News 2022 SCORE San Felipe 250 Live Video, Weatherman, Tracking, Updates

PAB

40's rock!
RDC Crypto
Personally I would not change drivers for San Felipe, the amount of time lost could be a win or loss easily IMO
We can change drivers in less than 30 seconds, quicker than the 34 seconds it takes to full load the truck of fuel. We chose to share driving in every race to be as ready for the 1000 as possible. Didn't work out so good for me....or our engine. It didn't;t kaboom, it just vibrated and gave up. BTW, Suck it Fishy

Advertising supports this site

PAB

40's rock!
RDC Crypto
Sand get sucked in again?
You asking me? It looks like no sand was ingested. However our air cleaner was packed after the stupid AF qualifying in the "Sand Pit".

Sounds like most teams spent a lot of hours trying the clean up the mess and "I hear" a couple teams changed engines. What a bummer to have to undo your full race prep and have to replace a $60-$130k engine because we had to qualify in a San Drag that has no representation of the San Felipe course.

I will get back to you as why we think this motor failed. There is oil pressure and there were no alarms so something likely in the top of the engine failed. I'll post a picture of our scavenge filter if I can figure out how to do so.

I'm very disappointed. Ryan and I were ready, as we were last year. We were leading the race on time, unofficially of course, and our team, like us but weeks and months of effort into this. Our points championship effort is in the sheeter too, LAME.

jcorsico

RDC Crypto
Sounds like most teams spent a lot of hours trying the clean up the mess and "I hear" a couple teams changed engines. What a bummer to have to undo your full race prep and have to replace a $60-$130k engine because we had to qualify in a San Drag that has no representation of the San Felipe course.

What a waste of time and money!

Klaus

Administrator
Solutions
RDC Crypto
Just not many people knew about it.......maybe thats what made it special to some though.
I agree....and us trying to stream it to the world in a way makes it mainstream....and less special.

careful when inviting in all the hype and marketing megaphones.

Kind of like say a San Felipe the remote fishing town at the mar de cortez has its mystical specialness to it.... so lets bump it up and turn it into what? a more northern Cabo ?

I always liked off-road racing because it was NOT on tv.

Last edited:

Baja Bryan

RDC Crypto
I think Walser was faster than Jax. He was even going into the driver change. Jax getting a flat was most likely the difference.
Mike Walser for sure can drive. He is loving my notes system and I think the results show. When Mike got out we were in 3rd position. Diver change, tires and fuel was about 55 seconds, we had to clean out some cactus we hit 5 miles before check the full race video. B500 will be good.

ProfessionalPitMan

RDC Crypto
Mike Walser for sure can drive. He is loving my notes system and I think the results show. When Mike got out we were in 3rd position. Diver change, tires and fuel was about 55 seconds, we had to clean out some cactus we hit 5 miles before check the full race video. B500 will be good.
Did you ride all day? Excellent run and fun to see both Mike and Jax getting faster.

ProfessionalPitMan

RDC Crypto
Yes I was in it all day for both drivers. Got to enjoy every whoop haha.
Awesome stuff. I think both guys being fairly new to TT action, your right seat experience is helping them. I don't doubt we will see a podium or two by the end of the season despite the competition being so stout.

BCarr

RDC Crypto
Yes I was in it all day for both drivers. Got to enjoy every whoop haha.
Unbelievable the whole 277, you rock. Must have had a great hydration plan all day then peeled you out of the seat at the end. No flats I am guessing?

In that race distance, because its San Felipe, I'd like to know how many times the rear shock piston hit the last 20% of travel...

bobby

RDC Crypto
I agree....and us trying to stream it to the world in a way makes it mainstream....and less special.

careful when inviting in all the hype and marketing megaphones.

Kind of like say a San Felipe the remote fishing town at the mar de cortez has its mystical specialness to it.... so lets bump it up and turn it into what? a more northern Cabo ?

I always liked off-road racing because it was NOT on tv.
Exactly! In the 70's what happened in Baja stayed in Baja!

Baja Bryan

RDC Crypto
Unbelievable the whole 277, you rock. Must have had a great hydration plan all day then peeled you out of the seat at the end. No flats I am guessing?

In that race distance, because its San Felipe, I'd like to know how many times the rear shock piston hit the last 20% of travel...
I try to hydrate several days before the race. I race with catheter but was tough to find a spot to pee. 2 flat tires for this race and both within 20 miles. SDG does our suspension and it worked great.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
www.eleusisdigitalcanvas.com
here is our video with in car audio.

Had a decent start, then down the power line road Connors lap belt was coming out. He got it back in twice then the 3rd time had to pull over. Take a look at the speed difference between the Class 1 buggies. Almost hit them one time.

Then they got a flat on a rock. There was another truck that hit the same rock changing in front of us. They left the tire and we took the time to re rack. Bad choice. We also have issues with lost lug nuts and the jack mount. Pretty slow stop.

Then back on course to have the trans cooler line come loose and that was pretty much the end.

We already have new Cam locks and are replacing all our lines and fitting on the truck with the better crimp style.

When they were going they had a good pace.

Mike

Honda48X

RDC Crypto
Good job on the boys. The seat belt issue is weird. Have they ever had that issue before? Love the video Mike.