2021 SCORE Baja 500 Live Video, Weatherman, Tracking, Updates

Josh 8

Reaction
Responding/expanding to the Dave g statement.

The team owner, manger and prep/driver (you know who, no names here) ultimately got burned out on the liers and cheaters in the sport. This was from the top down. From the promoter who stole there main sponsor to teams that would steal wins by paying off the organizer.

I don’t know the order it all happened it. But at one time near the end, they a multi million dollar sponsorship lined up. When they took there sponsor to the promoter to introduce them, the promoter went around behind them after the introduction and asked “why do want to sponsor a single team? If you were the title sponsor for the series, it would guarantee you a win”. And that’s when the promoter became “el cheto” from then on. Prior to this he was considered a friend. Bridges were burned and relationships ruined. People felt they were used and left to feel like fools.

It would scorn any one. After all, remember, these guys were truly professionals trying to run a businesses in what had become an sports man racing series.

I guess in the end, the old owner of the racing series (aka el cheto) was going broke at the time and felt he needed the sponsor $$$ more then a long time team did. In one way, he needed to the save the series so to speak but it was just a low way of doing it. Ultimately, he found a rich land developer from northern Nevada to sell if too. I am sure those stolen sponsorship $$$ went along to to making the balance sheet & profit and loss statement look good to the prospective new owner.

Last edited:

Robin Hood

Reaction
what if it’s a Baja Pits truck. Do we dq all Baja Pits racers? No disrespect to BP, only used as an example.I

I define chasing as a "Mobile Support" and not stationary pit support. Mobile support is limited to a small number of teams per vehicle and is where the problem is. A guy driving to a work for a stationary pit support is not chasing for a team, they are going to work, whether that is a volunteer position or paid it doesn't matter. If you DQ the teams for thier chase crews putting people's lives at risk it won't happen anymore or at least it will happen a lot less and we won't be having this discussion.

Last edited:

BeerRUN

Reaction
I think everyone needs to stop with the chase truck bashing. If it's who we think was driving he is a great guy and would stop and help any one of you and over the years probably has. You weren't in the truck you don't know if someone said its clear. I think once he was committed he did best by holding his line. You can't tell me you have never ran backwards on the course never made a pass in baja that was a little closer then it should have been. When I used to chase for a class one team our car broke we were out of the race myself the owner and one other guy went in to get the car big name people here everyone knows this owner and everyone knew this driver. We get to the car and time to tow out owner says we are going backwards on the course towing driver says no way owner driving the tow vehicle says my car backwards on a hot course and that's what we did didn't matter what the rest of us had to say. So the driver in question has gone to score and I think its time to stop bashing him and move on.

Josh 8

Reaction
Dude. Your missing something big. It’s not a course there on. It’s a public road with normal people going about there day. Some don’t even know there’s a race going on. None of them filled out a entree form or waver prior to this happing. People like this almost got killed by a chaser that put a race above innocent lives. Stop and think about the fallout with the government if something awful would have happened? Your trying to compare to totally different situations.

Lastly. It’s RDC and that’s a kangaroo court of Vigilante justice.

AZ7000'

Reaction
Just messing around on this thread that lost its focus pages ago...
what are you trying to say?

entry​

[ en-tree ]

noun, plural en·tries.​

an act of entering; entrance.
a person or thing entered in a contest or competition.

entrée​

or en·tree​

[ ahn-trey ]

noun​

a dish served as the main course of a meal.
Older Use. a dish served at dinner between the principal courses.

calstyl2

Reaction
Proud Of You Reaction GIF

Bro_Gill

Reaction
I think everyone needs to stop with the chase truck bashing. If it's who we think was driving he is a great guy and would stop and help any one of you and over the years probably has. You weren't in the truck you don't know if someone said its clear. I think once he was committed he did best by holding his line. You can't tell me you have never ran backwards on the course never made a pass in baja that was a little closer then it should have been. When I used to chase for a class one team our car broke we were out of the race myself the owner and one other guy went in to get the car big name people here everyone knows this owner and everyone knew this driver. We get to the car and time to tow out owner says we are going backwards on the course towing driver says no way owner driving the tow vehicle says my car backwards on a hot course and that's what we did didn't matter what the rest of us had to say. So the driver in question has gone to score and I think its time to stop bashing him and move on.
He wouldn't stop for the people he ran off the road, so your entire post is bull poop.