2021 SCORE Baja 500 Live Video, Weatherman, Tracking, Updates

J Prich

RDC Crypto
Interesting that Score didn’t post a finish line interview with Luke.

J Prich

RDC Crypto
About to call it a night but hope that lead 11 can make it home before cut off.

Old Truck Guy

RDC Crypto
Maybe someone can shed light on the tracking system for me. Using the replay function in the tracker is pretty interesting. I assume it is not that accurate regarding the paths of the pointers relative to the actual lines the cars took. When a tracker does not refresh for an extended period of time, is that reflected as a vector from the position of the car when it quit refreshing, to the position of the car when it started refreshing again? The pointers reflect tons of creative lines off the marked course when viewing the replay feature. I'm not sure that so many cars are cutting so many corners. The reason it is suspect to me is that when the cars/course joins a paved highway, the pointers more accurately follow the marked course. Also, is the tracker data used by the officials as an indicator of whether or not a car missed a VCP?

Brandt_Anderson

"Rag Doll"
RDC Crypto
Maybe someone can shed light on the tracking system for me. Using the replay function in the tracker is pretty interesting. I assume it is not that accurate regarding the paths of the pointers relative to the actual lines the cars took. When a tracker does not refresh for an extended period of time, is that reflected as a vector from the position of the car when it quit refreshing, to the position of the car when it started refreshing again? The pointers reflect tons of creative lines off the marked course when viewing the replay feature. I'm not sure that so many cars are cutting so many corners. The reason it is suspect to me is that when the cars/course joins a paved highway, the pointers more accurately follow the marked course. Also, is the tracker data used by the officials as an indicator of whether or not a car missed a VCP?
What you see online is different than what is used for scoring. Race officials have far more accurate data than that. What we see live online requires two-way communication with the satellite, which is very spotty, but the scoring info only has to log the data on the local device using GPS, which should be as accurate as what you track on your Lowrance or Garmin. The replay function takes each consecutive live “ping” and puts a straight line between them, making it look like they cut though things that would be impossible in real life. Think what that would look like if the live tracker pinged at the top of La Rumorosa and didn’t ping again until the bottom, then showed the track between them as a straight line. For scoring they don’t rely on that, they have to download the highly accurate GPS data directly from the device at the end of the race, which is why we are still waiting for official results.

class5cole

RDC Crypto
IMG_4596.jpg

Uh Oh Spaghetti Oh's

Old Truck Guy

RDC Crypto
What you see online is different than what is used for scoring. Race officials have far more accurate data than that. What we see live online requires two-way communication with the satellite, which is very spotty, but the scoring info only has to log the data on the local device using GPS, which should be as accurate as what you track on your Lowrance or Garmin. The replay function takes each consecutive live “ping” and puts a straight line between them, making it look like they cut though things that would be impossible in real life. Think what that would look like if the live tracker pinged at the top of La Rumorosa and didn’t ping again until the bottom, then showed the track between them as a straight line. For scoring they don’t rely on that, they have to download the highly accurate GPS data directly from the device at the end of the race, which is why we are still waiting for official results.
Aren't the trackers required to be installed on each vehicle? For what purpose? It must be for reconnaissance and recovery because 90% of the racers cant access the live tracking feed during a Mexico race, so they are kinda useless. Perhaps I just answered my own question. Duh! Pardon the old man syndrome. Lol!

Honda48X

RDC Crypto
Why cant SCORE put out an UNOFFICIAL Results paper? In 2021 you would think they could figure this out. Total Race Time is 20 hours so the race is over for 90% of the classes, yet SCORE cant even publish Unofficial Results. NUTS.

jon coleman

RDC Crypto
was it just me or anyone else CRINGE when Luke made quick flat work out of those ' un occupied'( i pray) pop up dome tents??, there is your 0ne second lost on corrected time....