2021 SCORE Baja 500 Live Video, Weatherman, Tracking, Updates

pdailey

Pug Dad
RDC Crypto
ok Honda no. America, 4 in a row, like motocross,time to jump up a class, 6100?,tt?,good job PD& crewđź‘Ť
We would love to race 6100. Dave Cole let us at KOH and it was great. It'w where we belong speed wise. We're handcuffed in Class 7 because we have to run the Honda motor for obvious reasons. We'd race TT but getting 1000 horsepower out of it in a small V6 and have it live for 1200 miles in a desert truck would be pretty tough.

rustyb

RDC Crypto
Come on. SCORE is a big business that charges a lot of money for these races. I have been to Mexico and get that it’s pretty much a 3rd world country. But that does not give SCORE an excuse to not have live tracking and split time for checkpoints. That pretty easy to fix.

I get the time to do a review. But that’s not what I am others are complaining about. They need real
Time unofficial results.

Mike

I think I, for one, have clearly differentiated between the real logistical limitations that currently hamper coverage in Baja and the substandard use of the resources that do exist.

Running commercials while the first trucks are arriving, failing to use camera shots that are available to show them arrive, ignoring their times of arrival: these are not limitations of racing in Baja. These are simple tools that are already available to SCORE that they fail to use. Nothing stopped SCORE from showing Luke and Andy arrive at the finish except their own broadcast decisions.
OK, I accept your points, I should have said that I’m tired of the long threads complaining about the coverage after every race. Maybe next time we can have one thread to talk about the race and one for how bad the coverage is.

AZ7000'

RDC Crypto
Those tents needed killin’
TT's don't kill people....

Barely a tap? Guessing they aren't loaded and left the escalade at home. Off road is why many of us go down there, a PITA for some of the local residents. There is no way whoever was driving that rig deserved to get "a tap" from a rich American. I am not saying Andy is a bad guy but that local didn't deserve either a tap or a 900hp Redbull inches off their 6...

It didn't look like it to me. If he did it was barely a tap since he essentially got brake-checked.

mexgamer

RDC Crypto
Remember when at the 2007 Baja 250 (not in San Felipe, but the one that finished in Santo Tomas) Mark Post failed to comply when officers tried to stop him for speeding and at the finish line Federales had to stop him at gunpoint? (This would be a felony in the US) Back in the day when everyone broke the highway speed rules, and SCORE didn’t do anything about it? (Alan Pflueger won but SCORE gave back the win to Mark) The Riviera team even promoted and bragged about this on their Above the Law film. Yes, back then this was normal…. Times have changed people, you keep doing this and racing in Baja is dead.
Was it 2008 when SCORE finally decided to enforce the speed zone rules? I remember it was at the 500 too, when most competitors got penalties and everyone was pissed because SCORE finally decided to enforce the rules (I suspect the Mark Post incident had something to do here)
What was Roger Norman’s main objective when he bought SCORE? Safety
Roger had ran over a bike, remember? It wasn’t his fault but he took that to heart. This is why he started giving a bigger gap between bikes and trucks (and the reason for the sportsman short cut as well). I foresee this to be another breaking point in safety, people will get pissed but I think Roger will ultimately decide to put the hammer down.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
We would love to race 6100. Dave Cole let us at KOH and it was great. It'w where we belong speed wise. We're handcuffed in Class 7 because we have to run the Honda motor for obvious reasons. We'd race TT but getting 1000 horsepower out of it in a small V6 and have it live for 1200 miles in a desert truck would be pretty tough.

Love you guys but no reason your turbo honda should race in 6100. Sorry. Haha. Pretty soon the fast UTV guys will be saying they deserve to race in 6100. LOL.

Mike

GoonRdc760

RDC Crypto
Pulled these photos from @TrophyBurro on IG. Caption mentioned that a utv was the possible culprit in this incident. Nothing concrete yet

Attachments

• DAFBB2F9-A7FA-475B-A47D-995A8DEF5E2C.jpeg
    DAFBB2F9-A7FA-475B-A47D-995A8DEF5E2C.jpeg
    210.6 KB · Views: 217
  • 6A275C1C-C7BF-4BD4-B352-8D5A512FF517.jpeg
    6A275C1C-C7BF-4BD4-B352-8D5A512FF517.jpeg
    141.8 KB · Views: 220

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Come on Michael

you think a forced induction that can make over 800hp should get to race with 525hp v8’s? That’s the dumbest thing I have heard about spec truck racing. What’s the point of spec when you can run whatever you want?

Man why is it so hard to understand spec racing. It’s a spec that should be enforced and the same for everyone. Not special rules for some teams.

