2021 SCORE San Felipe 250 Live Stream, Tracking & Updates

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
Here's a shot of Bryce that @havahockey just sent me.

2021-score-san-felipe-250-bryce-menzies-race-dezert-0460.jpg

jon coleman

Reaction
its the Jeff Gordon syndrome, everyone Hates the new guy who's more bitc hn than the last beetc n guy....

43mod

Reaction
Try this again . End of Arcieros day w broken trans . Too bad he comes across as a good guy .

Attachments

• IMG_8988.MOV
    12.8 MB · Views: 4

Old Truck Guy

Reaction
I know this may come across ass whining, but it is not meant to be that.
That being said, here it goes:

IDK about other viewers, but I sure miss coming here to view and comment on desert races when I am unable to attend them in person.
With the exception of Fishgistics (albeit informative, it is still only ONE persons take on the race), detailed information just doesn't flow through here anymore. It was nice getting pertinent race details IN ONE THREAD or location, coming from a multitude of view points (usually spectators in attendance or crew members onsite). Those who prefer not to engage on Twitter, Fbook or Instagram are left Jonesing for more. Also, what is it with today's elite viewers that only have an interest in TT, Spec, or class 1? As soon as their race is over, comments and info (and I'm assuming views as well) drop off sharply. Even Fishgistics supports this claim as his hourly reports ceases as soon as the top 3 classes cross the line (hence his last report being in hour number 5). Add to that the intermittent and inaccurate feed from the SCORE race-tracker, and I just don't feel engaged anymore. I remember the days when my friends and I would watch the race til the bitter end. Changing of the times, I guess.

This is whining:

What's up with the ads mixed in with the Racedezrt links below this posting field? Is it my dirty mind, or is that a BJ tooth guard ring that is frequently included in the mix. If it is, that content has no place here and should be blocked or screened out. If its not, OOPS!
"Look Daddy, they sell wax lips for halloween".
"No son, that's just for sexually active people with big front teeth". jajaja! But really? C'mon guys.

JDDurfey

Reaction
This race did seem to have a much smaller following on here. I was expecting the hourly updates from Fish to continue a couple hours longer than they did.

As far as ads go, I've never seen the one you are referring to. If I am not mistaken, the ads are automatically generated by Google and Google decides based on your browser history what you might want to purchase. So there is that...

kyle_pc_75

Reaction
I would much rather follow a race here. I had Weatherman streaming for most of the day, and the tracker open, that's my favorite way to follow. FB and IG are really only good for random pics and vids, not actual race info. RDC being a forum, keeps everything in chronological order, much better for this sort of thing. It sucks when no one's talking here though.

I was surprised Fish pulled out so early, but then again, this is a side gig for him, correct? In all honesty, I've never bothered to follow the SF 250 before and was more curious about the EV vehicles than anything else. Other than that, the couple of teams I know from Utah dropped out way early, so I did too. I normally follow the 11's, but there were only three of them, so....

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
Correct, we’ve always had Google ads running as well as another ad network that’s auto related. You see those ads when our direct advertisers like UPR, Alumi Craft, Satmodo, Total Chaos, etc... and RDC house banners aren’t running. Google takes up whatever leftover impressions (views) there are.

Overall the interest in this race wasn’t very high for whatever reason. I’d have to look back at past threads of this specific race to compare. But I know the 1000 thread was very active. But that’s the 1000... Normally I would be down in Baja shooting and wouldn’t be posting at all during the race. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to make it down for the last few SCORE races so that allowed me to focus more here. Yesterday I had a few things come up and wasn’t able to post as much as I would have liked to.
I can’t speak for @fishd00d but maybe he stopped his updates once the viewer numbers started to drop off. Not sure but if I remember right he’s always stopped after the TT’s finish or maybe one or two more updates after that.

Old Truck Guy

Reaction
This race did seem to have a much smaller following on here. I was expecting the hourly updates from Fish to continue a couple hours longer than they did.

As far as ads go, I've never seen the one you are referring to. If I am not mistaken, the ads are automatically generated by Google and Google decides based on your browser history what you might want to purchase. So there is that...
Touche!
Like Fbook, Igram, Twitter etc, Google pretty much does what they want with your information. I guess that is why its all free. Not saying my browser history is perfectly clean, but 99% of what I view is mostly racing, aerospace and science related content. I see very few ads for those categories. Not to gown a rabbit hole here. I just miss the days when you can engage in live racing conversation and sharing of information. Hell, I miss typewriters and file cabinets too, but they aint coming back anytime soon either.

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
Results PR

finish line quotes

PR story