safe pass being the responsibility of the racer that is passing in all forms of motorsports.

In some motorsports disciplines, that concept is taken to an extreme- in motorcycle road racing, we're not allowed to have mirrors or brake lights.

In desert racing, I would expect the responsibility for a safe nerf would be on the nerfer, not the nerfee.

offroadracer516

RDC Crypto
Website
www.race-dezert.com
Didn't you complain about a 1600 car getting nerfed at Rage a few years ago when it didn't get out of the way of the lead group of cars that were lapping it??? I seem to remember a call for the driver of the car that caught the slowpoke to be banned from the sport.
Fake news...At least have something legit if you are going to reply....

Sheepdog

RDC Crypto
In the wild west they just went outside, took ten paces and had a gunfight.
Actually, stuff like that was invented by Hollywood.

A good example of that is Wyatt Earp. Most people today that THINK they know about the "gunfight at the OK Corral", are actually just remembering the highly-fictionalized movie "Tombstone", which in turn was based on previous highly-fictionalized movies and ultimately a highly-fictionalized book written shortly after Wyatt died, about 40 years after the fact.

The truth is, Wyatt Earp was not the central figure in that incident, he was not a legendary lawman, and he was not a skilled gunfighter. His brother Virgil was the Tombstone town marshal and a deputy U.S. marshal, and as a former Union soldier in the Civil War, was the only one there with any actual combat experience. Wyatt was mostly a pimp and a livestock thief, and the only shooting he'd ever been involved in prior to this incident, was when he and a group of other men shot at someone who was fleeing, in the dark. A bullet hit the man, but nobody knew who fired it, and although the guy died from it some significant period of time later, he died from infection.

[/threadjack]

Sheepdog

RDC Crypto
hey, in those oil jugs hangin on the rear bumper, i suggest old lucas gear oil, ssssticky -icky
I'd funnel my poop and pee into empty oil containers, and then duct tape them to my back bumper. Preferably from the morning after some really spicy Mexican food and a lot of margaritas.

jon coleman

RDC Crypto
when does this "court" convene?

Attachments

• 5vd70w.jpg
    5vd70w.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 0