2022 SCORE Baja 500 Live Video, Weatherman, Tracking, Updates

Total Loss

RDC Crypto
@MTPyle , Don't say the M.O. name, or any of the aliases, especially in a critical way or YOU will become a target. Oops, looks like I will again be a target... Last time I was blamed for something that happened in Baja when I wasn't there, not even in the country, and had nothing at all to do with the incident.
He's been around for decades, even get's on San Diego news channels like a professional witness LOL

Why flee from Baja to the States? I'm not wanting to spend a few days, or even a minute, in a Mexican jail while they decide what to do, collect more $, totally innocent or not, ain't happening.
And that's part of what's such a bummer about racing in Baja.... a drunk guy could step into the course, you whack him, and it's YOUR fault. Scary deal. Actually makes it harder IMO to race in Baja. It would be great if there were better agreements with the government and promoters to eliminate this possibility.
Yep...
I know someone personally that did this...hid out until clear to the border...I would do the same...
Those that say otherwise are ignant or would make the decision when required.

Chainguide

RDC Crypto
Not sure if it’s true or not but I’ve heard of teams having a GoPro pointing to the Stella so they can show the race director what they saw, VCP beep, speed chirp.
Every race vehicle has both Stella and SPICA. They both record accurately and independently from each other. I have not heard of an instance where both have failed at the same time. If you ever want to challenge the Stella's data, ask to see the SPICA backup data.

Advertising supports this site

B.HAGLE

Solutions
RDC Crypto
@MTPyle , Don't say the M.O. name, or any of the aliases, especially in a critical way or YOU will become a target. Oops, looks like I will again be a target... Last time I was blamed for something that happened in Baja when I wasn't there, not even in the country, and had nothing at all to do with the incident.
He's been around for decades, even get's on San Diego news channels like a professional witness LOL

Why flee from Baja to the States? I'm not wanting to spend a few days, or even a minute, in a Mexican jail while they decide what to do, collect more $, totally innocent or not, ain't happening.
And that's part of what's such a bummer about racing in Baja.... a drunk guy could step into the course, you whack him, and it's YOUR fault. Scary deal. Actually makes it harder IMO to race in Baja. It would be great if there were better agreements with the government and promoters to eliminate this possibility.

It's absolutely incredible that more people aren't hurt every race. Some of the stuff I see on course is mind blowing, entertaining in the moment, but really dumb in hindsight.

Makes me wonder about the IQ of the locals down south. No offense but you aren't batting 1000 if you stand 6' off (edit) (and set your camp up 6' from) zoo road with Gnarly Letner dancing side to side at mach chicken.

Obviously no way to control the fans and maybe that's just part of the Baja sauce.

I've come to realize you have to use tunnel vision through areas of high consequence. Look through it and not focus on the lawn chairs and ez ups you run over...

We're not in 100% control. I wish the fans realized that and would show a little more respect for us and themselves in that regard.

Last edited:

Total Loss

RDC Crypto
It's absolutely incredible that more people aren't hurt every race. Some of the stuff I see on course is mind blowing, entertaining in the moment, but really dumb in hindsight.

Makes me wonder about the IQ of the locals down south. No offense but you aren't batting 1000 if you stand 6' off (edit) (and set your camp up 6' from) zoo road with Gnarly Letner dancing side to side at mach chicken.

Obviously no way to control the fans and maybe that's just part of the Baja sauce.

I've come to realize you have to use tunnel vision through areas of high consequence. Look through it and not focus on the lawn chairs and ez ups you run over...

We're not in 100% control. I wish the fans realized that and would show a little more respect for us and themselves in that regard.
Tunnelvision...
I remember tucking my elbows in once on both sides...I thought I was gonna smack someone...that's how narrow it got...surreal actually.

9rocky

RDC Crypto
168_060522_B500_GETSOMEphoto_026399.JPG

One-Eyed Peter

RDC Crypto

I totally agree with everything you're saying, but I'm not sure it's always that simple. What if you're a spectator that sets up shop 100 ft. from the course Then an overzealous racer goes way off line on purpose, for whatever reason and drives through their camp. Is it still the spectators fault? Should the spectators not come out at all? Should they watch from 200 ft? Should they only watch from a hillside behind a rock? I'm not being argumentative, but it just got me thinking.

B.HAGLE

Solutions
RDC Crypto
I totally agree with everything you're saying, but I'm not sure it's always that simple. What if you're a spectator that sets up shop 100 ft. from the course Then an overzealous racer goes way off line on purpose, for whatever reason and drives through their camp. Is it still the spectators fault? Should the spectators not come out at all? Should they watch from 200 ft? Should they only watch from a hillside behind a rock? I'm not being argumentative, but it just got me thinking.

They should absolutely be protected by a structure or so far off the conceivable race line that they would assume its safe. I know they want to be close to the action but damn.

I'm gonna shut up now.

J Prich

RDC Crypto
No need to shut up. Again, I agree with your points. I think more dialogue needs to happen on this for the good of the sport, especially after 10 people just got run over.
When you say 10 people are you saying that literally? As in there was an incident that involved 10 people hit?

AZ7000'

RDC Crypto
I posted earlier about coming out of the dust on the big dry lake BEHIND the easy ups set up for pits and spectators. We could have hit dozens at full song in a tt. I’ll never spectate on a dry lake, ever. Areas with multiple lines are wicked too.

Those who know know, the rest don’t.

J Burleson

RDC Crypto
the spectators that had ez ups on the lakebed had no clue there was a 40 car freight train headed their way and most of them driving in some level of dust. Its an awful spot to be under normal race conditions.

cjohnson

RDC Crypto
They should absolutely be protected by a structure or so far off the conceivable race line that they would assume its safe. I know they want to be close to the action but damn.

I'm gonna shut up now.
There are plenty of races in the US that are like this if that is your thing. I'm willing to run at 95% in crowded areas in Baja for the rock star fan experience.

DG_BTI

RDC Crypto
the two biggest mysteries, what actually happened with the spec truck incident, and two, where is Pyle? Silence on both.

Rcamp99

RDC Crypto
Risk vs reward. Racing in Mexico isn’t for everyone, that’s for sure. You have to be willing to accidentally run over someone in the dust on accident to race down there it’s seeming more and more like.

michael.gonzalez

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
the two biggest mysteries, what actually happened with the spec truck incident, and two, where is Pyle? Silence on both.
As happens, the incident has been kept quiet.

I haven't heard much more than 10 people being injured by a TT near the race course.

JDDurfey

RDC Crypto
As happens, the incident has been kept quiet.

I haven't heard much more than 10 people being injured by a TT near the race course.
I think some info has been reported incorrectly from what I see. There may have been 10 people in the group that the TT spec ran through, but from what I gathered only 3 people were injured. I don't want anyone to get hurt, but 3 is way better than 10.

I saw a video on FB of a truck striking some spectators, but I don't know if it is that incident or a different one. The truck looked to be orange or red in color. I've tried to find it again but I haven't been successful.