2021 SCORE Baja 500 Live Video, Weatherman, Tracking, Updates

One-Eyed Peter

Reaction
TENT ACE.png

J Prich

Reaction
It's hard to be the best in Baja. Luke is the current Score Trophy Truck champion.

Luke was disqualified for assumptions, nothing was verified, he was disqualified for going over some plastic (tent), which was empty, no one inside. When you are the best everyone wants to see you fall no matter what.

Luke was just racing, he did nothing wrong, It´s racing never forget that.

There was no one in the tents, did you see someone running desperate to save a life there? No one spilled their beer to protect a kid. We only saw one man standing in the way. What a SCORE decision!
Out of curiosity, how do you know what SCORE did or did not verify? Were you part of that process? I can't imagine you'd make an assumption that...he was DQ'd for assumptions.

Regarding everyone wanting to see Luke "fall", not sure that really holds up to any level of reasonable scrutiny. I would argue that Luke is probably one of the most well liked guys in the field. Aside from the handful of usual types that complain about the family's financial status, I think it's a real stretch to suggest that anyone that is advocating that Luke may have made a poor choice and deserved some kind of penalty here are only doing so because they hate Luke.

100% fair IMO to think SCORE should clarify the rules they believe Luke violated that warranted a penalty, and 100% fair IMO to think SCORE should explain what the decision making/precedent behind a DQ for that was, but at this point suggesting "nothing was verified" and that it was done out of Luke hate is a pretty big assumption in itself.

J Prich

Reaction
I'm fairly confident SCORE did not penalize BJ for this in 2018. If that's true, it would be interesting to hear what the difference was in Luke's situation that dictated that a similar infraction that was not punished in 2018 was now cause for DQ in 2021. Again, maybe they have some logical explanation...but they should provide that.

A lot of rinse, wash, repeat here dating back to 2018.

E motorsports

Reaction
Out of curiosity, how do you know what SCORE did or did not verify? Were you part of that process? I can't imagine you'd make an assumption that...he was DQ'd for assumptions.

Regarding everyone wanting to see Luke "fall", not sure that really holds up to any level of reasonable scrutiny. I would argue that Luke is probably one of the most well liked guys in the field. Aside from the handful of usual types that complain about the family's financial status, I think it's a real stretch to suggest that anyone that is advocating that Luke may have made a poor choice and deserved some kind of penalty here are only doing so because they hate Luke.

100% fair IMO to think SCORE should clarify the rules they believe Luke violated that warranted a penalty, and 100% fair IMO to think SCORE should explain what the decision making/precedent behind a DQ for that was, but at this point suggesting "nothing was verified" and that it was done out of Luke hate is a pretty big assumption in itself.
J is right

no body will learn how to avoid this penalty if SCORE does not disclose there rational and justification.
IMO score needs the McMillin family and agonized over the penalty and that's part of the reason it took so long.
also in my opinion the Mcmillans are the first family of dezert racing and have been very important to the growth of our sport
i would be very surprised if there were more than a few McMillin hatters
How can any reasonable person hate on that Family???????????????????????????????????????????

Bro_Gill

Reaction
This isn't the first piece of someone else's property Luke has hit in Mexico and paid for. Maybe Roger understands the bigger picture here and wants to set an example.

Old Truck Guy

Reaction
More importantly we can let these errors go… 800 or 900hp
A point was being made. The exact number is irrelevant. Multiply or divide those numbers by 2 and there is still no way either of the two could have heard anything the other was saying. But thank you for the forgiveness.....

ACME

Reaction
Why do you feel Cantina needed the DQ without any sufficient evidence that ties the chase truck to Cantina except that they were following one of their trucks.

I totally agree with you. You can't until you are certain; but once someone makes a connection to ANY team where they are knowingly endangering others by their actions: That team and it's owners-racers are ultimately responsible and must be held accountable. PERIOD!

It doesn't matter who you are, what your status is, or who you know: Everyone must be treated and held accountable equally or you set a dangerous precedent.

Yes the Ford passing in that video was a little dicey (not bad in comparison) but honestly who here that has chased in Baja can say they haven’t made a close “radio pass” before?

I personally have not and know a lot of people that haven't, and I'd bet a majority of us who have been to a lot of Baja races have not. But then again I have usually been chasing/racing with unimportant limited class cars and have only chased for the important classes a few times. But even then, I still managed to not do it. I guess I'm not hard core enough...

However, I/we have been run off roads and had too many close calls caused by stupid chasers doing stupid things with little regard for others, and have also been at incidents that were caused by fools and it has to stop.

This is no different than the MDR days and if we as a community and the promotor don't do the right thing and/or hold people accountable, than it's just a matter of time until history repeats itself...

Big Whitey

Reaction
I totally agree with you. You can't until you are certain; but once someone makes a connection to ANY team where they are knowingly endangering others by their actions: That team and it's owners-racers are ultimately responsible and must be held accountable. PERIOD!

It doesn't matter who you are, what your status is, or who you know: Everyone must be treated and held accountable equally or you set a dangerous precedent.

I personally have not and know a lot of people that haven't, and I'd bet a majority of us who have been to a lot of Baja races have not. But then again I have usually been chasing/racing with unimportant limited class cars and have only chased for the important classes a few times. But even then, I still managed to not do it. I guess I'm not hard core enough...

However, I/we have been run off roads and had too many close calls caused by stupid chasers doing stupid things with little regard for others, and have also been at incidents that were caused by fools and it has to stop.

This is no different than the MDR days and if we as a community and the promotor don't do the right thing and/or hold people accountable, than it's just a matter of time until history repeats itself...
Adding to the chase truck thing, as I mentioned earlier in the racer briefs abou running over personal stuff it also states that the DOR is accountable for any bad action of said team members, quite honestly if SCORE were playing by they’re own rules the Baja Jerky guys should have had a equal to Luke’s penalty for how bad that pass actually looked. I know we all kinda share the road in Baja while passing as both cars float outward and the passing car goes up the middle but the car coming didn’t seem to be prepared for that bad of a aggressive pass.

Dave_G

Reaction
Like I said earlier in this masterpiece thread...the R on the transmission can be used for more than getting off the trailer.
Ask the dudes stuck in the silt beds...

That statement kinda made me laugh. When we built the Herbst Sequential shift 6 speeds many years ago the reverse gear was this little tiny wimpy gear that was only designed for backing out off the trailer. You could never use it to pull someone out with a tow strap or back out of a silt bed. 😄 I'll have to look around and see if I still have one of those gears and post a picture of it.

McCredie A

Reaction
That statement kinda made me laugh. When we built the Herbst Sequential shift 6 speeds many years ago the reverse gear was this little tiny wimpy gear that was only designed for backing out off the trailer. You could never use it to pull someone out with a tow strap or back out of a silt bed. 😄 I'll have to look around and see if I still have one of those gears and post a picture of it.

Please do. That would be one of the best things that comes from this thread.

Borracho Cantina

Reaction
@DanMcMillin I’ve seen you made some comments (some deleted) and liked others comments on Luke’s situation. Real question, in today’s racing climate with cell phones and every else would you have done the same thing your brother did?
(not in retrospect but previous to this incident)

IMG_2240.jpg

Pretty sure Dan doesn’t give AF right now. Cheers.