News 2022 SCORE San Felipe 250 Live Video, Weatherman, Tracking, Updates

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
www.eleusisdigitalcanvas.com
The same belt came out at KOH. We cleaned it and it seemed to work good. Didn’t come out in testing or qualifying. I think it’s defective.

When they told me they had seat belt issues I had no idea it was that bad. As a father that was hard to watch on the video. So scary and frustrating.

Mike

Honda48X

RDC Crypto
They did the right thing and slowed down to fix and ultimately stopped to fix it. Safety is critical and it feels good to know you have a great cage around you and a seatbelt system that holds you in. In Conners position I could see starting to not trust the system and that can cause other issues. Glad it’s replaced and hope it never happens again.

Advertising supports this site

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
www.eleusisdigitalcanvas.com
Baja we always leave the tires. To much time to re rack. At RM 220 must be a bunch haha. Al the leaders hit the same tree.

Well of course you do, you don’t pay for them. Haha

We run forged wheels and they can be repaired. They are pretty expensive so we hate to leave them. In this case the re rack didn’t hurt our time. The lugs and jack mount did.

We are going to find a way to have lugs on the spare wheels. Need to find out what kind of glue to use. We spend more for looking for lugs and getting new ones off the truck than anything else.

Also adjusted our jack and put graphite powder in the catch and latch to keep it from jamming. Works way faster and smoother now.

Mike

Ikaika

RDC Crypto
Well of course you do, you don’t pay for them. Haha

We run forged wheels and they can be repaired. They are pretty expensive so we hate to leave them. In this case the re rack didn’t hurt our time. The lugs and jack mount did.

We are going to find a way to have lugs on the spare wheels. Need to find out what kind of glue to use. We spend more for looking for lugs and getting new ones off the truck than anything else.

Also adjusted our jack and put graphite powder in the catch and latch to keep it from jamming. Works way faster and smoother now.

Mike
Mike,

Weatherstrip glue for lugnuts.

Cheers

jon coleman

in n out.double double w cheese
RDC Crypto
its best applied as a contact cement , you do one side really good, make sure its Cleeeen, let it set up , then apply to other side( lug), and squeeze& roll it back and forth as you push together, not Too hard , need some volume to do its sticky work

BCarr

RDC Crypto
Fair question: does this lug nut gluing technique work 100% for the use case of a nut glued to a rim while tearing down, say, San Felipe bumps? Hate to get out to start a tire change and then notice half have bailed ship.

Horizontal or vertical tire mount a concern?

I've never tried this for off-pavement applications, so my inquiring mind wants to know. Thanks!

BCarr

RDC Crypto
here is our video with in car audio.

Had a decent start, then down the power line road Connors lap belt was coming out. He got it back in twice then the 3rd time had to pull over. Take a look at the speed difference between the Class 1 buggies. Almost hit them one time.

Then they got a flat on a rock. There was another truck that hit the same rock changing in front of us. They left the tire and we took the time to re rack. Bad choice. We also have issues with lost lug nuts and the jack mount. Pretty slow stop.

Then back on course to have the trans cooler line come loose and that was pretty much the end.

We already have new Cam locks and are replacing all our lines and fitting on the truck with the better crimp style.

When they were going they had a good pace.

Mike

MTP, hey sir not a damn thing wrong in that vid, your race 221 rig was riding well. You and your team are working up the triangle of success quite well, as only a couple janky deals got in your way (belt latching, hose/crimp/fitting).

As others have already mentioned, the gremlin filter may be fully well dealt with on your truck, so now you and the boys are ready for some podiums!