2021 SCORE Baja 500 Live Video, Weatherman, Tracking, Updates

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
I get why Dan made the comment and then deleted it. It’s hard to deal with the key board warriors that have no idea what it’s like in a truck during a race. I type a lot of stuff and then delete it. Haha and I am way less politically correct than Dan or any Mcmillin. LOL

Mike

Tube ride

RDC Crypto
3ED7FD8A-27AC-434A-BF8F-AC90C2A108C2.jpeg

J Prich

RDC Crypto
In fairness, over half of the guys racing TT's also don't know what it's like to be behind the wheel of a TT racing for the overall in Baja, lol. I'm currently tied with roughly 75% of all TT drivers for number of wins/overalls in a TT.

Fair point about keyboard warriors or whatever but it's the internet. That's literally what the internet is.

champtruck77

RDC Crypto
he blew the turn (driver error) he should have reversed back to were he left the course and rejoined
i am pretty sure most USA orgs would have DQ me if i done the same thing
(i am a McMillian fan)

there is no such a thing as reverse in motorsports, Andy is at your back, no time to lose. Don´t missunderstand me. I care for the fans, but if luke would had reversed he would had lost the race. These days off road is a battle, so much competition, races are decided by seconds. Fans are making the sport a mess, they don´t give space for racing. Tell me, it is necessary to bring kids to the races; it is necessary to be drunk in a race; it is necessary to have a tent so close to the race line. Think about it. I´ve been a standers watching baja races since 30 years ago, I go and take care of myself and other too, because I know there are people that don´t know what´s going on when the race is on. If you go to a race as a fanatic and something happen to you, it is your fault cause you are there interfering. That was no Luke fault.

What Andy Mcmillin did at the highway is totally diferent, nerfing a local´s car, that´s no racing, that is bad. That´s why he got a 30 minute penalty, and we are leaving aside the Ampudia roll over.

rustyb

RDC Crypto
I am not trying to be elitist here, but how many of you on here complaining about poor coverage, delayed results, etc, have been to a Baja Race? Mexico is a third world country, people, nothing works the way it should, communication is sketchy, the water runs out while you’re in the shower, the cops are corrupt, the highways horrible, the food can make you sick, you better not drink the water, medical facilities are few and far between, today means tomorrow if you’re lucky, the best-laid plans are useless once the mayhem starts. Any coverage we get is a plus.

And why do we want it to get better coverage, become more well-known, attract more sponsors, etc? Growth isn’t always good. Seems to me there are enough competitors already. Yes, the elite race SCORE, but it’s also a place where some old slow schmuck like me can spend too much money and too much time in the garage and come down and for a few days forget about everything else and have the adventure of a lifetime.

mexgamer

RDC Crypto
While on the highway, you must obey the traffic laws, it’s on the rule book, isn’t it?
forcing cars off the highway while driving on the wrong side would be a felony in CA? At least a misdemeanor. It cannot be tolerated. The worst offender was the pit crew, and while the driver of record wasn’t at fault, a penalty for the whole team is fair (and the team should fire the driver of the chase truck)
Running over tents doesn’t look good for the sport, no one should assume they are empty, it’s bad, really bad. Especially because it was his own fault…
Then we have the Ampudia incident, soon we will have pit zones like in BITD to avoid just that. The old days of Baja racing are gone, and the top dogs are at fault too (but also environmental laws, irresponsible fans, ejidos, local government, etc, but the top drivers arent helping)

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Come on. SCORE is a big business that charges a lot of money for these races. I have been to Mexico and get that it’s pretty much a 3rd world country. But that does not give SCORE an excuse to not have live tracking and split time for checkpoints. That pretty easy to fix.

I get the time to do a review. But that’s not what I am others are complaining about. They need real
Time unofficial results.

Mike

JCAraiza

RDC Crypto
Website
www.digibaja.com
This is not the way an elite athlete should behave under any circumstances, and leading a race shouldn't be the excuse to behave this way.

On Luke's video you can clearly observe how the spectator is making NO signs to Luke and he didn't care, he should get a DQ no matter what.

On Andy's video he made the guy in the little red car go out of the road, totally unacceptable and should get a DQ and a fine from the authorities.

Drivers and teams should behave accordingly, and they should get sanctioned accordingly as well.

stephenrjking

RDC Crypto
I am not trying to be elitist here, but how many of you on here complaining about poor coverage, delayed results, etc, have been to a Baja Race? Mexico is a third world country, people, nothing works the way it should, communication is sketchy, the water runs out while you’re in the shower, the cops are corrupt, the highways horrible, the food can make you sick, you better not drink the water, medical facilities are few and far between, today means tomorrow if you’re lucky, the best-laid plans are useless once the mayhem starts. Any coverage we get is a plus.
I think I, for one, have clearly differentiated between the real logistical limitations that currently hamper coverage in Baja and the substandard use of the resources that do exist.

Running commercials while the first trucks are arriving, failing to use camera shots that are available to show them arrive, ignoring their times of arrival: these are not limitations of racing in Baja. These are simple tools that are already available to SCORE that they fail to use. Nothing stopped SCORE from showing Luke and Andy arrive at the finish except their own broadcast decisions.

Baja Belk

RDC Crypto
I have an important question: did Andy even make contact with the blue SUV on the highway? It didn't look like it to me. If he did it was barely a tap since he essentially got brake-checked. Everyone on here claiming an "aggressive nerf" doesn't know WTF they are talking about and they are pouring fuel on a non-existent fire. In the hierarchy of egregious and dangerous moves it's emphatically:

1) Chase truck idiot (ban for life)
2) Tent massacre (though I can relate to Luke's thought process given the body language he saw in the heat of the moment - tough situation)
3) *Un-filmed*
4) *Un-filmed*
76) Andy passing on the highway

If Andy gets a 30 minute penalty for his situation and Luke get's nothing or less than 30 min and wins.......man, I objectively disagree. I can see both their points of view, from experience, but if both are going to get penalized I think Luke's should be more severe.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Really? You only have race once in baja, and now you are an expert. You are always afraid of coming to baja.

Come and race local off road events and see if we are 3rd world country.

not sure why you have a stick up your butt

We have raced 3 races in Baja. I am in Baja right now as I type this. Am I a expert, no. But I know that SCORE can do a way better job.

Only reason we were worried about coming to Baja was during Covid. There was a real concern about crime during those months.

Mike

champtruck77

RDC Crypto
These are my conclusions on the controversial issues.

First: Luke McMillin is the Baja 500 winner (no one was hurt in the end, no need to take time away).

Second: Andy McMillin should be disqualified for violating Score highway rules). You don´t nerf a local car.

Third: Chase truck driver must be fined by the local authorities; the racers are not to blame for what a member of their team does.

Sdracer

RDC Crypto
Does anyone have a photo of Andy’s bumper? Ampudia's front was thrashed, but I imagine that had to be from a rock.
The damage to the front bumper was from the roll. His rear tire caught the rock and that is what initiated the 360. The #10 did not hit the #31 truck THAT hard to fold the bumper as it did.
However, that rock did not move an inch. It tore the entire upper link tabs off of the chassis on the passenger side. Gnarly impact! That chassis will have to go back on the table.

J Prich

RDC Crypto
What penalty, if any, did SCORE assess BJ for the pop up tent deal? I don't recall if they even penalized him for that.

y2kbaja

RDC Crypto
(If) #31 didn't touch the locals car.
#1 did damage personal property. There is a difference.
Driver of record is responsible for their crew and their actions. Race car should face penalty and driver of chase truck should fined by local authorities.