Mike

10 shot

RDC Crypto
Well when all the 10 cars are sitting in a bottle neck waiting for 45 min and the utv class is coming at them full speed still yea the utv class kinda caught the class 10 guys. Lol I thought we had this squashed after the koh grudge match and the utv horribly lost but I guess it's back already! 🤣

michael.gonzalez

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
Well when all the 10 cars are sitting in a bottle neck waiting for 45 min and the utv class is coming at them full speed still yea the utv class kinda caught the class 10 guys. Lol I thought we had this squashed after the koh grudge match and the utv horribly lost but I guess it's back already! 🤣
Yeah yeah.... excuses ;)

Old Truck Guy

RDC Crypto
Seems like everyone is coming down on Luke for being OFF course but remember the COURSE GOES 75 FEET, LEFT OR RIGHT OF CENTERLINE. I agree to a certain extent but the Spectators are ON THE COURSE!!!! I'm not saying he has the right to plow over people (he didn't) but he was very slow and kept burping the throttle to get attention that he was going through that area. He did proceed when the person started to move the tent.
Sorry in advance for the manifesto, but lets look at the cause of the predicament Luke found himself in...

Great observation. IMO, the centerline of the race course referenced in the SCORE rule book carries minimum weight here, hence the crowds lined up adjacent to the race course on race day. Look at Zoo road. Holy crap! There are thousands of spectators there, just ripe for the picking. You'd never see that in the states anymore.
It is evident based on the proximity of the spectators to the course that they were much closer than the rule book allows (75' as you stated). Shame on SCORE for that. BITD does a full sweep of the course prior to the start of an event and runs off ANYBODY not in an authorized spectator zone unless they have credentials allowing them access, and even then there are still protocols to avoid an incident. It's not Luke's fault that fans were in his way. It's Luke's fault that once he noticed he was off of the racing line, he chose to pass through the camp instead of back tracking 100 yards or so to get back in the groove.

I can only assume that the money SCORE pays to the corrupted Mexican govt to allow the land to be used gives SCORE a certain amount of protection that they could not buy here in the states. Otherwise, SCORE would do a pre race run along the course to clear the racing line to avoid costly litigation in the case of a racer/spectator incident.

Look no further than the 2010 incident in Johnson Valley. Nearly 6 million was paid out in a lawsuit to the surviving families. $5,000,000 by the BLM, and $1,000,000 by Mojave Desert Racing Inc (the max allowed via their insurance binder). In Mexico, good luck suing the govt or a govt protected entity (SCORE, in this instance) for anything.

If those litigious threats were in place in Mexico, rest assured that SCORE would have given more attention to spectators along the course. In this case, SCORE anonymously passes the safety of the crowds along to the racers. Case in point: Why do you think that the Herbst family immediately flew their driver north of the border following the 2018 San Felipe tragedy? He left the scene of an accident where death or injury occurred, and the wealth of his family would have been the focus of financial retributions. I expect their lawyers negotiated a settlement much less than the ransom they would have had to pay to have their driver released from a Mexican jail.

I suppose it is part of the thrill in spectating Baja races. Find a good location. Park. Camp. Enjoy.

Total Loss

RDC Crypto
Remember when at the 2007 Baja 250 (not in San Felipe, but the one that finished in Santo Tomas) Mark Post failed to comply when officers tried to stop him for speeding and at the finish line Federales had to stop him at gunpoint? (This would be a felony in the US) Back in the day when everyone broke the highway speed rules, and SCORE didn’t do anything about it? (Alan Pflueger won but SCORE gave back the win to Mark) The Riviera team even promoted and bragged about this on their Above the Law film. Yes, back then this was normal…. Times have changed people, you keep doing this and racing in Baja is dead.
Was it 2008 when SCORE finally decided to enforce the speed zone rules? I remember it was at the 500 too, when most competitors got penalties and everyone was pissed because SCORE finally decided to enforce the rules (I suspect the Mark Post incident had something to do here)
What was Roger Norman’s main objective when he bought SCORE? Safety
Roger had ran over a bike, remember? It wasn’t his fault but he took that to heart. This is why he started giving a bigger gap between bikes and trucks (and the reason for the sportsman short cut as well). I foresee this to be another breaking point in safety, people will get pissed but I think Roger will ultimately decide to put the hammer down.
You beat me to that Post deal...remember it well...I was chasing that race...
You said it a lot more diplomatically than I would have.
Something along the lines of...Andy is lucky he didnt get sent to the slammer at gunpoint like Mark Post...

Always craziness in Baja...

champtruck77

RDC Crypto
Hola Pat, let me tell you that your honda truck is great; looks and sounds great; easily can compete in the 6100 class (spec tt); actually I´d love to see it racing with trophy trucks.