2023 Can Am

RedRide

RDC Crypto
I’m due for a new UTV and am interested to know if the 2023 Can Am will compete with the new Polaris Pro-R. I have had a lot more luck with Can Am and would like to stick with them, but don’t want to wait much longer. Does anyone have any intel on what the plans are for their 2023 model? Incremental tweaks or a complete redesign?

Advertising supports this site

johndjmix

RDC Crypto
Are the pro-R racers doing a ton of suspension work? I drove one at KOH, and was REALLY REALLY disappointed by suspension and handling. Compared to my X3 (Shock Therapy done to it), the pro-r seemed out of control handling wise. When i tried to push it a bit i went off the trail! Otherwise seemed like a great machine, i must be missing somthing here.

--John

Argentino

RDC Crypto
Are the pro-R racers doing a ton of suspension work? I drove one at KOH, and was REALLY REALLY disappointed by suspension and handling. Compared to my X3 (Shock Therapy done to it), the pro-r seemed out of control handling wise. When i tried to push it a bit i went off the trail! Otherwise seemed like a great machine, i must be missing somthing here.

--John
I emailed Lone Star to get the skinny on the Pro R that caused all the rukus and they told me...

"Full race builds for the Pro R range from $70k-$100k depending on options you choose. This is for a race ready car. right now our next available build would be October. Build time on a complete car is 8-10 weeks from start date."

Mitch's had Walker Evans shocks.

GageFamilyRacing

RDC Crypto
I emailed Lone Star to get the skinny on the Pro R that caused all the rukus and they told me...

"Full race builds for the Pro R range from $70k-$100k depending on options you choose. This is for a race ready car. right now our next available build would be October. Build time on a complete car is 8-10 weeks from start date."

Mitch's had Walker Evans shocks.
I'm pretty sure that's $70-100k not including the price of the Pro R then you need to spring for the X-Travel front suspension kit to help fix the geometry issues in the front end. So for a higher end turn key car your around $150k which isn't to bad for a car of that caliber. I'm not sure what they are like to prep during a season compared to what's currently available but I would think it would be much less.

sand shark

RDC Crypto
I’m due for a new UTV and am interested to know if the 2023 Can Am will compete with the new Polaris Pro-R. I have had a lot more luck with Can Am and would like to stick with them, but don’t want to wait much longer. Does anyone have any intel on what the plans are for their 2023 model? Incremental tweaks or a complete redesign?

Rumor is Can Am has something to compete with the Pro R. When they release it who knows. They have their model reveals over the summer.

sand shark

RDC Crypto

--John

The racers have shock work done. Mitch runs Walker Evans with the X-travel arms. RJ Anderson and his brother Ronnie run Walker Evans. The Matloks run Fox live valve and not sure who is doing their shock work. Brandon Sims is building a Pro R desert racer with Lonestar. I believe he has Shock Therapy do his shock work.

The X3 with shock work really changes the car. Turns it into a completely different animal. I love my X3 with the shock work Tom Morris did.

Argentino

RDC Crypto
I'm pretty sure that's $70-100k not including the price of the Pro R then you need to spring for the X-Travel front suspension kit to help fix the geometry issues in the front end. So for a higher end turn key car your around $150k which isn't to bad for a car of that caliber. I'm not sure what they are like to prep during a season compared to what's currently available but I would think it would be much less.
Yes, that's a customer supplied Pro-R. Not bad really because you could run with a 10 car on some courses for sure.

10 shot

RDC Crypto

RedRide

RDC Crypto

--John
I have never driven a Pro-R but have driven the Turbo-R and it definitely feels much less stable (top heavy) compared to my X3. I was told the active suspension helps but I would prefer to have a lower CG X3 with upgraded power train and suspension.

Total Loss

RDC Crypto
Looks like a lot of falderall...
My car has front steer and shocks on the lower arms...no bump steer...minimal feedback...especially with a proper front spring setup and no sway bar.
But spend 10 k more on your suspension so you can run Polaris...free world.
And brake calipers and hoses up front???

Maybe it works.