2023 Can Am

michael.gonzalez

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
It still looks like rear steer. What I find strange is how the spindle upright and upper a-arm ball joint position is on top of the tire. The lower shock mount looks to be a better design vs the Polaris that used the forked shock eyelet, but they are doing the same thing with running the axle between the mounts and shock. This must have been the way around a Speed Patent as both Can Am and Polaris are doing it that way? Not sure why the shocks are so laid inward when they have the room to stand them up?

The rear seems to have all kinds of stuff going on there. It looks as if they moved the 3rd radius rod up to the top of the rear hub assembly. Then it looks as if they are doing a tow link similar to Polaris but farther in between the trailing arm and chassis. The swaybar looks to come off the rear and swing forward. The engine in the drawing looks to be a triple cylinder with CVT, but that could just be a drawing placement as these patents pertain to suspension. It will be interesting to see if any or all of this ends up in a new X3?
The front view of the canam front end shows the axle going through the lower shock bolt. These artist sketches are just sketches. It’ll be interesting to see if they pursue any of these hardware-wise.

Total Loss

RDC Crypto
It still looks like rear steer. What I find strange is how the spindle upright and upper a-arm ball joint position is on top of the tire. The lower shock mount looks to be a better design vs the Polaris that used the forked shock eyelet, but they are doing the same thing with running the axle between the mounts and shock. This must have been the way around a Speed Patent as both Can Am and Polaris are doing it that way? Not sure why the shocks are so laid inward when they have the room to stand them up?

The rear seems to have all kinds of stuff going on there. It looks as if they moved the 3rd radius rod up to the top of the rear hub assembly. Then it looks as if they are doing a tow link similar to Polaris but farther in between the trailing arm and chassis. The swaybar looks to come off the rear and swing forward. The engine in the drawing looks to be a triple cylinder with CVT, but that could just be a drawing placement as these patents pertain to suspension. It will be interesting to see if any or all of this ends up in a new X3?
Yep...Speed patent.
Oh yeah...rear steer...duh.

WTH is 382 for in the rear? Another trailing bar to the lower link? Now a 5 link? Lots of stuff going on there....I like simple.

Advertising supports this site

Vikter

RDC Crypto
The front view of the canam front end shows the axle going through the lower shock bolt. These artist sketches are just sketches. It’ll be interesting to see if they pursue any of these hardware-wise.
It’s missing the axle on that front view, looks like the tie rod is behind the shock bolt.

raddad415

RDC Crypto
any updates on what canam is going to release for 2023?

im looking at a 4 seat pro r.. but waiting to see what can am is going to do..

Advertising supports this site

Spectator337

RDC Crypto
It's going to be a game changer.
Just like the snowmobile business here in Wi, those famous words ‘game changer’
I assure you, unless it’s out, BRP has never leaked any information, nor has Yamaha. Polaris has.
I’m not saying it’s not going to be a game changer, there’s a lot of room for improvement on side x sides vs snowmobiles, I’m just saying nobody has any inside scoop on BRP, ever....
Speaking of snowmobiles and RGs ‘new clutch’ (BRP- TRA lll) it’s amazing for us in the north how lost people can be in clutching/rubber band drive.

Edit: I think it may be taken as smart azz or a bit harsh, especially for a new guy.
I can give you my word that nothing in my post was meant in a bad way, and I apologize if it came out wrong.

Now my next headache , do I pack and take the long journey to Crandon in the morning? (1/2-hour ish) or stay home and watch it on my $150.00 flo racing app?
Night guys.

Last edited:

Total Loss

RDC Crypto
Just like the snowmobile business here in Wi, those famous words ‘game changer’
I assure you, unless it’s out, BRP has never leaked any information, nor has Yamaha. Polaris has.
I’m not saying it’s not going to be a game changer, there’s a lot of room for improvement on side x sides vs snowmobiles, I’m just saying nobody has any inside scoop on BRP, ever....
Speaking of snowmobiles and RGs ‘new clutch’ (BRP- TRA lll) it’s amazing for us in the north how lost people can be in clutching/rubber band drive.

Edit: I think it may be taken as smart azz or a bit harsh, especially for a new guy.
I can give you my word that nothing in my post was meant in a bad way, and I apologize if it came out wrong.

Now my next headache , do I pack and take the long journey to Crandon in the morning? (1/2-hour ish) or stay home and watch it on my $150.00 flo racing app?
Night guys.
If the weather is good...go.
Life is short.