2021 SCORE Baja 400 Live Video, Weatherman, Tracking, Updates

E.Hagle

RDC Crypto
Does anyone know what caused the bottleneck around mile 200? I saw it on the hourly updates after the race but never heard a peep about it. Lucky for us our car made it to the driver change at check 2. I feel bad for whoever got caught up in that. Also what ever happened to Stan Potter 1006?

Big Whitey

RDC Crypto
Does anyone know what caused the bottleneck around mile 200? I saw it on the hourly updates after the race but never heard a peep about it. Lucky for us our car made it to the driver change at check 2. I feel bad for whoever got caught up in that. Also what ever happened to Stan Potter 1006?
From what my son saw when he went by it seemed that a big rock was kinda blocking the course and a 10 car was still sitting on a rock/ tree or both. Your car was looking good when you went by me at 230ish

E.Hagle

RDC Crypto
From what my son saw when he went by it seemed that a big rock was kinda blocking the course and a 10 car was still sitting on a rock/ tree or both. Your car was looking good when you went by me at 230ish
Thanks. My brother ran the first stint and he did a good job of making passes and not abusing the car too much. He was definitely the MVP of the race. I got in and only had one job, didn’t see a single vehicle until almost the end of the race. Luckily I was able to make up about an 8 mile gap on the leader and we barely won on corrected time. Class 10 is competitive and takes some luck.

offroadracer516

RDC Crypto
Website
www.race-dezert.com
But how did you finish those races???
I have started first and been the 1st car on the road multiple laps into rage and bap. The pace is no different from qualifying to the race. We got 3rd rage 2017 with 55 cars. 3rd bap 2018 with 32 cars. Both were back to back poles. We did it again at rage 2018 taking the pole but I had some issues that race and a bunch of bad lack after that we finally turned around at bap last year coming home 2nd place after qualifying 3rd. I have a few podiums at bap and rage. Very few have won ether of them. Im still trying to win both. Throwing a bunch of effort at winning it this year. We shell see how it goes. I will be trying to go faster that's for sure :)

Attachments

• 47681289_1962926827093949_5310288751501508608_n.jpg
    47681289_1962926827093949_5310288751501508608_n.jpg
    512.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

ErickK

RDC Crypto
We got stuck in it. UTV punted a 10car into the wash on the right. Both got balled up and back end of the 10 was blocking course until it was pushed off. From then on it was a sketchy train of dust over the crossover road.

mxben

Solutions
RDC Crypto
I have started first and been the 1st car on the road multiple laps into rage and bap. The pace is no different from qualifying to the race. We got 3rd rage 2017 with 55 cars. 3rd bap 2018 with 32 cars. Both were back to back poles. We did it again at rage 2018 taking the pole but I had some issues that race and a bunch of bad lack after that we finally turned around at bap last year coming home 2nd place after qualifying 3rd. I have a few podiums at bap and rage. Very few have won ether of them. Im still trying to win both. Throwing a bunch of effort at winning it this year. We shell see how it goes. I will be trying to go faster that's for sure :)

WHO ARE YOU EVEN ARGUING WITH HOLY SMOKES DUDE TAKE A LAP

J Prich

RDC Crypto
Just wanted to add that Bryce’s recap video provides visual reference for a lot of the conversation about how hard it is/was to pass, on this course at least. A lot of narrow, single line stuff it looked like.

Dirtman

RDC Crypto
Sorry, cant help but take the bait. Ask Rob Mac (who has won many 1600 races with up to 70 cars in class) if its just as easy to pass in a faster, heavier, larger vehicle class. 1600 cars can be flung all over the place at relatively slow speeds and are super narrow to fit in between another vehicle and the boulder to the left of the road. Not dinging 1600 racers they drive hard with what they got but it is silly to compare to a class 10, 1, or big truck.

Big Whitey

RDC Crypto
I think some of the point has been lost here. If I drive a class 11 I’m worried about passing others in my class. same goes w 1600, 5U, 10, spec, TT, we all have dust. Most of us prerun and hopefully look for spots to make the hard to make pass. I know a TT puts up more dust than a smaller car but when my catch blows out due to a pinch I don’t really care who’s dust is worse, other than its more dirt to hose off later