2021 SCORE Baja 1000 Live Video, Weatherman, Tracking, Updates

J Prich

RDC Crypto
Actually, stuff like that was invented by Hollywood.

A good example of that is Wyatt Earp. Most people today that THINK they know about the "gunfight at the OK Corral", are actually just remembering the highly-fictionalized movie "Tombstone", which in turn was based on previous highly-fictionalized movies and ultimately a highly-fictionalized book written shortly after Wyatt died, about 40 years after the fact.

The truth is, Wyatt Earp was not the central figure in that incident, he was not a legendary lawman, and he was not a skilled gunfighter. His brother Virgil was the Tombstone town marshal and a deputy U.S. marshal, and as a former Union soldier in the Civil War, was the only one there with any actual combat experience. Wyatt was mostly a pimp and a livestock thief, and the only shooting he'd ever been involved in prior to this incident, was when he and a group of other men shot at someone who was fleeing, in the dark. A bullet hit the man, but nobody knew who fired it, and although the guy died from it some significant period of time later, he died from infection.

[/threadjack]
I was totally cool with all the slander, smack talk, etc here but taking a shot at Tombstone is a bridge too far sir! Say what you will about the real Wyatt Warp, but you leave that gem of a movie out of this!
re GIF

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
I volunteer as public defender.

Quick question as I prepare. Is it a requirement to be a whiny ass bitch as a c10 racer or is it a side effect?

Also side effect for some other racers, like 6100. I can be a whiny ass bitch as well, actually pretty good at it. Hehe

I will say for me Class 10 guys have been a challenge. They do seem to have a chip on thier shoulder and something to prove. Always pickin on 6100 and UTV’s. Haha

I honestly don’t know if that Herbst truck crossed the line and intentionally did that damage. It’s possible they were just pushing and didn’t realize the momentum. Like I said before we have hit other vehicles harder than we meant to and have been hit way harder than those guys meant to.

Ask Terry Householder. He slammed me pretty good in Parker and he didn’t think he hit me at all. Granted I deserved it and was going slow. I had a chance to hit him back and choked.

It’s way harder to gauge closing speed then people think. I give the Herbst truck the benefit of the doubt. They may have not meant it.

Mike aka Whiny ass Bitch

JerryB

RDC Crypto
Nerfing is a part of the sport, but it needs to be done when necessary or asked for (you jackrabbit you own it) and within reason. Without sounding like said whiney biatch, I will make a few assertions I think most could agree with. Like it's been said before, the cool part of the races are we're all up against the same course and challenge regardless of class your in, regardless of your budget, regardless of 1st time out or been at this for 30 years. But with that said I think there should be, and generally speaking i think there is, an expectation that you're not going to end someone else's race for no apparent reason, especially when the other car is not even in your class.

I get the whole conversation about if you can't afford it you need to find another hobby. But I'm that guy so I think I have a little perspective here. I leave the start every time knowing full well the risk of destroying a car that would take me a year to afford to rebuild or replace, as well as the risks to personal safety. This doesn't mean that it's acceptable for someone who's fuel budget alone for a single event, race/chase/helicopter, exceeds most others entire race budget, has the right to drive through the back of their car just because they can, or they had a momentary laps of judgment, or they're mad due to xxxx, whatever their reasoning is. The other team put in just as much work to be there, if not more, as you did and are running their own race, having their own battle.

Was the hour penalty sufficient in this case, I don't know as we haven't heard the other side of this, and I don't expect we will. If it's as stated by those who were hit, then my opinion is no it wasn't. 1 car hit yes good to go, 2 cars hit, (the second multiple times apparently) then i say definitely not enough, should have been DQ.

Sheepdog

RDC Crypto
I was totally cool with all the slander, smack talk, etc here but taking a shot at Tombstone is a bridge too far sir! Say what you will about the real Wyatt Warp, but you leave that gem of a movie out of this!
re GIF
The movie was entertaining, I'll give you that.

