2021 SCORE Baja 500 Live Video, Weatherman, Tracking, Updates

Tube ride

RDC Crypto
The YouTube channel CN Tatul is the people in the red car their video and testimonial of nearly getting smashed . Someone needs to translate it . At the very least the guy in the white truck should switch titles and vehicles with the family he almost killed.

Last edited:

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Not that my opinion matters but I think a DQ for Luke was excessive. He was told by the guy there to go. He had permission to run over the tent. Was it a smart move? Not sure but it sure does not deserve a DQ.

Mike

NIKAL

RDC Crypto
The YouTube channel CN Tatul is the people in the red car their video and testimonial of nearly getting smashed . Someone needs to translate it . At the very least the guy in the white truck should switch titles and vehicles with the family he almost killed.

Curtis Guise

Administrator
RDC Crypto
Website
www.offroadaction.com
Definitely the TMZ of off-road.

16597072862_6a024dcf20_o.gif
🤷🏻‍♂️
657BC583-58A0-448D-BE57-AF7289C315F2.jpeg

Total Loss

RDC Crypto
Not that my opinion matters but I think a DQ for Luke was excessive. He was told by the guy there to go. He had permission to run over the tent. Was it a smart move? Not sure but it sure does not deserve a DQ.

Mike
Agree...not sure how that differs from Andy's nerf for a 30 min...not really consistent.
No points?
At least we have a decision...finally.
Lots of unhappy folks right now...
Way it goes sometimes.
We had a legitimate protest in our last race with video...we were told to pound sand...get over it or race elsewhere...simple.

critter81

RDC Crypto
Score "insurance" covers you to 60' off centerline of course. now, you can be 120' from a vcp and still ping it.
Edit; the other end of that other road, maybe 750'-1000' from the tent incident, was fenced off Outbound in the morning.
not sure why that end wasn't.
So I am confused....Is the race course 60' off center? and if that is the case then someone got a DQ for running over a tent that was on the race course? Or is the course 10 feet wide but insurance covers you for accidents up to 60 feet?

me_be_db1

RDC Crypto
So I am confused....Is the race course 60' off center? and if that is the case then someone got a DQ for running over a tent that was on the race course? Or is the course 10 feet wide but insurance covers you for accidents up to 60 feet?

See page 6&7 of the Racer Brief.
6-11 Course Compliance, In Bold below the Stella info... 60' from center...
6-15 Virtual Checkpoints. most VCP's are 120' but when inbound and out bound are
close to one another, or they want to control you in a certain area, they'll letter them and only allow 40' off center.

Edit; It really blows my mind how many racers don't red all this stuff.
It's like the 10's catching Specs on the pavement at the start. They didn't pay attention to
the race file and see that Outbound was wide open, and IB was a speed zone from prior to reaching the pavement.

Last edited:

GBRACER

RDC Crypto
Soooooo ? what was the issue with the 1600 class anyone know?

Attachments

• 1623766644133.png
    1623766644133.png
    364.8 KB · Views: 187

BigBlue&Goldie

RDC Crypto
Race results aside, the messed up part is there are most definitely people reading this thread or viewing posts on social media who know the driver of this chase truck. In my opinion, SCORE needs to step up and either hold the guy accountable or make make it right as an organization with the locals who got hit. By turning a blind eye, we ALL look like jerks.

Rcamp99

RDC Crypto
Race results aside, the messed up part is there are most definitely people reading this thread or viewing posts on social media who know the driver of this chase truck. In my opinion, SCORE needs to step up and either hold the guy accountable or make make it right as an organization with the locals who got hit. By turning a blind eye, we ALL look like jerks.
He goes by racer services. He preps for a lot of teams, and did some for cantina as well. It’s posted all over social media now haha.

BajaFand

RDC Crypto
Unfricking believable. Just when you think SCORE cant be any more retarded, they step up their game, Cantina needed the DQ, Luke deserved a penalty but a DQ is ovefboard IMO.
WTF happened to TAVO?
Why do you feel Cantina needed the DQ without any sufficient evidence that ties the chase truck to Cantina except that they were following one of their trucks. Yes the Ford passing in that video was a little dicey (not bad in comparison) but honestly who here that has chased in Baja can say they haven’t made a close “radio pass” before? I can tell you that my brother was with a team staying at the same hotel as Cantina and set up right next to them and there was not a single Chevy in the Cantina group according to him, all Fords. He definitely never saw the Chevy in question there.

it’s unfortunate there’s no identifiable markings or decals or race numbers to find out who that truck is with. By the video there’s no way to say who that is, but someone in our community definitely knows.

J Prich

RDC Crypto
Not to beat a dead horse but given the amount of continued beatings already delivered here...I think much of what has gone on over the last few days could have been dramatically reduced with more effective communication from Score.
If they provided a very simple explanation of what they based Andy and Luke’s penalties on and explained even just a bit about what was going on with the chase truck deal, it would have alleviated a ton of all the speculation and finger pointing that has followed here.

It’s PR 101....if you don’t address issues and provide information, you leave it to others to form their own conclusions and that’s almost always a very bad strategy.

mexgamer

RDC Crypto
Both Andy and Luke have accepted the penalties, are they upset? Maybe, but I also think they know they could have acted differently. This is 2021, everyone has a smart phone and you have to know you will get caught if you do something stupid. I’m sure they are mad at themselves more than they are at SCORE. They will continue racing SCORE, so everyone here getting all upset really is for nothing. The parties involved have admitted their fault and moved on. Good news is Larry won! He still has got it, a true legend.

critter81

RDC Crypto

See page 6&7 of the Racer Brief.
6-11 Course Compliance, In Bold below the Stella info... 60' from center...
6-15 Virtual Checkpoints. most VCP's are 120' but when inbound and out bound are
close to one another, or they want to control you in a certain area, they'll letter them and only allow 40' off center.

Edit; It really blows my mind how many racers don't red all this stuff.
It's like the 10's catching Specs on the pavement at the start. They didn't pay attention to
the race file and see that Outbound was wide open, and IB was a speed zone from prior to reaching the pavement.
So if the course is 60' from center and that is what is negotiated with the land ower's IE Government or Private, you mean someone got a DQ for running over a tent that was on the course? This is my point.... SCORE and the Government need to enforce the 60 foot agreement... There are only a few high traffic area's that need to be policed and fine a few people or put them in the pokey for 2 weeks and see if that does not fix the problem in a hurry... and yes this can be done, many other orgs do this...

E motorsports

RDC Crypto
So if the course is 60' from center and that is what is negotiated with the land ower's IE Government or Private, you mean someone got a DQ for running over a tent that was on the course? This is my point.... SCORE and the Government need to enforce the 60 foot agreement... There are only a few high traffic area's that need to be policed and fine a few people or put them in the pokey for 2 weeks and see if that does not fix the problem in a hurry... and yes this can be done, many other orgs do this...
in the tent video an orange snow fence can be seen. the question is was the snow fence official course marking or was it installed by the spectators?
if it was an official course marking then there is no deviation of the course through that area. the general rule of thumb is 60' off center but in some cases no deviation is allowed as in the case of wildlife study areas (WSA). Southern Nevada often has no deviation rules at the demand of the BLM.
if it was official course marking there would also be penalty for the conscious decision to intentionally run over said markings.