2021 SCORE Baja 500 Live Video, Weatherman, Tracking, Updates

J Prich

RDC Crypto
Watch the tent video again. Andy actually runs over two tents. There could have been a baby sleeping in the second one, nobody could have known for sure.
Luke...

This unintentionally shows how easily things get misconstrued in internet land. And is all the more reason why Score should be communicating more effectively. RDC and FishGistics shouldn’t be the best source of info regarding Score events. Their lack of communication creates these environments IMO.

jon coleman

RDC Crypto
i believe All race sanctioning bodys have the ' catch all' rule in there rules& regs. book,( paraphrase) ' as the race sanctioning body, Whatever we decide is the final word, written or un written,' means they Do Not have to point out Any actual written rule violation to boot a racer out.harsh reality, any racer whose been around long enough should allready know this unwritten catch all rule.

Tube ride

RDC Crypto
4A4C71B7-8F31-4720-B9E9-68C58C796B03.jpeg
Score be like .

DanMcMillin

Crane Motorsports
RDC Crypto
The driver of the chase truck was identified 5 min after I posted the video, he has been in contact with myself and SCORE and he is going to make it right. Stay tuned tomorrow to see what i'm talking about.......don't worry he learned his lesson and he's NOT a Baja rookie either......

Oh, great! Glad he's making it right.

Luke apologized to the campers too and is buying them new stuff, and still got DQ'd... BUT THANK GOD THE CHASE TRUCK GUY IS SAYING SORRY.

What a joke.

Little to no consistency with SCORE and the CRB. Jose G so adamant about identifying and disqualifying the team on Facebook, too. I don’t understand.

Last edited:

Curtis Guise

Administrator
RDC Crypto
Website
www.offroadaction.com
Have you read this thread? Lol. Like I’ve said 100 times, when you leave an information void, people will fill it one way or another. 9.9 times out of 10 that is a losing strategy.

Yes in the forum and on social media that can easily happen and does all the time (user driven content). And then theres the other parts of RDC with great sources of info (Homepage articles and press releases, our results and maps section). I do get what you are saying though about the original source (SCORE in this case) about not putting out info to begin with and the masses coming to their own conclusions...

critter81

RDC Crypto
I think you have been misapplying the course width rule.

The context appears to matter a great deal here. The 60 foot rule exists within the context of the course complian proviso that governs course deviations. You know, shortcuts and such. It further references insurance, warning that significant deviations outside of the 60-foot limit are not covered by the race's insurance. It does not say that spectators should not be within 60 feet of the centerline of a course that is laid out over a discrete road, and it would be unreasonable to expect that to be the case. This is simply not a defense.

There are separate regulations that instruct drivers to use caution and to expect the unexpected, which is unsurprising. 6-28 says this: "Race competitors engaging in intentional and/or direct physical contact with a spectator or spectator’s property may incur penalties at the discretion of the Race Director."

A TT making a slight mistake and hitting a spectator vehicle is an entirely different scenario. That's a racing accident, and the vehicle is in an at-risk position. It is clearly not the same thing. Yes, there is some risk being near the race course, but what Luke did was not at speed and he had time to make a different choice and did not.

The key here is that it is true that spectators may do some things that are personally risky. That might need to be mitigated a bit, though there's a limit to how much. But what can definitely be done, and what needs to be done, is to limit the controllable risky behavior of race participants.
My point being that SCORE and the local officials need to determine what is race course and what is not.... They need to rangle in the participants and the racers and get everyone on the same page... clearly that has not happened in the past....I am saying the rule book is not effective and needs to be cleared up with both the racers AND the fans. Unless the rule book is cleared up and the participants and fans are brought up to speed then we will have more incidents like this... My point also is the there should be no difference in a car parked on the outside of a turn where it can get hit and a tent on the edge of a road, both are too close and it's SCORE and the local government that need to get together and clean up the rule book and push the spectators back... or there will be more problems.. In both cases under discussion here you cannot make the course more narrow......

J Prich

RDC Crypto
Yes in the forum and on social media that can easily happen and does all the time (user driven content). And then theres the other parts of RDC with great sources of info (Homepage articles and press releases, our results and maps section). I do get what you are saying though about the original source (SCORE in this case) about not putting out info to begin with and the masses coming to their own conclusions...
Yeah to be clear my comment was not intended as a knock on RDC or Fishgistics. Just to say that if I'm SCORE and trying to paint my org as the premier off road racing promoter around, I probably would prefer people get info about our events from us first...rather than speculate about it all on internet outlets. Not a knock on anyone but SCORE for leaving a void for this stuff to taint their org.

J Prich

RDC Crypto
My point being that SCORE and the local officials need to determine what is race course and what is not.... They need to rangle in the participants and the racers and get everyone on the same page... clearly that has not happened in the past....I am saying the rule book is not effective and needs to be cleared up with both the racers AND the fans. Unless the rule book is cleared up and the participants and fans are brought up to speed then we will have more incidents like this... My point also is the there should be no difference in a car parked on the outside of a turn where it can get hit and a tent on the edge of a road, both are too close and it's SCORE and the local government that need to get together and clean up the rule book and push the spectators back... or there will be more problems.. In both cases under discussion here you cannot make the course more narrow......
I get what you're saying and don't disagree but in reality, there is no such thing as a "fan" rule book in Baja. No amount of rule clarification is going to keep Baja spectators from doing what they have always done. The only way is to commit massive resources to crowd control in problem areas. As long as people have the freedom to do what they want, they will. Better served to continue to clarify expectations to racers so that there is no ambiguity when these kinds of situations happen in the future, in my opinion.

critter81

RDC Crypto
So years ago they had trouble with this at the IOMTT and they fenced off areas and then arrested people....I think if you fence off some areas that could be problems then then tossed a few people in the pokey for a couple of nights it would get the point across real quick.... You cannot rely 100% on racers I think both parties need to be more responsible

michael.gonzalez

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
I would sure hope the “top drivers” in the sport don’t need specific wording when it comes to safety and running over peoples camp sites. 🤪
Sure, we hope they don't NEED the wording, but we'd hope the wording is at least present.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
I would sure hope the “top drivers” in the sport don’t need specific wording when it comes to safety and running over peoples camp sites. 🤪

I agree but it sure looked like Luke had permission to go thru the camp and given the choices of going backwards on course or going thru the camp he may have made the right choice. But then he gets DQ'd? I would want there to be clarity from a rule that gets you a DQ.

What if he would have ran over that camp by blowing a corner? would that be DQ?

if I lose control on a whoop road and take out a canopy is that DQ?

My point is you cant have subjective rules. You need to try and at least make it clear. I am pretty sure Luke did to know he was breaking a rule when we continued to drive thru the camp.

Mike

bobylax

RDC Crypto
my BIGGEST FEAR !!this pic gives me the heeby jeebyz, even worse was when i saw a 16 car SIMULAR But Upside down!,in a 'V 'type ditch' driver was out and ok thankfully
The angle is a bit deceptive. They didn’t fall into the ditch, they actually drove into that position. That’s the face of the wall to the east of the drop off into Osborne Wash at Parker. There was a bottleneck and they tried to find a way around it. Ended their day 3 1/2 miles in.

critter81

RDC Crypto
My point is you cant have subjective rules. You need to try and at least make it clear. I am pretty sure Luke did to know he was breaking a rule when we continued to drive thru the camp.

Mike
that is what I have been saying for 3 pages...... Clarification needed for the racer AND the FANS for safety