If it makes you feel any better, John Henry "Doc" Holliday was an actual doctor- he was a dentist from age 21. He caught TB while caring for his mother, who was dying from TB, which ruined his dental practice. John really was the most dangerous person there, mostly because he already knew that it wasn't going to be long before the TB killed him. That's why Virgil handed him the side-by-side coach gun, much like depicted in the movie- Virgil was hoping to avoid a gunfight, and hoping that if the Cowboys saw the most dangerous man carrying the most deadly firearm by far, that they would be more likely to surrender. It didn't work out.

E.Hagle

RDC Crypto
We had a little run in with Duran 1016 towards the end of the race. We ran as hard as we could through the Constitucíon area and went for miles wide open eventually in blinding dust hoping to catch them (and not die). My corider hit the PTP button but the other team claims we never did. They checked up and we bumped them due to the fact that we were matching their pace and glued to their ass to avoid the dust. They went straight into a cactus on the edge of the course which sucked because our car and bodies were filled with cactus needles. We talked it out and explained each other sides and we’re moving past it. They apparently had issues electronically somewhere after the run in.

Before we spoke they claimed we nailed them at 70mph out of the blue with no warning, but in that same video their rear end looked clean as a whistle as well as our front end being in perfect shape. Emotions were high at this race. I was in tears in my helmet when we hit the pavement a few miles from the finish line.

Total accident and it’s unfortunate. I’m sure if you contacted the driver of the spec truck he’d have something to say that would change your perspective a tad, although currently I can’t see a reason to collapse someone’s car when you’re running way, way in the back of your field.

The whole point of this story is to show that there are intentional contacts and unintentional. Everyone is running on their high alert lizard brain and poop happens when you’re out doing battle on course. There’s a line that this guy clearly crossed but maybe from his drivers seat there’s another perspective.

Rcamp99

RDC Crypto
First of all I don't care if he was penalized 1 hour or more since we are NOT ON THE SAME CLASS, we lost around 30 minutes doing repairs in not only one pit it was 3 pits since we had to improvise and get creative to fix on the next stop, I believe Willert lost more time and even had to cut the rear bumper top tube.

I think we got lucky this time compared to what Jeff Proctor on the Honda truck did to us at the 2020 Baja 1000, we lost exhaust, belt tensioner mount, engine top mount, broken alternator mount, bent rear cage and the worst was he hit our left rear tire sideways damaging our hub and we lost the rear left tire, it cost us around 10k to fix and ruined our race.

I am not against nerfing but people needs to understand how to do it without damaging the slower car, nerfing is a warning bump to get out of the way, that's it.
Sounds like you guys need to watch mirrors better if this happens that much. Quieter Exhaust so you can hear people…. Something

im in a slower car that makes just enough dust to be annoying to a fast vehicle. I HEAR fast vehicles long before we ever see them. Once they are on our ass, we pull right over. No chance of a hit. Rear view camera mounted as high as possible will help you guys not get plowed by fast guys who had issues early in trying to make up time. Repeatedly see how early in the race this was being used to make it sound worse….. sounds like the 6100 also had another 1000 miles to make up time also…..

Last edited:

jon coleman

RDC Crypto
i want to hear about those cls 11 brutes, i heard they were punting cars left& right, ( i want to hear their driving techniques for all the crap ' purpose built off road race cars' get stuck in

43mod

RDC Crypto
Yep our car 524 suffered some damage from a bit of a bump in dust/silt/fog/jackrabbit utv/ oh crap moment . Got to change a few parts later on as the bent stuff kept bending more . Great guys who brought a well prepped car . Glad to be there to assist but not as good as wearing out a driver's suit . Sure was hoping there would be some canceled lapaz rooms on rdc ! Got to sleep w my good buddy in the 1000 peso / 4 hrs hotel for the night 😱 .

jon coleman

RDC Crypto
to bad it wasnt a toyota, cut away the metal off the tires& you coulda drove it home😉( great picture to show newbee when they ask ' whats the baja 1000 like??'

EasyE

RDC Crypto
Talked to a fella close to the offending race rig . Guy w pickup said i effed up and am sorry .
he misunderstood.. I think he said “I’m effed up” … there is as a medic truck on scene I’m guessing things were a bit more serious. I don’t care who’s at fault I hope the 138 covers the cost of the truck. It’s worth what, set of 40” tires?