2021 SCORE San Felipe 250 Live Stream, Tracking & Updates

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
The 2021 SCORE San Felipe 250 starts today with qualifying. Here is a new thread with important info, live video, tracking map, etc. And we can all posts race updates in here.

Race Distance: 280.20 mi (450.92 km)
Race Time: 14 Hours
Min. Avg. Speed to Finish 20.01 mph (32.19 kph)

Map and GPS files:

- Race map, PDF, JPG
- GPS files (USR, GPX, KML), Full course - Sportsmans cut

Weatherman stream

Qualifying results: Trophy Truck - TT Spec - Class 1
Qualifying penalty report
Qualifying photos

Entry list

Live video:

Live Tracking Map:

Schedule of events:

THURSDAY, April 15 –(All Times PST)

7am - Done: Qualifying for Trophy Truck, TT Legends, Class 1, TT Spec
9am-5pm: Chassis Inspections / Stella Bracket Checks & Installations – The Pavilion at El Dorado Ranch
9am-7pm: Racer Registration (NO WALK-IN ENTRIES AFTER 6pm) - Pavilion at El Dorado Ranch (Opening Earlier)
1pm-5pm: Media Registration - The Pavilion at El Dorado Ranch

FRIDAY, April 16 –(All Times PST)
8am-4pm: Racer Registration (NO WALK-IN ENTRIES AFTER 3pm) – The Pavilion at El Dorado Ranch
8am-5pm: Contingency Row - The Pavilion at El Dorado Ranch
8am-6pm: Technical Inspection / Transponder Checks / Stella Tracking Device Installation - End of Contingency Row - Must be in Tech line by 5pm, NO Chassis Inspections on Tech Day,
9am-5pm: Media Registration - The Pavilion at El Dorado Ranch
6:00pm: Mandatory Aircraft Pilot Meeting – Registration Room at The Pavilion at El Dorado Ranch

SATURDAY, April 17 –(All Times PST)
5:30am-11pm: Media Center Open - The Pavilion at El Dorado Ranch
5:30am: STAGING BEGINS - Pro Motos and Quads, Sportsman Motos and Quads – Near Start / Finish
6:00am: MOTO / QUAD RACE START - Pro Moto, Pro Quads, Sportsman Moto, Sportsman Quads TIME GAP – Approx. 2.5 hour gap between the last Moto / Quad start and first Trophy Truck Start at 9:00am
7:30am: STAGING BEGINS – All 4-Wheel Classes - Stage times in Racer Brief - Near Start / Finish
9:00am: RACE START – All 4-Wheel Classes – Class start order as listed in Race Brief
3pm-11pm: Posting of Unofficial Finishers - The Pavilion at El Dorado Ranch

What about you? By Bob Bower (must read for anyone traveling in Baja)

Last edited:

MTPyle

Reaction
We had a mess of a qualifying run. We put large vents in the middle of our hood and it dumped silt right into our intake air filter. Totally Clogged it. Not good. We have been running this filter with outwear for awhile and it held up really well even during V2R silt. But the buckets of silt getting dumped on it with the hood opening right in front of our air filter was too much. Towards the end of the run you can hear the engine starving. I will try and post our in car video soon.

we will cover the vents in the hood and make a shield for the filter. I think it will be fine. The course does not have a ton of silt.

Attachments

• 5468B2A7-6033-4646-8211-DB2905A671A1.jpeg
    5468B2A7-6033-4646-8211-DB2905A671A1.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 274

MTPyle

Reaction
Here is our in car. Connor was wheeling it. But blew some corners and obviously had the power issue.

Mike

jon coleman

Reaction
We had a mess of a qualifying run. We put large vents in the middle of our hood and it dumped silt right into our intake air filter. Totally Clogged it. Not good. We have been running this filter with outwear for awhile and it held up really well even during V2R silt. But the buckets of silt getting dumped on it with the hood opening right in front of our air filter was too much. Towards the end of the run you can hear the engine starving. I will try and post our in car video soon.

we will cover the vents in the hood and make a shield for the filter. I think it will be fine. The course does not have a ton of silt.
you ever look into those red k&n foam raps?, put one on lightly oiled over the ' outerwear', when it gets packed, you can remove it and smack the dirt out ,on the fly of course😉

notime

NTR Films media guy
Reaction
Small qualify video recap, my laptop died so I did some with my iPad and some iPhone clips

Last edited:

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
Full results including Trophy Truck and penalty report.

- Qualifying results: Trophy Truck - TT Spec - Class 1
- Qualifying penalty report

The results PDF I uploaded and the one on the SCORE site are not the updated results. Luke moved to 3rd and Tavo in 4th. I will update the PDF when they post it.

SCORE TROPHY TRUCK (Unlimited CustomTrucks including Builder)--
TOP QUALIFIER: 7 Bryce Menzies
, 33, Las Vegas, Ford Raptor (Mason), six minutes, 5.746 seconds (46.95 miles per hour)
2. 31 Andy McMillin, 33, San Diego, Chevy Silverado (Mason), 6:10.226 (46.38mph)
3. 1 Luke McMillin, 28, San Diego, Ford F-150 (Racer), 6:16:041 (45.67mph)
4. 21 Gustavo ‘Tavo’ Vildosola Jr, 39, Mexicali, Mexico, Ford Raptor (Vildosola), 6:16.686 (45.59mph)
5. 10 Alan Ampudia, 30, Ensenada, Mexico/Aaron Ampudia, 28, Ensenada, Mexico, Ford Raptor (ID), 6:17.221 (45.54mph)
6. 77 Robby Gordon, 52, Charlotte, N.C. (Santa Ana, Calif.), Chevy Silverado (R. Gordon), 6:18.180 (45.41mph)
7. 89 Mike Walser, 54, Comfort, Texas/Ryan Arciero, 47, Foothill Ranch, Calif., Chevy Silverado (Mason), 6:23.247 (44.81mph)
8. 38 Eric Hustead, 50, St. George, Utah, Ford F-150 (Custom), 6:23.277 (44.80mph)
9. 79 Eric Hardin, 38, Orange, Calif./Joey Black, 28, Laguna Beach, Calif., GMC Sierra (ID), 6:25.184 (44.58mph)
10. 22 Jax Redline, 16, Amarillo, Texas, Chevy R-2 (Geiser), 6:26.079 (44.48mph)

jon coleman

Reaction
i would like to see a qual line up/ position, the course got Sloppy slow later it looks like, i mean if Bryce was first off &, lets say RG qualified in , lets say 20th, id give RG the poll because the track was doodoo, YET, he was 6th, this qualifying looks like ' luck of the draw', not individual driving ability

MTPyle

Reaction
The qualifying course got way way worse as the day went on. For sure hurt the guys in the back of the line in TTspec.

Mike

y2kbaja

Reaction

I didn't think people ran K&N in the dirt anymore.

MTPyle

Reaction
Yeah this is not K&N it’s a CBM filter that’s got more layers than K&N. It’s the best balance between flow and filter. Well except yesterday. Haha it’s been really good for us.

we had K&N with foam outer on our truck when we got it and that was not great. Let lots of dust thru and wasn’t flowing well.

But for Baja we may need a better solution. For BITD our setup is great.

Mike