2021 SCORE San Felipe 250 Live Stream, Tracking & Updates

JDDurfey

Reaction
During his finish line interview RG eluded to some other possible penalties for teams for pitting to close to the race course. I believe he said RM 157. Did anyone see this?

notime

NTR Films media guy
Reaction
Small Clíp With random shoots

Total Loss

Reaction
During his finish line interview RG eluded to some other possible penalties for teams for pitting to close to the race course. I believe he said RM 157. Did anyone see this?
We were there for the top 10...it was pretty insane...but real fun to watch....not sure on distance from course...but there was a 90 that was very sketchy.

E motorsports

Reaction
We didn’t make it. Fuel pumps gave out at RM50 and they limped to 108 and got stuck. Not enough power at 5psi to keep from getting stuck. So we called it. Super bummed.

Truck was doing great for the first 50. Haha need to find 50 mile races.

Mike
Low Miles
Low damage
easy turn around
silver state here you come!

Tube ride

Reaction
That was a great job by the guys from Brazil !! 4 finished trophy truck spec and 1 DNF . Is there any back story with the Brazilians ?

MTPyle

Reaction
Low Miles
Low damage
easy turn around
silver state here you come!

yeah. The problem is we don’t know what our issue is. Pretty sure the pumps failed but not sure why. We have replaced the system many times and it fails at 50 miles of racing. We switched to pump two and it failed about 20 miles after that. Then limped with both pumps until we kept getting stuck being low on power.

I think it’s possible that the pumps themselves failed and could not take the abuse. The only scary thing is if we replace the pumps with a proven pump will it make it the entire race. That’s a lot of money and time to risk as a test. We don’t have a area in Utah that we can test at race pace for 50 miles.

we tested the night before the race for 20 miles and it was perfect.

Not back home yet and still on the road so have to re group and come up with a plan.

Mike

Bricoop

Reaction
yeah. The problem is we don’t know what our issue is. Pretty sure the pumps failed but not sure why. We have replaced the system many times and it fails at 50 miles of racing. We switched to pump two and it failed about 20 miles after that. Then limped with both pumps until we kept getting stuck being low on power.

I think it’s possible that the pumps themselves failed and could not take the abuse. The only scary thing is if we replace the pumps with a proven pump will it make it the entire race. That’s a lot of money and time to risk as a test. We don’t have a area in Utah that we can test at race pace for 50 miles.

we tested the night before the race for 20 miles and it was perfect.

Not back home yet and still on the road so have to re group and come up with a plan.

Mike
Have you disassembled them? Another racer had fuel tank foam dissentagrate causing filters to clog and pumps to fail.

jon coleman

Reaction
gotta run External large micron pre filters, ones you can check , Often!, 3/4" in tank pick up, in the right rear, that way you know where gas is supposed to get picked up,No in tank filter( that way you shouldn't have to open cell untill you change foam), bosch external pumps are reliable, with a couple of carter scavenge pumps to an efi filter> sump tank> bsch pumps

MTPyle

Reaction
We don’t think it’s a filter or pick up issue as after the first pump failed #2 worked fine for awhile. It uses the same pick up filters and regulator. So I think the pumps just failed and could not take the abuse. We will see when we tear it down.

Mike

Rcamp99

Reaction
How many 6100 teams are racing on E85? Is that what’s killing the pumps? Or are you on regular gas now?

43mod

Reaction
After years of paying our entry in the Birria class we finally won the 250 pound class . Not one but two XX Pablanos T shirts 😊

Attachments

• 30349E96-E7C4-48CF-9B20-EE6F84F4107C.jpeg
    30349E96-E7C4-48CF-9B20-EE6F84F4107C.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 51

MTPyle

Reaction
How many 6100 teams are racing on E85? Is that what’s killing the pumps? Or are you on regular gas now?

no other 6100 would want to run E85. There is no Benefit with a LS and it’s less range. The LT loves E85. All of our pumps and fuel system is e85 rated. So that’s not the problem. Plus it was all brand new the week before the race. So it did not have time to break down.

we have DW brushless pumps, actually a prototype 650lpg pump. Yeah yeah I know that sounds pretty stupid when I say it out loud LOL. I am hearing a lot of feedback that brushless is not tough and they are fragile. So for now I am leaning towards it being a failed pumps. Have not heard back from DW yet.

Mike

TecateRay

Reaction
Robby has experience being penalized for pit violations, can’t blame him for calling out others.
BTW - I’m not a Robby fan, but the rules should apply to all.