2021 SCORE Baja 500 Live Video, Weatherman, Tracking, Updates

MTPyle

Reaction
Justin Davis looks strong. Jason McNeill is also doing really well. Go team Fiberwerx

Luke and Andy have checked out. So cool to see Luke kick butt. Jason and Luke are on fire.

Mike

jon coleman

Reaction
Andy just has to stay in the dust/ under a minute, i hope that pit thingy does NOT come into play, or any other nit- picky bs garbage, let em race

J Prich

Reaction
Nice run for the 73 as well. Yeah attrition but a podium here for them would be a solid outcome.

jon coleman

Reaction
Hes probably ok sitting right where he is unless he can get on Luke
Luke is just as wise though, probably some good chatter between the dads

that would suck, knowing there is nothing you can do to win with the winner chilling in your mirror😠, what would Walker do?

Old Truck Guy

Reaction
I see no reason for Andy to try a pass on Luke. He has Luke right where he wants him. I assume he is maintaining a 30-40 second gap until they hit the speed zone at which point victory is his unless he gets dinged for that pit incident with Ampudia. Wouldnt that be a bitch. Even if he passed Luke, he wouldnt be able to make up enough time to cancel out any potential post race penalties. Go Andy!

MTPyle

Reaction
I see no reason for Andy to try a pass on Luke. He has Luke right where he wants him. I assume he is maintaining a 30-40 second gap until they hit the speed zone at which point victory is his unless he gets dinged for that pit incident with Ampudia. Wouldnt that be a bitch. Even if he passed Luke, he wouldnt be able to make up enough time to cancel out any potential post race penalties. Go Andy!

why the hell would Andy get a penalty for that pit? Even if that was a controlled pit he did the right thing. Pull out in front of the guy coming, no matter what. I left a pit with the cone still on my hood to get in front of someone coming. You do what needs to be done. No reason anyone should get a penalty for that.

Mike

stephenrjking

Reaction
Unless there's a rule that Andy broke, I'm not sure how a penalty can be enforced. When he began pulling out, Ampudia was 200 yards away around a bend. Yes, closing fast, but as I typed earlier he had sufficient time to slow down, and frankly was just fine and safe on Andy's bumper for 100 yards before whatever he did that caused him to flip.

The consensus on here is clearly that Andy was fine to do that, so it doesn't sound like there's an unwritten etiquette rule that he broke. And it does, indeed, seem that the track position and time involved is significant. The chance that Luke could gain significant time on Ampudia while Andy is behind him would have been... high. And then we could be looking at Luke protecting a 3-minute lead instead of futily trying to pull away to gain enough corrected time to win.

As for passing at this stage: Andy would obviously be ensured victory in front of Luke, but it seems like the chances are higher that he'd make a mistake due to low dust visibility and lose than that Luke would pull away and gain enough time on him. I mean, it could happen, but when you drive up to his bumper a lot of things can go wrong, and Andy doesn't need to take that risk to win.

jon coleman

Reaction
if i was Luke i would let Andy by before they run up on the mx, and just pressure him into a mistake/ flat tire getting around the bikes

jon coleman

Reaction
why the hell would Andy get a penalty for that pit? Even if that was a controlled pit he did the right thing. Pull out in front of the guy coming, no matter what. I left a pit with the cone still on my hood to get in front of someone coming. You do what needs to be done. No reason anyone should get a penalty for that.

Mike
its score