2021 SCORE Baja 500 Live Video, Weatherman, Tracking, Updates

jon coleman

Reaction
luv the Alan Ampudia video, he was Dominating,( until actual race craft came into play, love the editing, sure makes it seem AM was just putting along and just meanders into the racing lineđź‘Ť

Sdracer

Reaction

No in car from the crash. Probably should have disabled comments on the video, some are pretty funny tho
1624390831042.png

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Website
www.fishgistics.com
So no penalty was issued b/c they couldn't identify the driver of the 3rd chase truck?
Jon Stewart What GIF
Basically its like this from what ive gathered, the 3rd driver did not goto Baja with one specific team, he helps multiple teams during the race and he was linked to several teams but not "paid" or "working" for one certain team. Its like if a Checkers or Fair or Baja Pits member did something you couldn't penalize every team that used their pit during the race. So instead they penalized the driver himself. At least thats the way I understand it.

NIKAL

Reaction
Basically its like this from what ive gathered, the 3rd driver did not goto Baja with one specific team, he helps multiple teams during the race and he was linked to several teams but not "paid" or "working" for one certain team. Its like if a Checkers or Fair or Baja Pits member did something you couldn't penalize every team that used their pit during the race. So instead they penalized the driver himself. At least thats the way I understand it.
Fish, how do they really penalize the guy? If he’s not with a team as Score claims, then he was just Joe Public. Score has no authority to suspend or ban a spectator from going to a race or even helping a team.

Real fact is he’s a paid contractor for several teams he preps and does at track support for. And he was there supporting a team. Who’s tires was he carrying? But that still gives Score no authority or ability to ban any non paying entry.

ErickK

Reaction
That makes sense and same as what we’ve all been hearing. What was said on the show was “ we can’t identify the driver”. Giving the driver and teams who hired him the benefit of anonymity when he almost really F’d up racing for SCORE is confusing. My guess is his client list included some big teams.
One situation you throw away a drivers whole season for a “what if, I could see both sides situation” and throw out a DQ and CRB was unanimous in doing it. Then on the other hand, a guy fires a 6000lb bullet at a car load of people and suddenly CRB is shy. Seems odd and concerning for all racers investing in SCORE events that the inconsistency exists and will things get handled fairly or just based on politics.

Fifty

Reaction
So did the company support a bunch of people and he was assigned to one?
I am surprised to think that one truck with two tires is supporting multiple teams.

when owner or driver of a team tells their chase crew “you better be there and ready when I get there or I’m going to have your a$$” ...
Then even if it’s a hired company, the truck/driver assigned to that specific team is now a team memeber.

I would really really really really doubt he wasn’t assigned to a team.

TRAVISD

Reaction
Website
www.motoseat.com
What i find funny is that no one is saying what teams this chase truck was helping. Call them out, lets hear it. All this is doing now is all chase crews will now not be affiliated with any one team. Thats the excuse they will be giving now for any incident.

J Prich

Reaction
It’s been a week so the outrage meter has already pegged and is on the down slide. All is forgiven, until the cycle starts over again in Sept, lol.

DG_BTI

Reaction
so if I shoot a firearm recklessly into the air, two things can happen. It falls out of the sky harmless to anyone, or it could kill someone. If it kills someone, I am arrested for murder. Life in prison, done, DQed from society. Now if it falls harmlessly to the ground, I get busted for shooting a firearm in public. I am guessing I get in trouble for sure. But, I don't go to jail for murder! This is why Luke's penalty is a joke. He was sentenced for a "what if", not a actual death or injury. Doesn't mean he should be in trouble, penalized, just not the ultimate DQ from the race and ruin the guys year.

Then you have the 31, granted it was a slow speed contact, but it actually had people in it. Not just a parked car empty, people in it. And that only gets a 30 minute penalty???

The committee, including Cameron and I believe Johnny Campbell, should man up and admit they effed up rather than sugar coat it and say, oh, but we respect you all. The decision has no logic to it at all when you compare the two penalties.

Old Truck Guy

Reaction
What i find funny is that no one is saying what teams this chase truck was helping. Call them out, lets hear it. All this is doing now is all chase crews will now not be affiliated with any one team. Thats the excuse they will be giving now for any incident.
Don't be silly. If a chase driver gets caught breaking rules and claims a different affiliation, the team he used for an escape would easily prove he was not part of their crew. That's like a cop pulling you over and you give him a different name. In the end, the truth will come out and you would only further harm your team by lying to the race director.
I tend to think the baja 500 penalty fiasco will encourage teams to be more cautious.

Big Whitey

Reaction
Don't be silly. If a chase driver gets caught breaking rules and claims a different affiliation, the team he used for an escape would easily prove he was not part of their crew. That's like a cop pulling you over and you give him a different name. In the end, the truth will come out and you would only further harm your team by lying to the race director.
I tend to think the baja 500 penalty fiasco will encourage teams to be more cautious.
I don’t think that is quite how he said it, it was said any offending chase driver could just claim NO affiliation with any particular team. Not that said driver would lie about being with a different team. His post makes sense.

Big Whitey

Reaction
so if I shoot a firearm recklessly into the air, two things can happen. It falls out of the sky harmless to anyone, or it could kill someone. If it kills someone, I am arrested for murder. Life in prison, done, DQed from society. Now if it falls harmlessly to the ground, I get busted for shooting a firearm in public. I am guessing I get in trouble for sure. But, I don't go to jail for murder! This is why Luke's penalty is a joke. He was sentenced for a "what if", not a actual death or injury. Doesn't mean he should be in trouble, penalized, just not the ultimate DQ from the race and ruin the guys year.

Then you have the 31, granted it was a slow speed contact, but it actually had people in it. Not just a parked car empty, people in it. And that only gets a 30 minute penalty???

The committee, including Cameron and I believe Johnny Campbell, should man up and admit they effed up rather than sugar coat it and say, oh, but we respect you all. The decision has no logic to it at all when you compare the two penalties.
I couldn’t tell if the 31 actually hit the car or was extremely close trying to scare the guy into moving, if that’s the case I’m fine with it. if he did tap the car then I think lots of bigger things, did he go find that car and make his reparations? Then there’s the leaving the scene thing bla bla bla. My thing is he DID run a car off the road maliciously. that does deserve a penalty of some sort.

J Prich

Reaction
Who sits on Scores CRB? Is that public? And is it the same group for each race or do they change members for each race?

Fifty

Reaction
Can anyone post a link to the rule book that has infractions and punishment matrix?