D4D

Reaction
The issue is the range for any EV but for an EV marketed to the off road market, 350 miles isn't enough unless you are trailering it to the desert/trail.

Tube ride

Reaction
Baker ca is anticipating lots of ev’s charging up there. They have that Tesla supercharging station with about 50 Tesla plug ins. Now they are building another 40 to 50 plug ins that are branded something other than Tesla.

jon coleman

Reaction
i like to gas and get tfo out of Baker, who the hell wants to chill in Baker for however long my hummer takes to charge?, i thought they were going to a ' swapable' battery pack for long distance runs??

Tube ride

Reaction
Yes it’s either hot as hell or cold and windy and always stinks like chit. It’s over a year since there was even a cheap motel in baker open .

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
EVs are the perfect commuter car. Once you tie it into your home solar perhaps the lowest fuel cost in transportation. For those 300+ mile trips your fuel stops are 30minutes instead of 5minutes.
Barstow/Baker may benefit from 30-60 minute entertainment businesses like restaurants etc.

Pro and Cons.

jon coleman

Reaction
EVs are the perfect commuter car. Once you tie it into your home solar perhaps the lowest fuel cost in transportation. For those 300+ mile trips your fuel stops are 30minutes instead of 5minutes.
Barstow/Baker may benefit from 30-60 minute entertainment businesses like restaurants etc.

Pro and Cons.
motel 6 by the hour?, aren't they Already doing that ??

pdailey

Racer
Reaction

Pro and Cons.

I have solar at home with a 6-50 outlet. We also have a 6-50 outlet at our shop so it charges somewhat fast. . It really is the perfect commuter car. My Tesla is so fun to drive. Ludacris mode is a blast. It’s like a roller coaster.

fashionbiff

Reaction
Its like the new Vet, Fugly the tech is cool but this race to EV is just not worth the price tag. Ill commute in my chevy spark (gasser) and keep pushing the wife to get the Flock out of Nazi ville on the pacific aka Kalifornia. I want to live the rest of my limited years not being told what I can do until I can't fight em anymore. Then you can burn my body in one of those mega solar fields that will encompass all the farmlands in Kalli.

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
I think they did a great job. Maybe I'll replace my Tesla S with that!
You've had the tesla for weeks now. Philo and I are surprised you haven't sold it already...

Also, that was one of the most fun rides I have ever had.

jon coleman

Reaction
1100 ft lbs of tork, hmmm, does it got aaaaa , traction control?, also, how do ev and gas engines compare on tork& hp?

johndjmix

Reaction
I’m hopeful we can get working on an electric Trophylite build soon. No, we aren’t taking 6013 apart...it will stay as is. But when we get ahold of another chassis, we will build the first electric Trophylite. Can’t wait.

—john